• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Skimmer for Making Jelly: A Guest's Question

In summary, to properly use a skimmer for making jelly, make sure it is clean and dry and gently skim the surface of the hot jelly mixture to remove any foam or impurities. Using a regular spoon is not recommended as it may not be as effective and can disrupt the jelly's consistency. While not necessary, using a skimmer can greatly improve the quality of the jelly. After use, rinse with hot water and dry before storing. A skimmer can also be used for making other types of preserves and skimming soups and broths, but be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.
beckysuem
Anyone know if the skimmer is good to use with Jelly--to take the foam off, I guess? I don't make jelly, but I had a guest ask...

yes it does work really well.

Does the foam need to be removed, or is it OK to leave it on?It is not necessary to remove the foam from jelly. The foam is caused by air bubbles forming during the cooking process and will eventually dissolve into the jelly as it cools. If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use a skimmer to remove the foam, but it is not necessary for the taste or safety of the jelly.

Related to Using a Skimmer for Making Jelly: A Guest's Question

1. How do I properly use a skimmer for making jelly?

To use a skimmer for making jelly, first make sure your skimmer is clean and dry. Then, gently skim the surface of your hot jelly mixture, removing any foam or impurities that rise to the top. Be careful not to press down on the mixture, as this can cause the jelly to become cloudy.

2. Can I use a regular spoon instead of a skimmer for making jelly?

We recommend using a skimmer for making jelly as it is specifically designed for this purpose. Regular spoons may not be able to remove the foam and impurities as effectively and can also disrupt the jelly's consistency.

3. Is a skimmer necessary for making jelly?

While it is not absolutely necessary, using a skimmer can greatly improve the quality of your jelly by removing any unwanted foam or impurities. It also helps to ensure a clear and smooth consistency.

4. How do I clean my skimmer after using it for making jelly?

After using your skimmer for making jelly, rinse it with hot water to remove any leftover residue. You can also use a small amount of dish soap and a sponge for a more thorough cleaning. Make sure to dry it completely before storing.

5. Can I use a skimmer for making other types of preserves?

Yes, a skimmer can be used for making other types of preserves such as jams and marmalades. It can also be used for skimming soups and broths. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to avoid cross-contamination of flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rosecrystalcat
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rosecrystalcat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies