• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Host Orders: Commission and Credit Explanation for SS Month 2

In summary, the consultant does not make commission of the free, half price or hostess special, but they do make it off of anything else the host buys with their discount. The host benefits are a gift to US to help the host be enticed to have a good show. Most direct sale companies make the consultant PAY for those benefits. The company offers them to the host but it comes out of the consultant's pocket.
straitfan
Gold Member
Only finishing up SS month 2 and have a question. Am I correct in understanding that we get nothing off of our hosts' order? I had a host last night who bought for her 2 half price items the knife set and the Exec. cookware set. Her hostess order was over $500! We don't make a commission or anything off of that, correct? (her order was more than the whole show!) Think I'm just barely going to scrape up my 1250 for the month, but seems so sad not to get any credit for the big order!

You don't make commission of the free, half price or hostess special, but you do make it off of anything else they buy with their discount. I know, it's a bummer isn't it? I also have a hostess who got the cookware and her total is over $300. But, then again, PC is giving them huge discounts as it is and that is what makes them want to have shows for us. I guess I can understand that they really can't give us commission on stuff they are selling for half price and giving away free.

The host benefits are a gift to US to help the host be enticed to have a good show. Most direct sale companies make the consultant PAY for those benefits. The company offers them to the host but it comes out of the consultant's pocket.

Use the benefits to your advantage and praise the hosts for earning them! TELL them that they are from PC and that YOU don't pay anything toward them (AND that you don't get commission on them so they don't think that you are pushing them to get the cookware to line your pocket). This also gives us a recruiting opportunity - stress PC's generosity to the host and the consultant.

Thanks for the info. I really do understand the reasons why, and yes, my sister-in-law was thrilled with her bargains! And yes, this is SOOOOOOO much better than ME having to pay her to host the show.
Signing off with a better attitude!

My very first show was like this. Too bad I didn't know that I didn't make commission of it then, and spent it before I found out I didn't get it!

I think it gives the cookware sales a lot of credibility with my hostesses. I tell them up front that I don't make any commission off of the half-price items but am recommending the cookware because I really believe in it and know they'll love it.

I love that when we have incentives like the cookware sales last February and stoneware this month that they count the half-price, free and hostess special items towards the incentive.

Of course it still would be nice to get that commission ;)!

Michele

I agree about the credibility!! Also, when they use cookware as their half price sometimes I can cross sell the nylon tools and make commission off of those if they already used their free stuff! Not much, but something!

What is the Commission on Host Order?

The Commission on Host Order is a fee charged by the host of a transaction to the buyer or seller. It is a percentage of the total transaction amount and is meant to cover the costs of hosting the transaction and providing a secure platform for the transaction to take place.

Who pays the Commission on Host Order?

The Commission on Host Order can be paid by either the buyer or the seller, depending on the terms agreed upon by both parties. Some platforms may have a set rule on who pays the commission, while others may allow for negotiation between the buyer and seller.

How is the Commission on Host Order calculated?

The Commission on Host Order is typically calculated as a percentage of the total transaction amount. The percentage may vary depending on the platform or the agreement between the buyer and seller. Some platforms may also have a minimum or maximum commission amount.

What is the purpose of the Commission on Host Order?

The Commission on Host Order is meant to cover the costs of hosting a transaction and providing a secure platform for the transaction to take place. It may also help to generate revenue for the platform or website hosting the transaction.

Are there any alternatives to the Commission on Host Order?

Some platforms may offer alternative payment options, such as a flat fee instead of a percentage-based commission. However, the Commission on Host Order is a common and widely accepted practice for online transactions, and it helps to ensure the safety and security of the transaction for both parties involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hperschnick
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jrb0328
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies