• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Display Ideas for Bridal Expo - Stand Out from Big Department Stores

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant preparing for a Bridal Expo and discussing different display options. They are considering showcasing high-ticket items and highlighting the opportunity to earn money through the business. Other consultants offer their opinions and suggestions, and the consultant updates after the expo and shares their success with focusing on high-end products. They also mention using a PowerPoint presentation and having a drawing for a prize.
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I am doing a Bridal Expo on Tue. with one of my recruits, and we're trying to decide what type of display we're going to do. In the past, we've focused on new products, the 4 big product lines (stoneware, cookware, simple additions and wovens), and highlighting the new consultant kit, but this time, we're thinking of doing something different.

Since we compete with big dept. stores and "Bed, Bath & Beyond" and "Target" type stores in our area (for registries), we were thinking of bringing the 5- and 7-piece Exec. Cookware sets (and tools), as well as the SA pieces set up like a place setting (w/silverware, glassware, etc). I was also thinking of just highlighting the high-ticket items, like the Trifle bowl, Stainless Mixing Bowl set, Ult. Mandoline, and other items that are more "gift" worthy, instead of bringing lots of little "gadgets" under $20. We're also thinking of talking about the oppty, of course, and bring it up as a way to help pay for the wedding or new home expenses, etc.

What do you all think of this? What have you done and what has worked best for you? I'm interested to hear any and all opinions on this, as we'd really like for these expos to start generating some real leads for us. Thanks!

Sounds really great! There are pictures of booths in either the files or pictures areas... just search from the toolbar above! Good luck!

Do you have a laptop with wireless access? I know consultants who have had great success creating registries on the spot with brides.

chefann said:
Do you have a laptop with wireless access? I know consultants who have had great success creating registries on the spot with brides.

I would love to be able to do that - I went to the mall where it's being held to check it out, and they don't have a free wireless connection, but we might be able to pay for it through the McDonald's connection that's available there. For now, we're just planning to use the "Well-Stocked Kitchen" list from the registry and I've added a section at the top for the bride and groom's names, wedding date, address, phone and email so they can sign up that way and we'll register them from home. I'll let you know how that works out! :)

cathyskitchen said:
I am doing a Bridal Expo on Tue. with one of my recruits, and we're trying to decide what type of display we're going to do. In the past, we've focused on new products, the 4 big product lines (stoneware, cookware, simple additions and wovens), and highlighting the new consultant kit, but this time, we're thinking of doing something different.

Since we compete with big dept. stores and "Bed, Bath & Beyond" and "Target" type stores in our area (for registries), we were thinking of bringing the 5- and 7-piece Exec. Cookware sets (and tools), as well as the SA pieces set up like a place setting (w/silverware, glassware, etc). I was also thinking of just highlighting the high-ticket items, like the Trifle bowl, Stainless Mixing Bowl set, Ult. Mandoline, and other items that are more "gift" worthy, instead of bringing lots of little "gadgets" under $20. We're also thinking of talking about the oppty, of course, and bring it up as a way to help pay for the wedding or new home expenses, etc.

What do you all think of this? What have you done and what has worked best for you? I'm interested to hear any and all opinions on this, as we'd really like for these expos to start generating some real leads for us. Thanks!

Sounds GREAT to me ~ I agree with the competition view - we need to show high end items at Bridal fairs - have catalogs aviale to browse through....

I am going to set up my next brial fair as you have described above... GOOD LUCK!!

PCGINA said:
Sounds GREAT to me ~ I agree with the competition view - we need to show high end items at Bridal fairs - have catalogs aviale to browse through....

I am going to set up my next brial fair as you have described above... GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

I also made a PowerPoint presentation to show at the expo in case we're busy talking to someone else. I tried to attach it but I'm not sure if I can - anyone know how?

Update!Well, the expo went great! It was SUPER busy and my team member and I got a lot of great registry and possible recruit leads, so I'm pumped! We brought only the things that are on the "Well-Stocked Kitchen" list, and most of the stuff was over $50 (cookware, DCB, Trifle Bowl, Salad Spinner, forged cutlery, 3-tier stand, stainless mixing bowls, wovens, etc.). We had them put the drawing slips in the Trifle Bowl, so that was the talk of the expo. I even met my son's "lunch lady" at the end - too funny! We printed our drawing slips in different colors so it was easier to divide them up at the end of the night, too.

The only thing I have to complain about is that someone stole my "It's Good For You" cookbook!!! UGH!! We had the 3 cookbooks out that are on the WSK list (that one, Stoneware Inspirations and Cooking for 2 and More) and we saw it there the whole time until near the end. We didn't leave the table un-manned for one second all night. I thought maybe someone grabbed it thinking it was a freebie (like catalogs or something - but we didn't have them out to grab, we were handing them out), so I had the expo organizers make an announcement that someone had "mistakenly" taken the TGFY cookbook from the PC table and that we needed it back, but no one returned it. GRRR!!! I know I earned that book free, so now I'm going to have to pay for one - DOUBLE GRR!! Some people - oh, and all of the pens I took were taken, too!! (people kept asking if they could take them and we had to keep saying "NO" - they were for the drawing slips!! HELLO!!) Everyone wants something for free, I guess, huh? Oh, well. Hopefully all of the registries and recruits I get from this will pay for the darned thing.

1. How can I set up an eye-catching display for a bridal expo?

To create an attractive display for a bridal expo, start by choosing a color scheme that reflects the theme of your products. Use props, such as cake stands, to add height and dimension to your display. Arrange your products in a visually appealing way, with the most popular or newest items at eye level. Use tablecloths and backdrops to create a cohesive and professional look. Don't forget to include business cards or flyers for attendees to take with them.

2. What types of products should I include in my bridal expo display?

It's important to showcase a variety of products that are relevant to brides and wedding planning. This could include kitchen gadgets, cookware sets, bakeware, and entertaining essentials. Consider also including items specifically for the bride and groom, such as personalized cutting boards or cake toppers. Don't forget to highlight any special promotions or discounts that are available for bridal expo attendees.

3. How can I make my display stand out from others at the bridal expo?

One way to make your display stand out is by offering interactive elements. This could include hosting a cooking demonstration using your products or providing samples for attendees to try. Another idea is to incorporate technology, such as a tablet or laptop, to showcase recipes or product demonstrations. Additionally, having a well-designed and visually appealing display will help draw attention to your booth.

4. Should I offer any special deals or promotions during the bridal expo?

Offering special deals or promotions is a great way to attract potential customers at a bridal expo. Consider offering a discount on a popular product or a bundle deal for multiple items. You could also offer a raffle or giveaway for attendees who sign up for your email list or follow your social media accounts. Just be sure to have clear and noticeable signage to promote your deals and make them easily accessible to customers.

5. How can I make sure my display is organized and presentable throughout the entire expo?

It's important to have a plan in place to keep your display organized and presentable throughout the event. This could include assigning specific tasks to team members, such as restocking products or arranging the display. Be sure to also have enough supplies on hand, such as extra business cards or tablecloths, in case of any last-minute changes. Additionally, take breaks throughout the day to tidy up and rearrange your display to keep it looking fresh and inviting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkspeir
Replies