• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would You Want This Customer at Your Show?

In summary, Karen thinks that the writer expressed her opinion fairly in her blog post, and that she does not think that PC parties are bad. Karen also thinks that it is interesting to see the other side of the story.
NooraK
Gold Member
http://open.salon.com/blog/cleverley/2011/04/03/i_was_in_pampered_chef_hell

I came across an interesing blog post last night. The writer clearly states her distaste for PC parties, but explains why she went. It does not appear that she expressed her opinion in any way at the party, except maybe by leaving quickly.

I thought it'd be interesting to see what the consultant opinion is on a customer like this. Would you just let her be? Would you feel obligated to convince her PC parties are great?

Note, she probably has a way to see the source of where people are coming from to her site, and by posting the link here, she'll probably see that a great many viewers came from CS. It is possible she may come here to see what drove all this traffic to her site. So just keep that in mind when you answer. She seems like a very reasonable person who would probably enjoy the discussion from what I've seen on this and a few other posts on the site. Just be nice.

It's very possible that she is one of the nicest guests...and saves her disdain for these things for her blog.

I would not feel any need to change her opinion on things, as we're all entitled to our own, and our enthusiasm for PC is our own, though we try and share it. But I'd never (personally) feel compelled to try and change someone's mind on it, especially in a case like this, where she's experienced the shows.

minirottie said:
I would not feel any need to change her opinion on things, as we're all entitled to our own, and our enthusiasm for PC is our own, though we try and share it. But I'd never (personally) feel compelled to try and change someone's mind on it, especially in a case like this, where she's experienced the shows.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think an indicator of a good consultant with any direct sales company is the ability to identify those individuals who just will not sway in their opinions. We plant the seeds to the whole group during our demo, let them fall where they may, and then water and fertilize the seeds during the full-service checkout. It does no good to plant the seeds and then beg and plead with them to grow. Not every seed is germinated - and not every patch of ground is fertile.

Wow, I got a little deep & philosophical there :eek:

One of my sister will never go to one of my shows. She hates direct sales parties. The odd thing is that she cooks more than anyone I know. She buys some from me, but I know if she heard guests talk and saw it in action she would own the catalog.

Oh well. Luckily, she's too classy to blog something assinine...

This had me a little worried because I too, had a party held that same night! And being that I am in MN as well....Luckily, it wasn't my show since there was no newborn and I don't have the new HWC items but it does prove that there will be people at our shows who may not like PC (or direct parties in general) and we can't let the ruin the rest of the show.It was interesting to see the other side of things.Karen

It happens but who cares!! As a consultant focus on the people who do care about the products. I like how she totally bashed PC for something that was her own doing. If she doesn't want to go why does she go and then complain about it later? It's not PC's fault that she doesn't like those kind of things. You cannot please everybody!

I can relate to her thoughts about the fact that you can buy kitchen products at your local Target or Walmart for much cheaper. I used to think this as well - that is until I started using the PC products. The saying you get what you pay for is very true. There is no comparison between store bought and PC products. She is not unlike many of us when we feel coerced into attending an event. I am dealing with a co-worker that is trying to get me into a company where I have to spend $50 a month. It is not much fun. At least this lady is gracious enough to see the good aspects of the show. Who knows - she may come around eventually.

One of my closest friends hates PC. She is very outspoken and will tell everyone at a show how much she hates PC. That being said, I do not invite her to shows but she has had 2 catalog shows for me (very good shows), why? Because she is a closeted stoneware addicted and she cannot find a better guarantee on cookware, and if she wants it free, she will get it free. Oh and her new baby is the MFP. But I will not tell anyone that she really does like PC she just hasn't realized it. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and most people are kind enough not to ruin an event with their comments. Maybe she hates herself for secretly liking it.

Amyskitchen2 said:
One of my closest friends hates PC. She is very outspoken and will tell everyone at a show how much she hates PC. That being said, I do not invite her to shows but she has had 2 catalog shows for me (very good shows), why? Because she is a closeted stoneware addicted and she cannot find a better guarantee on cookware, and if she wants it free, she will get it free. Oh and her new baby is the MFP. But I will not tell anyone that she really does like PC she just hasn't realized it. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and most people are kind enough not to ruin an event with their comments. Maybe she hates herself for secretly liking it.

This is too funny!!!!!!!!!!

The blog doesn't pull up anymore. Maybe she removed it?

cookscorner said:
I can relate to her thoughts about the fact that you can buy kitchen products at your local Target or Walmart for much cheaper. I used to think this as well - that is until I started using the PC products. The saying you get what you pay for is very true. There is no comparison between store bought and PC products. She is not unlike many of us when we feel coerced into attending an event. I am dealing with a co-worker that is trying to get me into a company where I have to spend $50 a month. It is not much fun. At least this lady is gracious enough to see the good aspects of the show. Who knows - she may come around eventually.

DH and I celebrated our 5 Year anniversary in February. Most of our kitchen utensils were things that we got for wedding presents (BB&B & Target mostly). I am slowly replacing w/ PC products, but find it funny that in the last 2-3 months I have broken 5 pieces (non-PC, wedding gifts)- spatulas, turners, and whisks. They all lasted right at 5 yrs. Not too bad for cheap stuff, but kinda funny that it has all happened at the same time.

Shelly Flanagan said:
The blog doesn't pull up anymore. Maybe she removed it?

It still works for me.

Here is part of the key....she said: "I hate both cooking and spending money". PC is not a product that meets a need or passion.If she didn't hate either of those, then a PC party wouldn't be so painful. I don't know what kind of favor she thinks she's doing her friend, but I agree with one comment someone made on her blog- I hope her friend reads her blog. She might think twice about inviting her again.

I think she'd actually be happy if her friend didn't invite her again, but from what she wrote it seems as though her friend knows she doesn't want to go, but invites her anyway.And if you ask Tammy Stanley, it's good to have non-buying guests, too. The more full a room, the more comfortable the other guests feel. If you start talking about a $500 show average, and you have 5 guests, they'll be thinking they all have to spend $100!

Guests like that don't bother me. I don't take it personally. Generally they won't be particularly vocal about their disdain for the direct sales parties. When they are, I tell them I'm glad they came, considering how much they must hate being there. It usually diffuses the situation.

1. What is "Would You Want This Customer at Your Show?"

"Would You Want This Customer at Your Show?" is a question commonly asked by event or trade show organizers to gauge the desired target audience for their event. It prompts organizers to consider if a certain type of customer would be a good fit for their show.

2. Why is it important to consider the type of customer at a show?

The type of customer at a show can greatly impact the success of the event. By considering the desired target audience, organizers can ensure that their show aligns with the interests and needs of their potential attendees, leading to a more engaged and satisfied audience.

3. How can I determine if a customer would be a good fit for my show?

To determine if a customer would be a good fit for your show, you can consider factors such as their interests, purchasing power, and demographic information. You can also conduct market research or surveys to gather insights on your target audience and their preferences.

4. Are there certain types of customers that should be avoided at a show?

While there are no specific types of customers that should be avoided at a show, organizers should be mindful of their desired target audience and ensure that the event is tailored to their interests. For example, if a show is geared towards families, it may not be suitable for a customer who is interested in extreme sports.

5. How can I attract the right type of customer to my show?

To attract the right type of customer to your show, you can use targeted marketing tactics such as social media advertising, email campaigns, and partnerships with relevant businesses or organizations. It is also important to have a strong understanding of your target audience and their preferences to effectively promote your event to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • vanscootin