• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique and Thoughtful Teacher Gift Ideas for the Holidays

In summary, a teacher is trying to decide what to give this year to different teachers. They think about what the teachers like and what the teachers could use. They come up with a plan and give the different items.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm trying to decide what to give this year. Last year I did small batter bowls with a cookie mix layered in it. The year before I gave the sprinkles to the dance teacher and the trivet to the school teachers. I don't know what I want to do this time. The teachers are different, so I guess I could give them whatever. The dance teacher is the same, though, and I don't know what to give her. She practically lives at the dance studio, she's so busy teaching, so I want to give her something that will get used and come in handy. I wish I knew their kitchens and what they could use! :D

What are you guys giving this year?

I am getting the 1,2,3 dip set and giving each teacher a dip and bamboo spoon, figure I'll package it up pretty in a bag with ribbon or something.

The last week, someone bought 4 dipping seasonings and was going to get small bottles of olive oil and put both in a gift bag. Just last Friday, someone bought 7 microcookers and was going to put some dried soup mixes in there. She said she wouldnt have to worry about anything falling and breaking on the bus.:balloon:

I think I may bake/make something for his leaders at church - he has two men co-teaching his class this year, and I'm not sure what to get for them.

At school, I know his teacher is a vegetarian, and that she enjoys cooking...so she's getting a basket of goodies with the vegetarian cookbook. (we are so thankful for her - and want to do something special!) Then, his media center teacher, who is his favorite "other" teacher at school is also a man...so possibly may be getting baked goods also, and maybe a different cookbook. He's really great at working with our son too...I'm just so overwhelmed with gratitude for the teachers he has this year (night and day difference from last year!) that I want to do something special for them!

Hmm, maybe I'll get them the Raspberry Habanero & Spicy Pineapple Rum sauces with a box of club crackers and a beaded spreader. Then write a nice card with it and tell them all that's missing is a block of cream cheese and a plate. ;)

Well, that might be a little bit too expensive....let me think some more.

babywings76 said:
Well, that might be a little bit too expensive....let me think some more.

What if you got a set of the Snowman Plates, and gave each a sauce, and a plate with candy on it, and explained how they could use the sauce on the plate w/ cream cheese as an easy Holiday appetizer?

I like the idea of giving them a sauce. You could give an all-purpose spreader with it. Not as pretty, but it gets the job done, and they can use it for bagels, etc.

leftymac said:
I like the idea of giving them a sauce. You could give an all-purpose spreader with it. Not as pretty, but it gets the job done, and they can use it for bagels, etc.

See - it's good to hear from an actual teacher!

I wouldn't give any mixes or anything homemade. When I was teaching, we made a point never to eat any food that was given to us unless it came from a commercial food facility. We never knew whose kids helped with it, or who let their cats up on the countertops, etc. so it was the only way to stay safe, lol! Of course, we always reported back to the kids that we had it and enjoyed it very much! :)

magentablue said:
I wouldn't give any mixes or anything homemade. When I was teaching, we made a point never to eat any food that was given to us unless it came from a commercial food facility. We never knew whose kids helped with it, or who let their cats up on the countertops, etc. so it was the only way to stay safe, lol!

Of course, we always reported back to the kids that we had it and enjoyed it very much! :)

My mom is a teacher and this was how it worked at our house too, unless we knew the family well and then we'd eat it---otherwise, trash.

The stories about not eating homemade gifts reminds me of a story my friend tells. She was a kindergarten teacher. One of the moms brought her a plate of cookies as a Christmas gift. She said, "I know they're good because I licked the spoon after I put each one on the pan." Needless to say, she didn't eat the cookies.

Too funny, Rae! :DKeith, I'm thinking I might do the sauces. Or how about this: The Sundried Tomato and Herb seasoning with one Petite Snack Bowl and one Petite Bamboo spoon along with a small bottle of oil (if I can find them reasonably priced) and a recipe card with other use suggestions. I calculated and the cost of it w/o the oil would be just under $20 a teacher. (it costs me more than that as an order because I have to split up sets to do this for 5 teachers, but I'll have 3 leftover bowls and 1 spoon.)

babywings76 said:
Too funny, Rae! :D

Keith, I'm thinking I might do the sauces. Or how about this: The Sundried Tomato and Herb seasoning with one Petite Snack Bowl and one Petite Bamboo spoon along with a small bottle of oil (if I can find them reasonably priced) and a recipe card with other use suggestions. I calculated and the cost of it w/o the oil would be just under $20 a teacher. (it costs me more than that as an order because I have to split up sets to do this for 5 teachers, but I'll have 3 leftover bowls and 1 spoon.)

