• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!

a pretty eventful week. You started the week off with a great job news, and ended it with the death of a close family member.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
What a week I had. DH and I went away Sunday/Monday last week and during our get away we decided that I should quit my day job effective March 30 (have been waffling on March/April/May due to finances... long story).

On Tuesday, he went to work and was called into the VP's office with his supervisor and was complimented on what a good job he has been doing (started with that company 8/06) and received a BONUS which exceeds 2 months of my day job paycheck! (Talk about a sign!)

On Wednesday a home office lead, who never returned my calls or emails, called me and excitedly booked a show and said she wants to be a consultant! If she signs she will be #3 in 2007!!

I gave my notice on Friday which was very stressful. My boss is ...difficult and I dreaded telling him but it went better than I expected (again long story).

WHEW!!

On a sadder note, my grandmother (VERY close relationship with her) died yesterday, another dear relative has stage 4 cancer and my MIL is not doing well. My grandmother's funeral won't be until about March 31 and we are visiting the in laws in early April and I may need to stay there for a while to help. My day job would have interferred big time with going to WI and TX for these things.

And, ending on a happier note, we will have 3 new babies in the family in WI and IA in 2007 (one - my new grandbaby) and I will be now free to visit them!! Of course I will also be able to spend more time on building my PC business!

God works in mysterious ways. He has blessed me in ways I could never have imagined and has always guided me when I have been unsure.

Sorry about your loss Beth. But I'm glad everything else is working in your favor! God does work in mysterious ways, and I think we're all blessed to have this job, so that when our families need us we can be there for them.

Lacy I couldn't have said it any better!! Beth I am sorry for your loss! Hope you have a beautiful day!

Sorry to here about your granny. It's good to see that you gave focusing on the positive though with a new grandbaby. Hope you stay positive and have a good weekend:)

Beth~

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope all goes well with traveling and such with the funeral. Isn't God amazing how he leads us to make decisions and when we allow him to direct us, how much he BLESSES US?!?!?!? He will get you through this tough emotional time, remember to lean on him!

(((((((((Hugs to you and your family)))))))))))))))

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and prayers!

Wow, you weren't kidding about the roller coaster. I'm not sure whether to express my condolences or congratulate you. However you are very right the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

What a roller coaster ride Beth!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing and the sickness your family has. Great about DH's job and the new babies coming this year. Hopefully everything will work out for the best and now at least your full time job will soon be a memory for you to be able to conquer the rest of what life has to offer you, time for family and PC.

Sorry to hear about your loss Beth. Glad to hear about all of the positive you have going on. Surprise bonuses are awesome and this seems to come at just the right time. God does know what He is doing!! Thank goodness b/c we would be in a mess if we were in control!

I am hopping to get to quit my job soon or at least cut back another day. I will probaly go to 3 days and then maybe eventually quit. Taht is if my boss agrees. But if I do it will not be until the end of the year.

God bless you Beth!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep you in prayer as you grieve and as you travel.Congratulations, though, on the wonderful blessings that have come your way!

Thanks everyone.

Update: My relative (she's my dad's cousin but more like an aunt to me than a second cousin...) with the cancer was admitted to the hospital today with internal bleeding. This is what led to them finding the cancer in the first place. Please pray for her.

Beth,

I am so sorry about your loss and your "aunt"'s illness.

Thank your for sharing your blessings and reminding us about how faithful God is. It's always good to remember it!

Beth,

Your family is in my prayers. I will be praying for your cousin.

You've had such a crazy week! Congrats on your dh's job and you quitting yours!!!

I echo all the love and sharing already posted Beth. Praise God for His love and care for you. May He sustain you as you minister to all the others around you!

Wow Beth you are right, that is a rollercoaster that you are on! My thoughts and prayers are with you......Both in Deepest Sympathy and in the Happiest of Congratulations!

1. What is "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!"?

"Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!" is a themed recipe collection from Pampered Chef that features quick and easy meals for those busy and hectic weeks.

2. How many recipes are included in "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!"?

There are 20 recipes included in "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!", providing a variety of options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find in a regular grocery store?

Yes, all of the ingredients for the "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!" recipes can be found in a regular grocery store, making meal planning and preparation more convenient.

4. Are there any special tools or equipment needed for these recipes?

No, all of the recipes in "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!" can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment that most households have, such as a skillet, mixing bowls, and baking pans.

5. Can these recipes be adapted for dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Whew! Talk About Rollercoaster Weeks!" can be easily adapted for dietary restrictions or preferences, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free. Some recipes may require simple ingredient substitutions or omissions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies