• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unbelievable PC Violation: Shocking Blog Exposes Plagiarized Content

I actually recently emailed home office and asked that they put this exact thing in the weekly email newsletter and in CN. It would only take them a minute to put in something that says "Due to continuing confussion and unintentional violations we would like to make the policy clear...." and go from there. Don't use all the legal wording (although I find it very clear) that is in P&P manual - just flat out say - don't put your name in association with PC as your employer in any way shape or form on any website or blog....this includes facebook and myspace. Also no linking to your personal website. Wouldn't that be easier than tracking down and attacking unknowing consultants?
noelskitchen
I was online and looking at PC stuff and I came across this person's blog.

Has links to her PC website, the pics look like they've been taken off PC.

Last edited:
Just Amazing!

Wow! She's new, do you think she doesn't realize?

My guess is that she doesnt realize.

has anyone reported her?

pcsharon1 said:
Wow! She's new, do you think she doesn't realize?

That would be my guess. Some people don't read the entire rules and regs..........I think a warning is more suitable than reporting her

I actually recently emailed home office and asked that they put this exact thing in the weekly email newsletter and in CN. It would only take them a minute to put in something that says "Due to continuing confussion and unintentional violations we would like to make the policy clear...." and go from there. Don't use all the legal wording (although I find it very clear) that is in P&P manual - just flat out say - don't put your name in association with PC as your employer in any way shape or form on any website or blog....this includes facebook and myspace. Also no linking to your personal website.

Wouldn't that be easier than tracking down and attacking unknowing consultants?

pcsharon1 said:
I actually recently emailed home office and asked that they put this exact thing in the weekly email newsletter and in CN. It would only take them a minute to put in something that says "Due to continuing confussion and unintentional violations we would like to make the policy clear...." and go from there. Don't use all the legal wording (although I find it very clear) that is in P&P manual - just flat out say - don't put your name in association with PC as your employer in any way shape or form on any website or blog....this includes in a blog, facebook and myspace. Also no linking to your personal website.

I added in a blog to your statement. I tell my new consultants about this rule but I am sure a lot of directors don't and a lot of consultants don't hear it if they do (we can't remember everything we hear - I forget the percentage we retain). I also tell them to read the agreement - the FIRST thing on it is the internet rule.

...hopefully they'll get into the 21st century soon. I can understand not allowing us to represent ourselves on the web as The Pampered Chef but I would think it should be okay on a blog, Facebook, MySpace...

I couldn't find a way to contact her but did you see the "live feed" thing? It says "Hanover Park, Illinois arrived from chefsuccess.com on "Lots About Sean...and being his Mom!", Glasgow, Kentucky arrived from chefsuccess.com on "Lots About Sean...and being his Mom!", etc. That is a little disconcerting...

pcsharon1 said:
I actually recently emailed home office and asked that they put this exact thing in the weekly email newsletter and in CN. It would only take them a minute to put in something that says "Due to continuing confussion and unintentional violations we would like to make the policy clear...." and go from there. Don't use all the legal wording (although I find it very clear) that is in P&P manual - just flat out say - don't put your name in association with PC as your employer in any way shape or form on any website or blog....this includes facebook and myspace. Also no linking to your personal website.

I wish they would do that... SPELL it out in plain English what we can and cannot do. I had an internet violation about 6 months ago because I put an ad on craigslist to book a party with me... Put my title correctly according to the P&P, didn't have a website at the time so didn't put that one there, and they still gave me an internet violation.

You think that is bad. Look at this one!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15979497369

I did send the link to Career Solutions. I couldn't find any other way to contact her. If you read the 7 comments under the posting, people responded well to her post.

If you scroll down a bit and read through the different posts (the one that has the link to her website also has her email address.

What is really sad there are a few directors in this group! One of which is mine! How sad!

Jennie4PC said:
My guess is that she doesnt realize.

Does anyone just try to contact the consultant and point out the policies and procedures? :confused: No doubt it's a violation but like you said... they just don't realize it sometimes! I know some people are just in your face and defensive (even when they know it's wrong) but some are just unaware. If it was me, I would prefer for someone to let me know because I don't want to do something to jeopardize my biz... :)

as a matter of fact, a friend found me on facebook and asked me if I sold PC. I contacted her through my email and said "you know i sell PC" and explained to her about the policies and procedures...

she told me that she wasn't sure it was me and so she asked me the first thing that came to her mind to connect me to the person she found on FB. I deleted her question on FB too! :D

pcchefjane said:
I couldn't find a way to contact her but did you see the "live feed" thing? It says "Hanover Park, Illinois arrived from chefsuccess.com on "Lots About Sean...and being his Mom!", Glasgow, Kentucky arrived from chefsuccess.com on "Lots About Sean...and being his Mom!", etc. That is a little disconcerting...

Yes it is...oops! lol

Lots of blogs have a live feed. It's just a way to show that they have readers all over, and where they're coming from. If it makes you nervous, then copy the link and paste it into a new browser window so it doesn't show you as clicking through from here.

I did send her an email with the policy and procedures on it. I am just praying I dont get a backlash.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm so tech-challanged. I won't screw up on-line.

Well, only with you guys. LOL

While the guidelines can be a little confusing I just wish people would READ! I read everything I possibly could when I became a consultant so that I could do the best that I could in the biz and understand what was expected etc.

pampermejolene said:
While the guidelines can be a little confusing I just wish people would READ! I read everything I possibly could when I became a consultant so that I could do the best that I could in the biz and understand what was expected etc.
Hear, Hear! I totally agree.

I sent her an email and she said thank you for emailing her, I am sure there were a few of you who did also. She did remove her posts about PC

Something to keep in mind... newbie consultants may not be shown where to look. It actually aggravates me to no end that PC does not SEND us the P&P's we have to know to look and where to look on the site to get the information. New consultants are SO innundated with information, that it's not a surprise that things get missed.

I guessed not to post things on my personal site because other ds companies I've been involved with don't allow it so it stood to reason in my mind that it's something I shouldn't do.

When I got my kit I read as much as possible, but w/ a newly crawling little one who doesn't like to nap there truly was only so much I could do and still be able to prepare enough to work on qualifying in my first 30 days. I don't know how new this consultant is... or what her life is like. But should the first thing we do be to report these sites, either to each other or the company? Wouldn't it be kinder, and more supportive to send an e-mail letting them know they are doing something they shouldn't and THEN if it's not taken care of go ahead and let HO know.

Okay...I just wanted to come on here and apologize! I did not know!!! I would never do this intentionally. I really appreciate all of you who were nice and emailed me to let me know. And as some of you pointed out it is in the rules and I should have read more into them...but I am NOT perfect. The information you get when you first sign up is very overwhelming and I not only do PC but have a full time job and a one year old...although I am sure you all saw his blog by now. Yes of course I wanted to find out everything I could about the biz to be successful but I obviously missed this! Again...I am sorry...as Kelly pointed out, there really was only so much I could read through and figure out b/t job/child/qualifing/ext. I do think that in the future if any of you see something like this again...just contact the person first and let them know...instead of going on here and posting about it. It definetly is a lot more supportive and alot nicer to get one kind email from someone telling you the rules instead of finding out there is a board discussing what you did wrong when you were unaware. I like getting feedback so that I can better myself/my biz., but there are better ways then posting a thread and putting a link to my sons blog to point out my mistake. Once again thank you all for leting me know this. I honetly did not know and would never have posted a link had I known. I have since taken down the link and called my director so I could discuss this situation and hope that she will inform others in our group so they don't make the same mistake as me since we just got alot of new recuits.
I will definetly make sure to go over things more and read more carefully so I don't make another mistake because this was quite embarrasing!
Sorry again and thanks to all who emailed me and were so nice!
-Ashley

Hi Ashley, welcome to the board :D

I'm glad you got it all straightened out! Good luck with your biz :)

Ashley,
It is hard when you let your director know what you are doing and they say it is fine. Some people are really leary about informing the consultant that they are in the wrong because some consultants have been really rude to them hen they let them kno really nicely that they are not supposed to advertise on the web.
Also welcome to this site. There are a lot of really nice people on here.

Welcome Ashley!

I agree, there are some very helpful nice people on here!

I was wondering how long it would be before you came over here, Ashley. Welcome! CS is fabulous!

Welcome Ashley!All the info in the beginning IS overwhelming, isn't it! Thanks for correcting your stuff.The policies are online behind Consultant's Corner if you haven't found them yet. They used to send a hard copy with the kit--I really wish they hadn't stopped doing that!I also wish PC would revisit their guidelines since so many of us are involved in online networking these days through our blogs, websites, Facebook, etc. Maybe we'll see some changes soon! Make sure you email your suggestions to PC on this!

It's not that we were "talking about you" but discussing the best way to go about it. There was another lady who blantantly posted recipes on her recipe site, put down PC for their policies, and any of us who tried to tell her she was wrong got blasted on her board. She had a bunch of people very negative about PC over it and called us some very ugly names. I went on your blog and I guess I am not blog savvy enough to figure out how to find out the "contact me" place on there. As you can see, we elected to contact you and not report it to PC because it seemed very innocent. Good luck with your biz! Maybe those that post to your blog can become your "contact list" for now so they can help out!

Ashley, Welcome to the board! Good for you for taking action. I am glad you took the email from whomever contacted you as a helpful note. There are many who have attempted to do that with others in your situation and it did not have the same result. Some of us have been seriously insulted and treated badly by those we have tried to "help". Sory if we get a bit defensive.

Again welcome!

Jennie4PC said:
I sent her an email and she said thank you for emailing her, I am sure there were a few of you who did also. She did remove her posts about PC

That was so nice of you---I wish people would consider what you did instead of being hasty and reporting people. It is so unnerving that instead of HELPING a fellow consultant, many people on this site turn in the violators.

I am so glad to read what you wrote and did, because that was kind.:thumbup:

Thank you I really appreciate that.

ahunt415 said:
Okay...I just wanted to come on here and apologize! I did not know!!! I would never do this intentionally. I really appreciate all of you who were nice and emailed me to let me know. And as some of you pointed out it is in the rules and I should have read more into them...but I am NOT perfect. The information you get when you first sign up is very overwhelming and I not only do PC but have a full time job and a one year old...although I am sure you all saw his blog by now. Yes of course I wanted to find out everything I could about the biz to be successful but I obviously missed this! Again...I am sorry...as Kelly pointed out, there really was only so much I could read through and figure out b/t job/child/qualifing/ext. I do think that in the future if any of you see something like this again...just contact the person first and let them know...instead of going on here and posting about it. It definetly is a lot more supportive and alot nicer to get one kind email from someone telling you the rules instead of finding out there is a board discussing what you did wrong when you were unaware. I like getting feedback so that I can better myself/my biz., but there are better ways then posting a thread and putting a link to my sons blog to point out my mistake. Once again thank you all for leting me know this. I honetly did not know and would never have posted a link had I known. I have since taken down the link and called my director so I could discuss this situation and hope that she will inform others in our group so they don't make the same mistake as me since we just got alot of new recuits.
I will definetly make sure to go over things more and read more carefully so I don't make another mistake because this was quite embarrasing!
Sorry again and thanks to all who emailed me and were so nice!
-Ashley

Ashley,

My post was never meant to embarass you in any way. I apologize if it did. HO should really let new consultant know what the policies and procedures are right away and clearly explain them. Because as you said, it is very overwhelming when you first start. Good luck in your business and welcome to CS. There are a lot of good people hear and much helpful resources to help you in your business.

Ashley - welcome and I wish you much success!

Now tell me this - there is a DIRECTOR in my cluster with links on her facebook as well as periodic status updates that just "happen" to mention the company - and today a "thank you to Pampered Chef for pampering her so well in Mexico". I have reported this twice to HO within the past month. I dont dare bring this up with her personally. I could go to HER Director, but they may take it wrong, that I'm tattling.....

I know that this girl knows that this is a violation - which is one reason she has NOT invited me to be her friend on f/b.

Thanks for all your welcomes!

Cindycooks said:

Now tell me this - there is a DIRECTOR in my cluster with links on her facebook as well as periodic status updates that just "happen" to mention the company - and today a "thank you to Pampered Chef for pampering her so well in Mexico". I have reported this twice to HO within the past month. I dont dare bring this up with her personally. I could go to HER Director, but they may take it wrong, that I'm tattling.....

I know that this girl knows that this is a violation - which is one reason she has NOT invited me to be her friend on f/b.

Cindy, you really should speak to her if you have a problem with her or her actions. Otherwise it is just tattling.

Chef Kearns said:
Cindy, you really should speak to her if you have a problem with her or her actions. Otherwise it is just tattling.

I agree, and I would approach it out of concern for HER, that she doesn't get reported or something happen w/ her status. After you address it, whatever happens afterward is out of your control.

Cindycooks said:

All she needs to do is adjust her settings on Facebook to reflect "Friends only" so no one EXCEPT her friends can see her page. This keeps her page private and, therefore, in compliance. Perhaps you could suggest that?

It is not in compliance even if it is private. HO has ruled that unacceptable because it is still posted on the internet.

pcchefjane said:
It is not in compliance even if it is private. HO has ruled that unacceptable because it is still posted on the internet.

Right. Even though it's private, it's still somewhere on the internet and they don't approve of that. That's another reason why we can't even mention it on our "private" blogs.

pcchefjane said:

I don't agree with that. I feel that if it is private, and therefore not viewable to anyone but her friends, then it is fine.

I certainly hope all of us would be spending our time on our businesses and not on policing and reporting one another.

the reasons others are pointing tis out is because people have gotten reported and in troubble even if they are set to private. Sometimes we really do n ot know all the people we call "friends" on the networking sites as well as we think we do. ASk Lacey... she will tell you all about it.

Right or wrong / agree or dissagree it is the policy

etteluap70PC said:
Right or wrong / agree or dissagree it is the policy

I agree with this statement. It doesn't matter if we agree or not, we are not the ones that made the policy, we are just suppose to follow them. I do believe right in the policy it mentions either Facebook or Myspace specifically.

candiejayne said:
I agree with this statement. It doesn't matter if we agree or not, we are not the ones that made the policy, we are just suppose to follow them. I do believe right in the policy it mentions either Facebook or Myspace specifically.

Well, let me clarify on one thing, I meant I don't agree with that interpretation of the policy. The way I stated that wasn't clear. Sorry about that! I believe in these electronic ages, we have to apply some common sense and be clear on the spirit of the policy. There are so many ins and outs these days that it would probably be impossible for them to include every nuance.

And actually, the policy doesn't mention Facebook or MySpace. You may be thinking of the PC NewsWires that mentioned them in relation to the videos.

alot of consultants just dont realize. i honestly do not see the harm in posting your business in your blog. were aloud to call people and get business that way... its communication just as posting online is communication.....

also if were not aloud to have anything onine concerning pc.... how come people who decide to take time off from pc sell their left over supplies on CS??? isnt that a violation as well????????????

PamperedChefDebi said:
I don't agree with that. I feel that if it is private, and therefore not viewable to anyone but her friends, then it is fine.

I certainly hope all of us would be spending our time on our businesses and not on policing and reporting one another.

I completely agree w/ this bottom statment. I think it's getting a little ridiculous all the "violations" that are being posted on here.

And yes, I agree that the policy is the policy, not even saying anything about that, but it seems an awful lot of us are going out of our way to find violations and report them here.

armywife_consultant said:
alot of consultants just dont realize. i honestly do not see the harm in posting your business in your blog. were aloud to call people and get business that way... its communication just as posting online is communication.....

also if were not aloud to have anything onine concerning pc.... how come people who decide to take time off from pc sell their left over supplies on CS??? isnt that a violation as well????????????

The way I have come to understand the no online advertising policy is that PC want's to keep the business even for everyone. Everyone who joins has the same potential as anyone else. Some are fortunate enough to have computers and access to the internet. There are still many today who do not have these opportunities. Everyone (or almost everyone) has a phone and that is where the personal part of our business comes into play. Also most of us that have been in the biz a while will tell you that getting on the phone or talking to people oin person is truly the #1 way to grow your biz anyway.

chefsteph07 said:
I completely agree w/ this bottom statment. I think it's getting a little ridiculous all the "violations" that are being posted on here.

And yes, I agree that the policy is the policy, not even saying anything about that, but it seems an awful lot of us are going out of our way to find violations and report them here.

that is how i feel exactly... home office didnt hire consultants to tattle on other consultants. it is their job to find violations and take care of them... leave it alone doesnt anyone have anything better to do like maybe look for business possible shows or future consultants?

<h2>1. What is the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog and what does it expose?</h2><p>The "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is a website that exposes instances of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community. It showcases examples of PC consultants using content and images from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission.</p><h2>2. Is the blog run by Pampered Chef or an official source?</h2><p>No, the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is not affiliated with or run by Pampered Chef. It is an independent website created by a concerned individual within the Pampered Chef community.</p><h2>3. What kind of content is considered plagiarized on the blog?</h2><p>The blog mainly focuses on cases where consultants have used images and written content from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission. This includes product descriptions, recipes, and images from the website and catalogs.</p><h2>4. How can I make sure my PC content is not plagiarized?</h2><p>To avoid any potential issues with plagiarism, it is important to always give credit to the original source of any content or images used. If you are using content or images from the official Pampered Chef website, make sure to properly cite and link back to the source.</p><h2>5. What can I do if I come across a case of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>If you come across a case of plagiarism, you can report it to Pampered Chef's compliance team or reach out to the blog owner to share the information. It is important to address these issues in a respectful and professional manner to maintain the integrity of the Pampered Chef brand.</p>

1. What is the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog and what does it expose?

The "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is a website that exposes instances of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community. It showcases examples of PC consultants using content and images from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission.

2. Is the blog run by Pampered Chef or an official source?

No, the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is not affiliated with or run by Pampered Chef. It is an independent website created by a concerned individual within the Pampered Chef community.

3. What kind of content is considered plagiarized on the blog?

The blog mainly focuses on cases where consultants have used images and written content from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission. This includes product descriptions, recipes, and images from the website and catalogs.

4. How can I make sure my PC content is not plagiarized?

To avoid any potential issues with plagiarism, it is important to always give credit to the original source of any content or images used. If you are using content or images from the official Pampered Chef website, make sure to properly cite and link back to the source.

5. What can I do if I come across a case of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community?

If you come across a case of plagiarism, you can report it to Pampered Chef's compliance team or reach out to the blog owner to share the information. It is important to address these issues in a respectful and professional manner to maintain the integrity of the Pampered Chef brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KymberlyMcD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PampChefJoy