• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Item in Shipment? Tips for Dealing with Order Mix-Ups

something they don't order?If the item cost less than $10-15 they have always said to keep it as a gift for the host for her troubles.
straitfan
Gold Member
Okay--another Newbie problem here. I had my most recent shipment sent to me rather than the hostess b/c I had tacked some last minute Christmas orders for some other customers onto her show. I went ahead and bagged everything up for the hostess and had an extra item when I was finished. I double checked and it wasn't on the order I submitted, and it's not on the invoice either. What do I do now?

You can go online to Consultant's Corner and fill out an adjustment that there was an extra product in the shipment. They will probably ask for it back (depending on what it is - I was told to keep the 3 extra Quickuts I was shipped a couple of years ago).

What was the item? If it was a bag with coffee and seasonings, that's the hostess gift for being one of your first shows. If it was something else, double check all of the orders again and then contact HO.

Do they still send the coffee?? I thought they stopped doing that....

gilliandanielle said:
Do they still send the coffee?? I thought they stopped doing that....

No, they stopped doing the samples sometime last year. I've had this happen a lot and this is what I discovered: When you do the adjustment on CC it will ask you if the host wants to purchase the item. I always say "no". If the item cost less than $10-15 they have always said to keep it as a gift for the host for her troubles. If it cost more than that they usually want it back (however, I had a host who received extra meat lifters and they let her keep those). I talked to my Exec. Director about it and she said just to use my judgement in the future. If it's an item that cost less than $10 I just tell my host to keep it.

I have never had them ask if my host wants to purchase the item.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
I have never had them ask if my host wants to purchase the item.
Teresa
Nor have I. They usually send a call ticket to have it picked up and sent back to PC but very occasionally they will say the host can keep it.

Thanks for your advice! It sounds like this happens somewhat often! It was pair of chef's tongs. I just finished writing up the adjustment ticket on CC. We'll see what they say! Thanks again for your input!
Gotta Go and get ready for Santa Claus!

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. When you do the adjustment in CC you get this:

Product arrived that was not originally ordered (specify below)
Interested in purchasing product(s).
Interested in returning product(s).

I always select the second one Interested in returning product.

Evertime I have done this on items costing less than $10-15 I've received an auto reply for the host to keep the item as a gift for her troubles. This is my experience. I brought this up at a Monthly cluster Meeting and my Ececutive Director and several Directors said not to bother with the small inexpensive items, just let the Host keep them. So, that's what I've done. Afterall, paying someone to do the paperwork and postage for a $5.00 item far exceeds the cost of the item.

I didn't start PC until August (this year) and all of my first 6 hosts got those coffee and seasoning samples with a note thanking them for being one of my first 6 hosts.

???

Hmm, I thought they stopped that awhile back?

I believe it stopped with the new product launch in September. That is also when we started to be able to get the seasonings full size on the paperwork supply order form and they took the sample packages off.

Here is something wierd my last show that was sent has received double everything. They sent the show on the 16th & then resent it on the 20th. I have never had this happen at all. Anyone else out their, that this happened to. My DH seems to think they had a computer glich.

Sept. was my first month and everyone got the samples. On my grandmother's show she got a cheese knive and two sets of the small napkins in place of her two silicon basting brushes and something else. They told her to keep the extras and they sent what was missing. So what happens if your host gets extra items and just doesn't tell you?? Is it really worth the trouble of returning it if they do b/c I'm sure there are a lot of hosts that just don't say anything...

pamperedalf said:
Here is something wierd my last show that was sent has received double everything. They sent the show on the 16th & then resent it on the 20th. I have never had this happen at all. Anyone else out their, that this happened to. My DH seems to think they had a computer glich.

That just happened to me. I had a Consultant as Host show that I submitted on the 13th. I got the box Wednesday. The vanilla was backordered, but shipped this week. Friday I got home from work and there was another large box, containing everything AND the vanilla. Weird.

I'm going to submit an adjustment online about it. It's over $100 of stuff.

mbh06 said:
So what happens if your host gets extra items and just doesn't tell you?? Is it really worth the trouble of returning it if they do b/c I'm sure there are a lot of hosts that just don't say anything...

That has me wondering how many times there has been extras and nobody has said anything?????

I'm sure it happens more than we think.The first time I called HO with an extra item, the rep was shocked that I was actually calling about how to return it. So either hosts don't report them to us, or most consultants don't report them to HO.

Aug was the last official month for the samples. If anyone got them in Sept. they were lucky and got what they were trying to get rid of I guess!

I wish they'd put those back on the supply order as door prizes.

I just had a hostess who didn't get her 2 citrus presses but did receive 2 extra sets of the BBQ skewers. I called HO and they sent out the missing citruses presses right away. The rep said my hostess will receive a prepaid label to return the skewers. A week later, the citrus presses arrived but no prepaid label (should have come in the regular mail.) I called HO again and this time, the rep (a different one) told me, "It's almost Christmas...just tell her to keep the skewers." That's a nice $31 free gift!

This is maybe the 3rd time in 2 years that I've had HO tell me to tell the hostess to keep her extra items.

i've never had extra items in my shippments...I guess i'm just lucky

Dawn said:
i've never had extra items in my shippments...I guess i'm just lucky

Or un-lucky, depends how you look at it:p

What is an "Extra Item in Shipment"?

An "Extra Item in Shipment" is an additional product that is included in your order for free as a special bonus or promotion from Pampered Chef.

How do I know if I will receive an "Extra Item in Shipment" with my order?

The inclusion of an "Extra Item in Shipment" is typically advertised on our website or in our current catalog. You can also check the details of your order confirmation to see if an extra item is listed.

Can I choose my "Extra Item in Shipment"?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate specific requests for "Extra Items in Shipment" as they are randomly selected and included in orders at our discretion.

What do I do if I receive an incorrect or damaged "Extra Item in Shipment"?

If you receive an incorrect or damaged "Extra Item in Shipment", please contact our customer service team at 1-800-XXX-XXXX and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Can I return an "Extra Item in Shipment" for a refund?

As "Extra Items in Shipment" are free bonus items, they cannot be returned for a refund. However, if the item is damaged or incorrect, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dancedivine
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefJami83