• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update on My Pregnancy: Low Progesterone Scare but All is Well!

pretty much everything! The only thing that I didn't have was morning sickness, and that was probably because I was taking prenatal vitamins. But other than that, I was sick all the time. My husband even said it was like I had the flu all the time. :-)
calebsmom0822
Well, my hubby left an hour ago, to go back to Ft.Campbell...:( But I'm thankful he was able to be here for 9 days!! Now I'm counting down the 14 days until I see him again. :)

I had a scare a week ago tho..I started spotting and cramping...I was so scared, my hubby was on his way here, but 5 hours away. So my Mom took me to the ER. I waited in the ER for 2 hours before being seen. To make a long story short, I DIDN'T miscarry..(Praise God)...my hcg levels were rising! yippy!! BUT..... my Progesterone level was real low (6.5....should be above 9 atleast) sooooooo....I'm having to do progestrone suppositories (sorry if that's TMI..haha) I'll have an ultrasound on Dec 5th to check on the development of the baby. So for now, I'm doing very well. No spotting, no cramping..and thankful that my morning sickness isn't too bad! (I had it bad with my son)

So I thought I'd let you all know what's going on. Sorry I haven't been online for the past week, just been spending quality time with my hubby and son. :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving...and a great weekend!!!

Praise God!!!PRAISE GOD for His Grace and mercy!!

I am so glad you didn't miscarry. I know that can be devastating. I have never experienced it but a dear friend of mine has miscarried about 4 times. She has a two year old and is carrying baby number two right now. She is on strict bed rest and has been spotting, and cramping alot in this pregnancy. The Lord has sustained her and kept that baby healthy and strong in her tummy.

It is humbling to have to lay around all day depending on others to care for you and to help you with EVERYTHING!!!

Take it easy, try to stay off your feet and get plenty of rest. IT's great to have moms and MIL around. They can be so helpful.

Glad your morning sickness isn't bad. Mine isn't that bad either. I do have a sore throat, and I thought I had pink eye. I woke up and my left eye was blood shot red and sore. It has cleared up. I had a fever and was so tired this morning. I didn't make it to church but my husband did. He took all the kids except for my sidekick Isaac. He's my very attached one year old who is watching Barney. I slept until almost 10 am today.

Debbie :D

I am glad that everything is okay with you Nicole! I bled through my first pregnancy and everything turned out fine. I spotted through some of my second, but everything was fine again! This time I haven't had any spotting, and hope that I can actually have a "normal" pregnancy without bleeding this time! I am almost 11 weeks and have been feeling a lot better. I can't wait to find out the sex in January!! I have one of each so it doesn't really matter, but still exciting!

Glad to hear that everything is ok with all of you pregnant gals. My older sister is due in March with her 1st baby. She had to take it easy the first couple of months but now she is doing fine. I got to see her on TG and she is getting a pregnant tummy, how cute. I can hardly wait until she delivers because this will be my first niece or nephew. I will pray for all of you to have a good pregnancy and to have a healthy baby. I am finding out from my own kids that they grow up way too fast.

I had alot of spotting and some bleeding through both of my pregnancys. Actually the spotting is how I knew I was pregnant the 2nd time. (it was just like the first so I figured I was pregnant) I guess thats just what my body does when its pregnant. I know of other women the same way. I also had a friend who had to take those suppositories. She only had to take them for a certain amount of time though. She has 2 babies now.

Thanks ladies!! I'm much more relaxed about it all now.:) I've been taking it easy...that's hard to do though with a 4 yr old. HAHA Hope you all are having a good week so far.

At least your 4 year old is big enough to do for himself on somethings, which will make life a lot easier for you during your pregnancy. I'm due today with my 4th, and had spotting with #2 and #4, and everything was fine with both. I'm also a former military wife (my ex was in the navy when I was pregnant with my oldest son) so I know the feeling of having to go through a lot of it without Daddy being able to be there. Sounds like you have your mom there to help out, so that is a good thing.

Take it easy and try not to stress. Encourage Caleb to talk to the baby and interact with your belly as much as possible. I know it sounds silly, but it was what made my little ones feel so close to each additional munchkin as we have had them. My 3 year old even tries to "feed" the baby or "show" him things through my belly button. My 15 month old has to hug and kiss my belly every day. Like I said, sounds silly, but its heartwarming too.

Good luck!

Heather

Mommy to Michael (13), James (3), Katie (15 months) and Xander (due today.... no signs of contractions yet)

pcheframsey said:
Mommy to Michael (13), James (3), Katie (15 months) and Xander (due today.... no signs of contractions yet)

My youngest is named Xander too! I love the name. His full name is Alexander, and we call him Xander or just Xan.

I hope your delivery goes smoothly! :)

pcheframsey said:
Xander (due today.... no signs of contractions yet)
Good luck!! Keep us posted. Do you think you'll go really fast because he's your 4th??

I know someone whose son is Alexander, but Xander for short. Cute!!:)

Good luck! Hopefully you don't go too far over your due date!(TMI WARNING*************************************************************)With my son I induced myself using nipple stimulation. It worked like a charm and he was here 10 hours later!

Related to Update on My Pregnancy: Low Progesterone Scare but All is Well!

1. What is progesterone and why is it important during pregnancy?

Progesterone is a hormone that is naturally produced by the body during pregnancy. It helps to maintain the uterine lining and prepare the body for pregnancy. It is also essential for the development of the placenta and helps to regulate the immune system during pregnancy.

2. What does it mean to have low progesterone during pregnancy?

Low progesterone during pregnancy can mean that the body is not producing enough of the hormone to support a healthy pregnancy. This can lead to a higher risk of miscarriage or other complications, such as preterm labor.

3. How is low progesterone during pregnancy diagnosed?

Low progesterone during pregnancy can be diagnosed through a blood test, which measures the levels of progesterone in the body. Your doctor may also perform an ultrasound to check the development of the pregnancy and the levels of progesterone in the placenta.

4. What are some common symptoms of low progesterone during pregnancy?

Some common symptoms of low progesterone during pregnancy include spotting or bleeding, abdominal cramping, and a decrease in pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and breast tenderness. However, these symptoms can also be caused by other factors, so it is important to talk to your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.

5. How is low progesterone during pregnancy treated?

If you are diagnosed with low progesterone during pregnancy, your doctor may prescribe progesterone supplements to help support the pregnancy. These supplements can come in the form of pills, injections, or vaginal suppositories. Your doctor will monitor your progesterone levels and adjust the dosage as needed to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • emiscookin