• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Visit: My Hubby Is in Texas for 3 Weeks - Limited Online Time!

In summary, He showed up today unannounced for a 3 week visit. The kids were super excited to see him, but my 3 year old is having a rough time with all of it. She didn't want to go to bed for fear that he would disappear while she was sleeping. She got up this morning crying because he wasn't in the living room (but calmed down when I said he was in Mommy's bed). She hasn't handled his shower well & is upset that he's leaving for lunch. We've reassured her that he's not going back to Japan today, he's just going to have lunch with her Grumps & will be back.
Sheila
Gold Member
He showed up today unannounced for a 3 week visit. You guys probably won't see me on line as often for the next 3 weeks. ;)

GOOD! You better not be. :)

That is awesome, enjoy your time together!!

That is terrific! You deserve time together. Enjoy!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! have fun girl!!!!

What a wonderful surprise!

Wow! Have fun!

Just make sure to rest a smidge!!!!

Enjoy! And give him a great big hug from all of us in thanks for his service.

chefa said:
Enjoy! And give him a great big hug from all of us in thanks for his service.

my sentiments, exactly! thanks to both of you!

WAHOO! Enjoy your time and "see" you in three weeks!

Ditto all of the above!

What a wonderful surprise!

That is an awesome surprise!!! Enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you and your family! Enjoy!!!

Thanks everyone. I'll still have spurts of time that I can check in. He's not on our time zone yet so he was up part of the night, slept in this morning, just got a shower & is headed out the door to have lunch with his Dad (who has to leave town this afternoon for work).

The kids were super excited to see him, but my 3 year old is having a rough time with all of it. She didn't want to go to bed for fear that he would disappear while she was sleeping. She got up this morning crying because he wasn't in the living room (but calmed down when I said he was in Mommy's bed). She hasn't handled his shower well & is upset that he's leaving for lunch. We've reassured her that he's not going back to Japan today, he's just going to have lunch with her Grumps & will be back. She's just having some severe anxiety about being separated from him right now. :(

Sheila said:
Thanks everyone. I'll still have spurts of time that I can check in. He's not on our time zone yet so he was up part of the night, slept in this morning, just got a shower & is headed out the door to have lunch with his Dad (who has to leave town this afternoon for work).

The kids were super excited to see him, but my 3 year old is having a rough time with all of it. She didn't want to go to bed for fear that he would disappear while she was sleeping. She got up this morning crying because he wasn't in the living room (but calmed down when I said he was in Mommy's bed). She hasn't handled his shower well & is upset that he's leaving for lunch. We've reassured her that he's not going back to Japan today, he's just going to have lunch with her Grumps & will be back. She's just having some severe anxiety about being separated from him right now. :(
:( I remember my cousin talking about her husband coming back from serving in Iraq. Her young daughter had the same kind of issues because she kept thinking he was leaving again and not coming back. Even taking a shower like your daughter had issues with. Just love her and assure her that he will spend as much time with her as he can right now!!

Yay! I'm so glad he's back (even for a short time) - I hope your little ones can adjust quickly and just enjoy having daddy time. ((hugs))

Fantastic!!!! (((((((hugs))))))) to your little girl.

1. How can I keep my kitchen organized during my husband's absence?

One way to keep your kitchen organized during your husband's absence is to plan and prepare meals ahead of time. This will save you time and keep your kitchen clutter-free. You can also use storage containers to keep ingredients and leftovers organized.

2. How can I still enjoy cooking for myself while my husband is away?

Use this time to experiment with new recipes and ingredients that your husband may not typically enjoy. You can also invite friends over for a dinner party or potluck to make cooking more enjoyable.

3. How can I stay connected with my husband while he is in Texas?

Make use of technology to stay connected with your husband, such as video calls, texting, and social media. You can also send care packages with homemade treats or handwritten letters to show your love and support.

4. How can I make mealtime easier and more enjoyable during this time?

Consider using a meal delivery service or pre-made meal kits to make cooking easier and less time-consuming. You can also try out new recipes and involve your children in the cooking process to make mealtime more fun and engaging.

5. How can I stay organized and on top of household tasks while my husband is away?

Create a schedule or to-do list to stay organized and on top of household tasks. Prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities to other family members or friends if possible. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
wadesgirl