Amanda..I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree where you are..but they have little bottles of Olive Oil..sometimes they have Olive and I think Soy Oil mixed..but you might want to check there.

chefheidi2003 said:
Amanda..I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree where you are..but they have little bottles of Olive Oil..sometimes they have Olive and I think Soy Oil mixed..but you might want to check there.

I'm pretty sure we have oil in our catalog ;) If you're willing to invest that amount of $$ as well.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I'm pretty sure we have oil in our catalog ;) If you're willing to invest that amount of $$ as well.

You are correct there is oil in our catalog but she said if she can find some reasonably priced..I figured she didn't mean our oil.

chefheidi2003 said:
You are correct there is oil in our catalog but she said if she can find some reasonably priced..I figured she didn't mean our oil.

And besides - the oil in our catalog is Canola oil, not Olive oil. It's okay for cooking, but I would never use it for dipping! :yuck::yuck::yuck:

I'm shocked to hear you guys say that you wouldn't eat something homemade!!!!! If the spoon was licked the germs cooked out in the oven and if they don't it just helps build your immune system.

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

lesliec said:
I'm shocked to hear you guys say that you wouldn't eat something homemade!!!!! If the spoon was licked the germs cooked out in the oven and if they don't it just helps build your immune system.

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

If they are MY families germs, I can live with it...we're dealing with them anyway...but someone else's ..// GROSS! Cooked out or not...that's just nasty.

When my kids help me make snacks or something for their Cub Scout dens, they always want to stick their finger in the bowl or lick the spoon...but I tell them NOT TO TOUCH it until we are done. They can lick the bowl/spoon/fingers AFTER we're done. Otherwise they get booted from the kitchen.

Gifts: The prep bowls would make great/inexpensive gifts too. Fill with some candy, tie on a ribbon, etc.

I'm wondering, from the teachers out there on this board, what would YOU like to receive for a gift from a child? I always wonder what would the teacher like to get, instead of another coffe mug, etc. Thanks in advance!!

sherri lynn said:
I'm wondering, from the teachers out there on this board, what would YOU like to receive for a gift from a child? I always wonder what would the teacher like to get, instead of another coffe mug, etc. Thanks in advance!!

See what Keith Ridgeway (leftymac) wrote. He's a HS French teacher.

I did a show for a teacher once and she said the best gift would be the pan scrapers. She said they are great for getting glue and all sorts off the tables. (she is a 1st grade teacher)

Last year I gave our teachers the 2cup prep bowls stacked, one with candy the other with bath salts ;). I think I will do the same with the new teachers. :)

Thanks for the ideas. I appreciate it.

I gave our coffee & more cups with some chocolates in it. I gave a couple of other little things. A Quikut Paring Knife and a couple of twixits. They LOVED those cups. They are different than the typical coffee cup. I also have the colored bowl sets (discontinued Simple Additions) and I used those as well. They were on the outlet for $16 so that was a great deal. I like the scraper idea. Maybe include the list of uses with it!

I'm a teacher. Please NO mugs!! Bless their hearts, but no more. I would love the prep bowls filled with candy. A sauce with the spreader is a great idea too! I have a fundraiser I'm doing right now and this gave me the idea to add some things to this order so I could get my kids' teacher gifts too. My best Christmas gift was last year: a student's mom owns a salon (she does my hair). She gave me a 1 hour massage gift certificate. She hooked me!

I was thinking one of the dessert sauces with a petite bamboo spoon, but I like these other ideas too!

Thanks for your responses, I now have a better idea of what a teacher really wants!

I know what I don't want - stuff that is just going to sit around! I've got more mugs, ornaments and such than I can count. I also don't really like candy, etc. as I really don't need that stuff. What is nice - gift cards, items I can use in my classroom, useful things at home. I would've loved something like a batter bowl or microcooker. I like the oil dipping seasonings as well - that's a great idea.

I told my SIL (teacher) about this thread, and she said "Please, God, not another mug!" She said that over the years she's been teaching (almost 20) there has only been 1 mug that she liked and used. The rest get used in the classroom to hold paint brushes, markers, etc. The one she liked came with a Starbucks gift certificate inside. I think that some of the gift sets would make lovely teacher gifts. 1-2-3 Dip! set comes to mind. I think it also makes a great grab bag gift, and so that's what I will be giving this year! :p

Stack some prep bowls with candy inside, like a 2-cup with mints, a 1-cup with lemon drops or jolly ranchers. You can find the colored paper toppers that you tape onto the lids over on consultant's corner from one of the Homemade for the Holidays shows. As a teacher, my favorite gifts are either Starbucks cards or crafty things handmade by the students. One fun and simple is Hershey's kisses in side a Whisk with 'we wisk you a Merry Christmas!'

My son's teacher is getting the new Soups, Stews, and Chili cookbook along with a set of Coffee and More mugs. The bus driver, PE teacher, Art Teacher and Music teacher are getting just the cookbook.

Both my daughter and I are teachers and we would LOVE to get anything Pampered Chef. However, I did see in the "Files" tab a couple of neat sheets, that consultants had posted, featuring many inexpensive Pampered Chef products under $10.00. We love the mini spoons and anything bamboo. You can always give a jar of any of the sweet sprinkles or sauces with a "sweet" note like " Thanks for putting a little spice in Suzie day". You can always add some recipe ideas on multiple ways to use the spices or sauces. But we have to agree, as much as we LOVE homemade gifts, we suggest that you steer clear of them.

I would like most of the things mentioned here. I, too, go by the rule of not eating anything brought in unless I know the family well! If you saw and smelled what we see daily you'd understand!

I think the dipping mixes and small olive oil are a great idea. Depending on how much you paid for the oil, if you wanted to add something else, then maybe a gift card to a bakery for the bread, too. I like the idea of the snowman plate with candy or a gift card, too.

One suggestion....after teaching for a few years, you have all the "teacher stuff" you could ever want! I would shy away from that and mugs. Really, though, as a teacher I appreciate the thought of any gift I receive whether I actually eat/use it. Times have changed & most of the families give nothing at all. Even a note is appreciated! -- Ok done with my rant ;-)

ChefBeckyD said:
What if you got a set of the Snowman Plates, and gave each a sauce, and a plate with candy on it, and explained how they could use the sauce on the plate w/ cream cheese as an easy Holiday appetizer?

I really like this idea! Fun and festive!

KBPC09 said:
I would like most of the things mentioned here. I, too, go by the rule of not eating anything brought in unless I know the family well! If you saw and smelled what we see daily you'd understand!

I think the dipping mixes and small olive oil are a great idea. Depending on how much you paid for the oil, if you wanted to add something else, then maybe a gift card to a bakery for the bread, too. I like the idea of the snowman plate with candy or a gift card, too.

One suggestion....after teaching for a few years, you have all the "teacher stuff" you could ever want! I would shy away from that and mugs. Really, though, as a teacher I appreciate the thought of any gift I receive whether I actually eat/use it. Times have changed & most of the families give nothing at all. Even a note is appreciated! -- Ok done with my rant ;-)

In this day and age it's amazing how much a handwritten note of appreciation can mean. We are blessed to be part of a church where the pastor routinely sends out little postcards letting us know how much he appreciates the things we do. As a matter of fact we just got a very sweet note from the children's pastor yesterday. He's the associate pastor we work most closely with. Whatever you choose to give I encourage you to include a note.

I think the prep bowl with candy are a great idea. You could then use the prep bowl to bring in sides to your lunch or store paper clips and rubber bands in later. I had a student last year whose Aunt was a PC Consultant and she used to bring parts of her lunch in a prep bowl each day.

I am still thinking about this idea for my kids teachers,
I love the idea of the small micro cooker with soup mix.
Also like the idea of a sauce with bamboo spoons.
and the Soups Stews and Chili Cookbook.
Anyone have any other ideas or combos? I can't decide!

PChef Whisk with holiday red and green Hershey kisses inserted inside...a bow and a card that reads "We Whisk You A Merry Christmas!" OR "Whisking you a Happy New Year" (You just need to gently move open the wires and the kiss will slip right in!) ...idea compliments :chef:Cora, Nat'l Sales Mgr at PChef.

For my son's teachers and after care teachers and tutor since there are 7 of them I ordered the snowman plates. I'll make cookies or a mini bread with kisses and a hand written note from my son. This way I can bake and he can put it together for them. He is 8 and loves that were using PC stuff for "his" gifts this year.

For our neighbors I'm doing the small whisk with candy inside (I picked up I think it's reese's that are bell shaped) but for their teacher I bought the Simple Additions Dots Bowl Trio. I'm going to fill it with candy probably but I thought it would be fun because the teacher could use it on her desk for paper clips, etc. Their teacher is young and has her classroom all decorated fun so I think she'll like the dots.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Unique and Thoughtful Teacher Gift Ideas for the Holidays?

1. What are some unique and thoughtful gift ideas for teachers during the holidays?

2. What types of gifts have you given to teachers in the past?

3. How do you choose a gift for a teacher who you don't know well?

4. What are some gift ideas for a dance teacher who spends a lot of time at the studio?

5. Do you have any recommendations for gifts that would be useful in a teacher's kitchen?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Cooking_Mama