• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unusual Stoneware Flaking: Expert Advice on a Customer's Concern

C
cookingabcs
:confused: I just got a phonecall from a new customer about her bar pan flaking. She's only used the pan once to make cookies so it's the seasoning flaking off. She says it's the actual clay coming off to expose black spots underneath. She wants to know if it's still safe to bake on. I've never heard of this happening before and black spots don't make sense to me. If the clay is all the way through, where would the black spots come from? Weird.

Had anyone heard of this type of thing happening before?

Thanks!

It sounds defective to me. I would be scared to use it. (Black stuff makes mold come to mind.) It just sounds weird. I would have her return it.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your bar pan. As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I understand the importance of having reliable and durable stoneware in our kitchens.After consulting with our team of experts, we have not come across such a situation before. However, we advise that you discontinue using the pan and contact our customer service team for further assistance. Our team will be able to provide you with a replacement or a solution to resolve the issue.We take the safety and quality of our products very seriously and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any further concerns or questions.Best regards,
Pampered Chef Consultant

What is unusual stoneware flaking?

Unusual stoneware flaking is when the seasoning or clay on a stoneware pan begins to peel or flake off, exposing the underlying clay or black spots.

Is it safe to bake on a stoneware pan with flaking?

In most cases, stoneware pans with flaking are still safe to use for baking. However, it is important to inspect the pan and determine the cause of the flaking before using it again.

What causes stoneware flaking?

Stoneware flaking can be caused by a variety of factors, including improper seasoning, high cooking temperatures, and harsh cleaning methods. It can also occur if the stoneware pan is dropped or banged against a hard surface.

Can stoneware flaking be prevented?

Yes, stoneware flaking can be prevented by properly seasoning the pan before use, avoiding high cooking temperatures, and using gentle cleaning methods. It is also important to handle the pan carefully and avoid dropping or banging it against hard surfaces.

What should I do if my stoneware pan is flaking?

If your stoneware pan is flaking, it is best to stop using it until you can determine the cause of the flaking. If the flaking is minor, you may be able to continue using the pan after properly seasoning it. However, if the flaking is extensive or the cause is unknown, it may be best to replace the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefSandyK
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Nut