• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration After a Disastrous Open House

In summary, April had her first open house and only received one order for $40. She is hoping to get more orders this month.
apriljc
I just have to vent a little so sorry. I held a Fall Open House foday with a Mystery Host theme. I only had three people show up. My Mom, Grandma, and my Grandma's friend. My sales only came to 67.50 so not even a show. I am hoping to get some outside orders from my MIL and some gals that I work with. I made apple bundles and a taco ring and have quite a bit left over. My husband loves them both so he will be sure to have them. I was up until 1:30 last night cleaning my house and then up early this am to finish. And to top things off I get to go out to eat with my inlaws to celebrate a birthday. Today is not a very good day for me. I was hoping to get some bookings of of today but NOT.
OK I think I am done. Just had to let it all out. So I am off to smile with the inlaws and try to stay awake. Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry to hear that April. Keep your chin up! Unfortunately there would be no good without the bad. I hope you can get some outside orders. It will get better!

My first open house, no one showed up! I did get one order, for about $40, which I had to tack onto another tiny show. I'm trying again this month - maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I am hopefull. The first one was in my SS1, so now I have actual contacts and I mailed invitations. My husband passed out a bunch of invites at work, and people seemed excited-but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Overall though, don't be too disappointed. You never know what's around the corner-and plus, you have a nice clean house to enjoy!

Don't get discouraged. It happens. I had my first past host part back in Aug. I sent out over 65 invites. I had only 3 people show up. I only had 10 respond. I made a lot of phone calls to my past hosts to see if they were coming and some responded back and some didn't. I picked a bad month to do it because of people finishing vacations before school starting back up. However, I did get sales from people. Remember the moto, just keep on asking and telling people you are selling PC and you will get the sales you want.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that your Fall Open House didn't go as well as you had hoped. It can be frustrating when we put in a lot of effort and don't see the results we were expecting. However, don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you had a great spread of food and I'm sure your guests enjoyed it. Plus, it's always a good sign when your husband loves the leftovers! Remember, not every event will be a huge success, but that doesn't mean you can't turn things around and still have a successful month. Keep reaching out to your contacts and promoting your business, and I'm sure you'll see some outside orders and bookings come in. Don't let this one experience bring you down, stay positive and keep working towards your goals. I'm here to support you, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any advice or tips. Hang in there and keep smiling!

1. How do I effectively express my frustration after a disastrous open house?

One of the best ways to vent frustration after a disastrous open house is to find a trusted friend or family member to talk to. Venting to someone who will listen and offer support can help you release your emotions and feel better.

2. Should I share my frustration with my team or colleagues?

It can be helpful to share your frustration with your team or colleagues, especially if they were also involved in the open house. They can offer support and may have helpful suggestions for moving forward.

3. How can I prevent feeling overwhelmed after a disastrous open house?

One way to prevent feeling overwhelmed is to take a break and step away from the situation. This can allow you to clear your head and come back with a fresh perspective. Additionally, creating a plan for how to handle similar situations in the future can help you feel more prepared and in control.

4. Is it okay to express my frustration to clients or potential customers?

It is generally not recommended to express frustration to clients or potential customers. This can create a negative impression and may harm your business relationships. Instead, focus on finding solutions and moving forward in a positive manner.

5. Are there any productive ways to channel my frustration after a disastrous open house?

Yes, there are many productive ways to channel frustration after a disastrous open house. Some options include writing in a journal, exercising, practicing relaxation techniques, or seeking professional therapy. Find what works best for you and make it a regular part of your self-care routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies