• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Change: How I Handled an Unresponsive Catalog Host

In summary, the catalog host was very excited to do her show, but due to some unexpected circumstances, she is unable to do it. She thanks the consultant for their help up to this point and asks if they can keep in touch.
ChefClairissa
I had a catalog host who was very excited to get the Feb special. I dropped off her things on Feb 14th and never heard from her again. After many phone calls, emails and even asking my director what to do, I just let it go. I ended up sending her one last e-mail that was very nice and wished her well. I still never heard anything, until today. She finally replied to me and let me know that some unexpected things came up and she is unable to do her show at all. Im fine with that, but I would like to let her know that im not upset and that i understand that things come up. I just really dont know what to say, any ideas. Sorry its so long. TYIA!

Tell her what you just told us :) Being sincere will do the job!

Tell her that you would love to help her out with another show when life settles down for her. Let her know that you would be glad to work with her in the future.

I agree, what you've written works well. I had a gal earlier this year want to do a show... actually this started late last year. I kept in touch with her and she kept putting me off. I kept taking her pulse and she kept wanting to do it... life was a mess... etc.... she eventually had a little catalog show but there were moments I wasn't sure it was going to ever work out. It did though... so sometimes we have to allow that life happens, folks get wrapped up in whatever's going on but if their motivation is there, letting them know you're still there is good practice. That way too, they'll speak good things of you to others.. "oh, my life was a mess and I kept putting this gal off yet she stuck with me, what a great consultant!"...

Just let her know you totally understand and that you're not going anywhere, you'll be selling PC when her life slows down! Ask her if you can keep in touch with her, even just by email & a phone call now and then. Eventually she'll be ready ~ maybe when you need a show the most!!

This business is definately built on relationships-- Isn't LIFE? I think the best way is the sincerest way. People who know your heart is in their best interest and that it is not JUST about them helping you make money will be your friends and customers for life! Protect the relationship and if she is a woman of integrity and substance, she will recognize you for that characteristic as well. Don't try to schmooze her. Be honest and show your stuff. That is what will win you a life long friend. If she knows you care and she can count on a consistent effort from you, she will come around. I had this happen with a host and she ended up being one of my best shows! Take her pulse and let her know you "love her just because she is Her..." Like Mr. Rogers said...

Related to Unexpected Change: How I Handled an Unresponsive Catalog Host

1. How did you handle an unresponsive catalog host?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have encountered many different situations with my catalog hosts. In the case of an unresponsive catalog host, I first reach out to them via phone, email, or social media to remind them of their responsibilities as a host, such as sharing the catalog with friends and family and collecting orders. If they still do not respond, I move on to my next strategy.

2. What is your next strategy for an unresponsive catalog host?

If my initial attempts to contact the catalog host have been unsuccessful, I reach out to their friends and family who may have shown interest in hosting a party. I explain the situation and offer them the opportunity to host a party and receive the host rewards instead. This not only helps me reach my sales goals, but it also gives the unresponsive host a second chance to earn rewards.

3. How do you handle the unresponsive host's orders?

If the catalog host does not respond and I am unable to find a replacement host, I still honor their orders. I reach out to them one last time to confirm their order and process it as usual. This ensures that the host's friends and family who placed orders still receive their products and the unresponsive host does not miss out on any potential rewards.

4. How do you prevent unresponsive hosts in the future?

To prevent unresponsive hosts, I make sure to have clear communication and expectations from the beginning. I explain the responsibilities of a host and what they can expect in terms of rewards. I also follow up regularly and offer assistance if needed. Additionally, I make sure to have a backup plan in case a host becomes unresponsive.

5. What advice do you have for handling unexpected changes with catalog hosts?

My advice for handling unexpected changes with catalog hosts is to always have a backup plan and to stay positive. Not every party will go as planned, but it's important to adapt and find solutions. Remember to always communicate clearly with your hosts and be understanding of any unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Most importantly, stay positive and focus on finding new opportunities and potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • christina78