• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated With Catalog Host...what to Do?

In summary, a catalog show host was quick to give orders, but failed to follow through with closing the show.
pamperedmomto3
My sister held a show in January. A woman couldn't attend but went out of her way to let me know that she was in sales at one time and would like to help by hosting a catalog show. Fine! Great! I gave her everything she should need and discussed when she would start Feb 1st and close on Feb. 14th. Here I am March 1st with nothing. I've called and emailed at least a dozen times. I either get no response, she's not available or she makes a promise to call at another time. Just this week she told me she had orders that she would contact me by Friday. It's now Saturday and again, I have nothing. Should I just drop it or continue trying to get her to do what she set out to do. My sister is also entitled to get two items at 60% off but can't until I get the orders. AAAGGGHHH!!! What to do:cry: :grumpy:

I had a similar problem with a catalog host. I kept calling, even letting her know that she was welcome to cancel, but I needed to hear that from her. She finally closed with a $400 catalog show. My rule of thumb is to keep calling until I hear from the person directly.

Keep calling and when you feel like you are just "done" with it, leave a message and say something like "I understand you are busy, so I will assume that you are no longer interested in submitting a show. If you want to host at a future time, please feel free to contact me". That way the ball is in her court, you did your best and you let it go.

Well said Jenni.... I do the same thing. It gives them an out as well... and you don't waste your time tying to connect with them...

I received an email from her a little while ago. She said she'd try calling tonight. We'll see...

I haven't been doing this very long, but already I've found that I've had a few hosts I've been frustrated with for this very reason. My new rule is that I call four times...period. I'm always very nice, but if I haven't heard back after call three, I politely leave a message explaining that since I haven't heard otherwise I'm going to assume the show had to be cancelled and that I hope everything with he/she is all right, call me anytime if you need anything, etc. etc. I always try to remember that I never know what's going on in someone's life so never sound frustrated (although I have to really try hard on that one sometimes). Sigh...I'd much rather have a STRONG NO than an INSINCERE MAYBE!

She never called. Imagine that! I think I'm done. I feel bad that my sister won't get her two items at 60% off and the people that did place orders won't get their order.

She called! Barely $130 in guest sales. Oh well. I'll take whatever.

I have 2-3 of these hosts for February! I sent their hostess kits and have not been able to reach them since!

pamperedmomto3 said:
She called! Barely $130 in guest sales. Oh well. I'll take whatever.
Was that before or after your sister's order? If not, then your sister's order will add onto qualify it just not on your commission.

I just had this happen to me. I had a host's friend do a catalog show and she was quick to give me $200 in orders. She wanted to pay with her cc for the entire show. I had the orders in my computer just waiting on her info nothing for a week. I called/emailed nothing then she said she would call over the weekend heard nothing so mon left email about wanting to close in timely manner well I got a return email that she wanted to cancel the show b/c i was being too pushy and when she was ready she would find someone else to fill her orders. now i have a host who will not return calls/emails and I am afraid to leave anymore messages b/c i need shows to keep

Unfortunately that is the hard part of catalog orders. I've learned with catalog shows you can't let them go to long. I usually close my catalog shows within a week and a half. I just got one today (tuesday) I'll send her stuff off tomorrow, she'll receive it thursday and I am closing it saturday the 15th. I found if you let it go to long, it ends up in a bust, but if I make is fairly short, the catalog shows are much better. I do a lot of catalog shows.

Rebeccascabinet said:
Unfortunately that is the hard part of catalog orders. I've learned with catalog shows you can't let them go to long. I usually close my catalog shows within a week and a half. I just got one today (tuesday) I'll send her stuff off tomorrow, she'll receive it thursday and I am closing it saturday the 15th. I found if you let it go to long, it ends up in a bust, but if I make is fairly short, the catalog shows are much better. I do a lot of catalog shows.

This is great advice. Don't let Catalog Shows drag out too long. Book and close them within a week - the host is still pumped from the show (or from talking to you) and will remember to get the orders.

Related to Frustrated With Catalog Host...what to Do?

1. What should I do if my catalog host is not responding to my messages?

If your catalog host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out to them through a different method, such as a phone call or social media. If you still do not receive a response, consider reaching out to their upline or contacting Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

2. My catalog host has not submitted any orders, what should I do?

If your catalog host has not submitted any orders, first try following up with them to remind them to submit their orders. If they still do not submit any orders, consider reaching out to their upline or contacting Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

3. How can I encourage my catalog host to submit their orders on time?

To encourage your catalog host to submit their orders on time, try setting a deadline and reminding them of it regularly. You can also offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, for submitting orders by the deadline.

4. My catalog host is not satisfied with their order, what should I do?

If your catalog host is not satisfied with their order, try to address their concerns and find a solution. This may involve offering to exchange or refund any products they are unhappy with. It is important to provide excellent customer service to maintain a positive relationship with your catalog host.

5. What should I do if my catalog host cancels their party?

If your catalog host cancels their party, try to understand their reasons and be understanding. You can also offer to reschedule the party for a later date. If they do not want to reschedule, you can still offer them the opportunity to place an order through your personal website or by contacting Pampered Chef's customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • wmrmgr