• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Very Proud of Myself...just Had to Share!!

In summary, Stacey was successful in handing out catalogs to complete strangers today. She was so proud of herself and her husband was extremely embarressed.
PCwithStay-C
So I had 2 opportunites to hand out catalogues to complete strangers today...and I DID IT!!! I was so proud of myself (and DH was extremely embarressed :p )So the first was this woman who bought something from me on Craigslist. I slipped a catalogue in the box when she came to pick it up :) The second was a photographer who was doing family pics of us today.The first woman didnt seem to interested, but the second said her Husband LOVES PC and loves to cook. But they didnt know of any consultants in the area :) Im very proud of myself for finally stepping up and making an effort to expand my business. Now to just get over my phone phobia and Ill be all set :p LOL

Good for you. Keep up the good work. You know the worst they can say on the phone is no to a great opportunity to get fantastic products free/discounted.

Way to go! I am getting over this fear more and more. The more you do it, the less fear there is!

BTW, my hubby is just totally embarassed by me promoting my PC business too! (Kind of...I think sometimes it's more that he is proud of me for stepping out of my comfort zone!) :)

Great job, Stacey!

My DH isn't really embarrassed when I talk to people about PC, but he's impatient that it's taking me so long when I talk to people.

You should be proud of yourself....that's how you build your business!!

Thanks for all of your encouragement. I want so much to make my business successful and know that I can if I step up my game and step out of my comfort zone.My hubby just shakes his head :p Hes really supportive, cause he knows how much I want to do this. He just thinks its funny that I bring it up with EVERYONE!!

pcchris said:
My DH isn't really embarrassed when I talk to people about PC, but he's impatient that it's taking me so long when I talk to people./QUOTE]

My husband is just the opposite. I carry the PC tote with the clear pocket in the front for the catalogs. My husband thinks he's a comedian (which believe me... he is not). We'll go to the grocery store and he'll stand at the end of the checkout line and yell, "Hey, are you a PC consultant??? Can I have one of your catalogs?" :blushing: I swear I am going to beat him one of these days. He has good intentions with his humor, but one of these days Alice... bam boom... straight to the moon!!!

LOl thats funny dawn .. my husband just ignores the whole thing until we need money, then he says "when do you get paid by chef boyardee' LOL

Dawn4 said:
My husband is just the opposite. I carry the PC tote with the clear pocket in the front for the catalogs. My husband thinks he's a comedian (which believe me... he is not). We'll go to the grocery store and he'll stand at the end of the checkout line and yell, "Hey, are you a PC consultant??? Can I have one of your catalogs?" :blushing: I swear I am going to beat him one of these days. He has good intentions with his humor, but one of these days Alice... bam boom... straight to the moon!!!

LOL that is great. At least he knows the right name. Mine calls it the Magic Chef, or the Happy Chef!!

Laurie, we gotta get our hubby together! :rolleyes:

abrahamlaur said:
LOl thats funny dawn .. my husband just ignores the whole thing until we need money, then he says "when do you get paid by chef boyardee' LOL

Chef Boyardee... love that!!!! :D :D

I wanted my hubby to help me paint our DD's room, and he said if you will get on the phone and get a show booked I will help you paint. He knows I work well with incentives. :p I didn't know who else to call right then so I picked up his cell phone and started calling guys from his work to see if they could get their wives to host a show. The guys were such good sports. It was fun, but I didn't really get anywhere. My husband gave me an A for effort and decided that I had earned his help after all.

Cindy, I love that. Can I borrow your hubby to teach mine how to paint?!?!?!

PCwithStay-C said:
Cindy, I love that. Can I borrow your hubby to teach mine how to paint?!?!?!

He's not that good, at painting that is. :thumbdown: LOL , but he is very supportive of my business. I have so many potential recruits whose hubby's don't want them to be gone at night. Really, they don't want to be left alone with kids. It makes me really appreciate what I have. :love:

You guys are just too funny!! Way to go, stepping out of your comfort zones like that!!

You know, I've been a Consultant for a whoppin' 10 years now. Don't worry about the hubby, they really do come around!!

Here's a little story for ya...

Once, my husband was in the kitchen, getting a snack. It so happened that he was slicing off a slice from a block of cheese, and I saw him, and told him to stop, because we "have a cheese knife for that". You should've seen the look on his face!! He made fun of me at the time, and I was a little embarassed for saying anything. A few days later, however, I was totally proud, when I overheard him telling someone, "You know, they (PC) really do have some great stuff!"

Fast forward to this year....he's in the kitchen, getting ready to slice a tomato for a BLT. I was standing there, and he stops and asks, "What knife should I use? Do you have a tomato knife?"
I laughed and said, well, yes, actually we do!! He thought I was kidding! I handed him the green tomato knife, with the protector on it, and he thought it was a plastic knife at first, due to the protector. Anyway, after he realized differently, and began to use it, he says..."hey, this knife works really good!"

So, they do come around....different ways, but they do!!

Keep smiling!
Paula

LOL Paula, that is too funny. Actually sounds just like my hubby. He will ask now what new things I have to use :) Gotta love 'em :D

Toot toot!Good Job Stacey!
I wanted to toot my own horn too! I wore a PC shirt that I bought at conference today, and took my daughter in to get her hair cut and when I walked in the haircutting place the lady pointed at my shirt and told me she loved PC, that our stuff was great and the food was yummy!:balloon:
I asked her if she had her own consultant, she said "no" and I asked if she'd like a catalog and she jumped all over that!
She told me she recently got divorced and it ended bad and she left all her PC stuff with her hubby when she left. I told her about the cookware special next month and she told me to come back in tomorrow night and she'll have her calendar there and we can schedule her a show!:D :D :thumbup: Wahooo!:balloon: You know where I'm going after my meeting tomorrow night!;) :balloon:

Yahhh Cathy :D Good Job!! I gotta get me some PC wear!!
you should try and convince her to do what Im doing at our salon. Im having a mega show with all the hairdressers at the salon. with 7 hairdressers im thinking this will be a good show!!!

You gals need to Pamper some businesses. Set it up where you take a snack in there one day with a few catalogues(to a salon, bank, doc office, real estate office, etc). You never know what that'll get you!!

Congratulations to all of you stepping outside your comfort zones!

This is all exciting! I have a DH story. My husband told me to check out PC since we both are chefs and I wanted to stay home with the kids and we could definitly use some new kitchenware. He wasn't too optimistic about PC at the time but came around. 3 years later he proudly tells everyone that I am a consultant and raves about the rice cooker, knives, and quick-stir pitchers. I can't wait to get the ss family skillet so he can rave about that too. When I went to CA this July, I took almost everything so I can do shows while on the trip. The day we arrived home (2 weeks later) he made dinner and said I needed to get 2 of everything because most of the good stuff was gone :)

Great job ladies on promoting your business. I am just coming out of my shell too and I hope to see results by the end of the month. Keep up the good work!

I have one more!Last night my meeting went long, because we were discussing the fair and propper ediquette (look at PCChris's thread about this!) and all that pertains to fair work and I wasn't able to run by the hair salon because it was too late. But I did stop at the gas station, and when I think that I almost talked myself into "just getting it in the morning!" I'm glad I listened to that small voice!:angel: ;) :D When I went in to pay, the lady asked me for a catalog, because again, I was wearing my PC logo wear! I had on one of the nicer blue blouses (sp?) that I bought at conference!
I have to call her back because I told her about the cookware special in September and she's interested!
Wahooooo!!!!!:D :D :thumbup: :balloon:

I wear a lot of PC logo shirts and it definitely strikes up conversations. I was at Kinkos yesterday making copies wearing my PC shirt and a lady walked to me and said my daughter is getting married in November I would love to get some information on your wedding registry. So thank God I had that stuff in my car, because I was able to get to her and she told me to call her at the end of the week so we can get a bridal shower on the calendar. :)
Congratulations on all of you getting shows and not being timid when it comes to PC. :) :) :) :)

Related to Very Proud of Myself...just Had to Share!!

1. How can I share my success story with Pampered Chef?

To share your success story with Pampered Chef, you can submit it through our website or share it on social media using the hashtag #PamperedChefProud. You can also email us at [email protected].

2. What types of success stories does Pampered Chef feature?

Pampered Chef features a wide range of success stories, including stories about achieving personal or financial goals, overcoming challenges, or making a positive impact on others through our products or business opportunity.

3. Is there a limit on how many times I can share my success story with Pampered Chef?

No, there is no limit on how many times you can share your success story with Pampered Chef. We love hearing from our consultants and customers and encourage you to share your achievements as often as you'd like.

4. Will my success story be featured on Pampered Chef's website or social media?

We cannot guarantee that every success story will be featured on our website or social media. However, we do review and consider all submissions and appreciate you sharing your story with us.

5. Can I include photos or videos with my success story?

Yes, we encourage you to include photos or videos with your success story. This helps us to better visualize and share your achievements with the Pampered Chef community. Please make sure to follow our photo and video guidelines when submitting them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinkie10
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224