• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Expert Advice for Your Bridal Expo Setup and Raffle Ideas

In summary, Deb provided a summary of her experience at a bridal expo. She found that while most of the attendees were interested in registering for a wedding registry, only a few were interested in actually purchasing anything. She suggests giving away something of value, such as a cooking show card, to get more people interested in registering.
Debbieskk
Hi - I signed up to do a bridal expo but have only been doing PC for 4 months. Can anyone give me some nice ideas on how to set up the table - I'm not too creative - so any advice would help. Also, I wanted to do two raffles - one, to draw people in and the other only for brides that register with me that day. Can anyone tell me what items draw people in for a raffle - of course - trying not to break my bank account? Also - I've heard that brides look for "giveaways" - does anyone have any ideas - or do you think they'd go for some type of coupon - like, "free PC show" or "free product if you book a show"?
Thanks,
Deb

Since wedding registry is the focus, I'll tell what I did yesterday at my bridal fair.
1. Find out if they are providing tables and tableclothes, if not a simple white tablecloth will be best. I lay shiny colored material across it (This is inexpensive material that comes in bright colors: I used shiny red, since valentine's was coming up.)

2. I had my tool turn about out with all my tools, SS mixing bowls with a golden bow wrapped around it. I had my flip chart with the wedding registry information in it. I had a plastic trifold holder (buy at any paper supply place) that I had the PC wedding registry trifold in. I laid out the insert cards (that go inside the couples invitations). I explain to EVERY Person how the registry works: I focus on how our registry differs from others (the couple earns free products with the gifts purchased), gifts can be mailed to bride or groom, easy online access from home, cards to insert inside invitations.

3. I use boxes under the material, to lift items so their is height in the display, I use the simple addition caddy and add candies, if you have a piece of the SS or cookware to display.

4. Give away- the batter bowl is inexpensive for you and great for those to use. I let anyone enter, because some brides and grooms have sent their moms and dads to the event instead of themselves. This will draw them in, so you can follow up later with setting up registries.

5. For those who set up a registry: People are too busy to do that at the event. I would give a week and let them know that if the register by... you will send them the batter bowl when their registry hits $100.

I hope this helps.

At my last bridal fair, my recruiter and I worked it the second day, and she and another consultant worked it the day before. The other girl was giving away a stone worth $30 ... we had a basket with unwanted PC items, door prizes, dollar store stuff and a free cooking show card. The first day, my recruiter had 100 people enter her drawing and she only had 35 ... the second day (which was slower) we both had 50. I think part of that was due to personalities, but also because the baskets really caught their eye.

About TWENTY of my people said they were interested in a bridal registry, and some of those also were interested in a shower or a show. 5 others were interested at some other level (even if it was "other" or question mark!) I think there are others who are interested too who just didn't happen to check anything.

Di_Can_Cook said:
At my last bridal fair, my recruiter and I worked it the second day, and she and another consultant worked it the day before. The other girl was giving away a stone worth $30 ... we had a basket with unwanted PC items, door prizes, dollar store stuff and a free cooking show card. The first day, my recruiter had 100 people enter her drawing and she only had 35 ... the second day (which was slower) we both had 50. I think part of that was due to personalities, but also because the baskets really caught their eye.

About TWENTY of my people said they were interested in a bridal registry, and some of those also were interested in a shower or a show. 5 others were interested at some other level (even if it was "other" or question mark!) I think there are others who are interested too who just didn't happen to check anything.

Can I ask what came from your follow up? I am doing a small Bridal event in Feb.

Thank you so much! All the informatin is very helpful - and I'm surely going to use it! Question for Lockhartkitchen: What info did you put in your flipchart - if the trifold was displayed separately and the insert cards, what did you put into the flip chart? Also, did you hand out catalogs and recruit info? Also, what do you cover the boxes with, and do you put other items on top of them, or just what you mentioned?
For Di Can Cook: What do you mean by "free cooking show card"? I'm also interested to know how followup went for you, as well.
If any others can offer advice, i'd be very grateful. Also, I've heard that bridal expos can be very busy - how many people do you think i need to have with me to help?
Again, thank you so much for your replies!
Deb

I've just started the follow-up. I was a little tired and bummed tonight (car broke down, things uncertain at this point) so I only made one call that actually went through. The girl was very interested and wanted to know how she'd do it, so I told her I'd send her an e-mail that would explain everything. Also sent the same e-mail to 3 other girls that didn't write a phone number on theirs.

For the free cooking show ... I just put a biz card on there and put "free cooking show ... I provide ingredients" on the back. I don't think that's much of an incentive, but it is something.

Oh, and I would have no more than one other consultant with you ... the more you divide it up, the fewer contacts you get, and the less bang for your buck! I just figure that if I get ONE good bridal registry, it pays for itself!

I kept my display really simple. I had a couple pieces of cookware, a piece of stoneware, a piece of forged cutlery, and some simple additions pieces. I used the 3-tiered stand and put out recipe cards and registry info, and opportunity info on them. Then I also put the recruiting promotion flyer out with a sign on top that said Help Wanted.

For a give-away I gave out our recipe cards with a small label with my info on it. People loved that. I put out my batter bowl with another sign that said Enter to Win a Cookbook of Your Choice for FREE!! That really got people interested in giving me their info.

What I did was stand in front of my table and talk to people as they came up. I would ask if they were familiar with PC and go from there. I would offer them a recipe and then go into my speil about the registry and showers. Then I would give them a opportunity flyer and talk a little about that. Most people seemed very receptive to it all.

So I didn't give away anything there at the fair. I am picking a name tonight and then will contact them and let pick out the one they want.

All in all I had a great experience there at the show. I don't think I will know for sure how profitable it was until I get all the contacts made and a bit of time has passed. I do feel like the contacts I made were good ones and I made good impressions with everyone. It was a good time, but I won't know for a while if I would do one again.

What is a bridal expo and why should I attend?

A bridal expo is a large event that brings together various vendors and resources for planning a wedding. It is a one-stop-shop for all things related to weddings, from venues and caterers to photographers and florists. Attending a bridal expo can save you time and money by allowing you to compare different options and receive special discounts and promotions.

How can I make the most out of attending a bridal expo?

Research the vendors beforehand and make a list of the ones you are most interested in. Come prepared with questions and a budget in mind. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a tote bag to collect informational materials and business cards. Attend any workshops or seminars offered to gain valuable insights and tips for planning your wedding.

Do I need to bring anything with me to the bridal expo?

It is recommended to bring a notebook and pen to take notes during vendor consultations. You may also want to bring a friend or family member to help you make decisions and provide feedback. Some vendors may also offer special promotions if you bring a copy of your wedding date and budget.

How can I get the most out of talking to vendors at the bridal expo?

Be open and honest about your expectations and budget. Ask for their portfolios, references, and any special packages or discounts they may offer. Take your time and don't feel pressured to make a decision on the spot. It's also helpful to bring a list of questions to ask each vendor to ensure you gather all the information you need.

What are the benefits of registering for a bridal expo in advance?

By registering in advance, you can often receive discounted admission prices and early access to the event. You may also get a list of the vendors attending beforehand, allowing you to plan your visit more efficiently. Some bridal expos also offer special prizes or giveaways for pre-registered attendees. Additionally, registering in advance can help the event organizers better plan for the number of attendees and ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ncpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman