• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unbelievable PC Violation: Shocking Blog Exposes Plagiarized Content

I actually recently emailed home office and asked that they put this exact thing in the weekly email newsletter and in CN. It would only take them a minute to put in something that says "Due to continuing confussion and unintentional violations we would like to make the policy clear...." and go from there. Don't use all the legal wording (although I find it very clear) that is in P&P manual - just flat out say - don't put your name in association with PC as your employer in any way shape or form on any website or blog....this includes facebook and myspace. Also no linking to your personal website. Wouldn't that be easier than tracking down and attacking unknowing consultants?
chefsteph07 said:
I completely agree w/ this bottom statment. I think it's getting a little ridiculous all the "violations" that are being posted on here.

And yes, I agree that the policy is the policy, not even saying anything about that, but it seems an awful lot of us are going out of our way to find violations and report them here.

Yes this topic goes in spurts. Usually it is the worst when new products are announced.

If you notice it is not the smae people posting the violations. Usually it is someone newer to the site and runs accross something that boggles their mind since they know the rules.

I admit I was shocked at my last cluster meeting when I mentioned about not posting online. All of the older "been arround a while" consultants / directors had no idea they could not put "Pampered Chef" in their profile or list their website. I was shocked! My own Director has it on her facebook page but as we have a funny relationship I just ignore it.

armywife_consultant said:
that is how i feel exactly... home office didnt hire consultants to tattle on other consultants. it is their job to find violations and take care of them... leave it alone doesnt anyone have anything better to do like maybe look for business possible shows or future consultants?

That's what I thought too...half of this board has posted lately about not being to find bookings...or low sales...you aren't going to get them by looking for others blogs and reading them over to look for violations...

Why does anyone even want to do that anyway? Seems a bit immature.

etteluap70PC said:
Yes this topic goes in spurts. Usually it is the worst when new products are announced.

If you notice it is not the smae people posting the violations. Usually it is someone newer to the site and runs accross something that boggles their mind since they know the rules.

I admit I was shocked at my last cluster meeting when I mentioned about not posting online. All of the older "been arround a while" consultants / directors had no idea they could not put "Pampered Chef" in their profile or list their website. I was shocked! My own Director has it on her facebook page but as we have a funny relationship I just ignore it.

I think it's best rather than report anything here, why not just contact the person directly and let them know? Then if you get the response like others had with THE OTHER BLOG (you all should know what I"m talking about), then call HO on it.

If you heard the nasty things that have be said to people trying to "help" educate the "Assumed unknowing" new consultant then you would understand whay many reccomend just reporting them. I cannot even describe the insults I have see in response to someone trying to be helpful.

It is all part of why I love PC. You can deal with things the way you like and I can do things my way. As long as they are within guidelines then have at it.

chefsteph07 said:
that's what i thought too...half of this board has posted lately about not being to find bookings...or low sales...you aren't going to get them by looking for others blogs and reading them over to look for violations...Why does anyone even want to do that anyway? Seems a bit immature.
Amen sister!!!

I've tried being "helpful" and letting several people know they're violating policy but have gotten nothing but nastiness in return. So I'm done being nice at this point... I never wish ill to people but some of these people really just tick me off...:mad:

Ok, I have a question...

In the P&P under "Your Title/Identification" it says

Except as otherwise provided in these policies, it is inappropriate to use The Pampered Chef corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the Company or any derivation of such, for instance, "pamper," "pampered," "chef," "discover," "in you," etc. as part of an e-mail address or domain name

But I've seen alot of consultants with "pampered," "pamper," or "chef" in their e-mail addresses and/or PWS domain name. So are those violations as well?

mrshamel3808 said:
But I've seen alot of consultants with "pampered," "pamper," or "chef" in their e-mail addresses and/or PWS domain name. So are those violations as well?

Those consultants probably got PWS addresses before that clause was added and were grandfathered. When PWS were first available, HO discovered that some consultants got PWS addresses that made it look like their page was part of the corporate site, and were getting thousands of dollars in random online orders because of it. So about a year after the sites were made available, they changed the rules about the personalized portion. Same with email addresses.

That's really confusing, how do you know when someone's just grandfathered in and when they're a new offender? I mean, obviously HO would know, but other consultants might see all the people with "chef" or "pampered" in their e-mail addresses and create one and sign up or something. Would HO not let you continue til you used a different address? I think they should mention in the P&P that if you see others with it in their e-mail address they are part of the grandfather clause.

<h2>1. What is the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog and what does it expose?</h2><p>The "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is a website that exposes instances of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community. It showcases examples of PC consultants using content and images from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission.</p><h2>2. Is the blog run by Pampered Chef or an official source?</h2><p>No, the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is not affiliated with or run by Pampered Chef. It is an independent website created by a concerned individual within the Pampered Chef community.</p><h2>3. What kind of content is considered plagiarized on the blog?</h2><p>The blog mainly focuses on cases where consultants have used images and written content from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission. This includes product descriptions, recipes, and images from the website and catalogs.</p><h2>4. How can I make sure my PC content is not plagiarized?</h2><p>To avoid any potential issues with plagiarism, it is important to always give credit to the original source of any content or images used. If you are using content or images from the official Pampered Chef website, make sure to properly cite and link back to the source.</p><h2>5. What can I do if I come across a case of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>If you come across a case of plagiarism, you can report it to Pampered Chef's compliance team or reach out to the blog owner to share the information. It is important to address these issues in a respectful and professional manner to maintain the integrity of the Pampered Chef brand.</p>

1. What is the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog and what does it expose?

The "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is a website that exposes instances of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community. It showcases examples of PC consultants using content and images from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission.

2. Is the blog run by Pampered Chef or an official source?

No, the "Unbelievable PC Violation" blog is not affiliated with or run by Pampered Chef. It is an independent website created by a concerned individual within the Pampered Chef community.

3. What kind of content is considered plagiarized on the blog?

The blog mainly focuses on cases where consultants have used images and written content from the official Pampered Chef website without proper credit or permission. This includes product descriptions, recipes, and images from the website and catalogs.

4. How can I make sure my PC content is not plagiarized?

To avoid any potential issues with plagiarism, it is important to always give credit to the original source of any content or images used. If you are using content or images from the official Pampered Chef website, make sure to properly cite and link back to the source.

5. What can I do if I come across a case of plagiarism within the Pampered Chef community?

If you come across a case of plagiarism, you can report it to Pampered Chef's compliance team or reach out to the blog owner to share the information. It is important to address these issues in a respectful and professional manner to maintain the integrity of the Pampered Chef brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KymberlyMcD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PampChefJoy