• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore Pampered Chef with OpenSourceCook

In summary, this consultant has created several websites for businesses. She has a link called "Pampered Chef" that takes you right to her official PWS. She also has a link for "Become a Pampered Chef". There is a link buried in that page that takes you to her PWS. AND she has a Facebook site with all her stuff there too. She appears to be from Michigan based on Area code. Her PWS calendar shows a recent Grand Opening...and she notes that she just qualified, so she's obviously new. However, new or not, we all got the Policy & Procedures- anyone can read! If she can put together this elaborate extra website (with links to her PWS),
esavvymom
Staff member
http://www.opensourcecook.comThis is CLEARLY a consultant who purposely has created several websites for business. She has a link called "Pampered Chef" that takes you right to her official PWS. She also has a link for "Become a Pampered Chef". There is a link buried in that page that takes you to her PWS. AND she has a Facebook site with all her stuff there too. She appears to be from Michigan based on Area code.
Her PWS calendar shows a recent Grand Opening...and she notes that she just qualified, so she's obviously new. But new or not, we all got the Policy & Procedures- anyone can read! If she can put together this elaborate extra website (with links to her PWS)- both violations, she can read the P&Ps! :grumpy:I found it searching for a couple recipes that I didn't have the cookbooks for and that aren't on here. I knew "non-consultants" had some sites with a few recipes. But that's how I found this.I'm not the type to snitch, but I'm irked. :grumpy: Normally, I'd just politely email the person- maybe they weren't aware, but come on! How many ways can you break the rules??

I think she was found out last week? Or she sounds oddly like the gal that someome else found on FB announcing her "grand opening". And was reported. But maybe it's a different person?

I really think directors need to stress that new consultants read the terms and conditions that are printed on the back of the paper kit agreements, can be printed at the time of signing up on line and are posted online. This is the FIRST thing listed so even if someone skims they SHOULD see that restriction. lol:rolleyes:

Someone reported her earlier this week and it looks like she did take down several things. The other thing I find funny is that she is using PC recipes but isn't giving them credit. You aren't supposed to post a PC recipe without the copy right information.

I sent her a message today via her website and now all the other PC links have been removed. However, she still has the PC logo and pictures. Not sure if her FB page is still active.

wadesgirl said:
Someone reported her earlier this week and it looks like she did take down several things. The other thing I find funny is that she is using PC recipes but isn't giving them credit. You aren't supposed to post a PC recipe without the copy right information.

And in those recipes - every PC product is a link back to her website.

I think it's interesting that she'll list all the discontinued items and does still have links to her official PWS but says she won't mention new products because she doesn't know if she's allowed! I can't imagine it will take long for HO to find her FB page. Talk about against the rules!

yeah, this one is really ticking me off for some reason. If you look through her recipes, all the PC ones have links to her PWS. I hope she gets shut down soon.

So have any of you reported her to HO? They may not be aware of the "sneaky" ways she is doing it. You would think if she got caught for one way, she would know the rest are "against policies"!

pcchefjane said:
So have any of you reported her to HO? They may not be aware of the "sneaky" ways she is doing it. You would think if she got caught for one way, she would know the rest are "against policies"!

DONE. We'll see what happens.

The thing that bugged me is that she doesn't just have ONE site- but that main one. FB site is just a side- thing really. The one with all the recipes is what killed me.
Why bother? She has a PWS site for goodness sake! Use THAT.Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought this. :)

Wow. I just went to her Open Source cook site- and it's been completely CLEANED OUT! I can't find any reference to PC anywhere...not even recipes.She's a quick learner. :)(edit- ok...ALMOST completely..looks like she has a few links in a few recipes- but only if you search for pampered chef did I find them) -but least she appears to be working on it.

she must have a lot of spare time on her hands to do all this

Um, she still has the logo on her home page.

DebbieJ said:
Um, she still has the logo on her home page.

Not when I look at it. Maybe you have a cached version in your browser?? (My browser cache clears automatically when i shut down- which I did this afternoon)

She still has a few links buried in some old recipes.

Discontinued items are still listed by # and description on the home page at the botttom and a link on the left side to discontinued.... but her FB page os GONE>>> I can't believe people can get away with that.

esavvymom said:
Not when I look at it. Maybe you have a cached version in your browser?? (My browser cache clears automatically when i shut down- which I did this afternoon)

She still has a few links buried in some old recipes.

You're right, I had a cached version.

But the recipes still have buried links. Grr.

This sounds like one that was brought up last week that I reported to HO then. In my note to HO I indicated that she not only had links, but was violating intellectual property rights by including pics, logo and recipes, so she may have gotten a more firmly worded note than usual.

Just saw this on FB:Pampered Chef Cookware | FacebookWhat's interesting are the comments made on the wall. Here's one where it has the person's name and picture: As an Independent Sales Director with the Pampered Chef, I am proud to represent such a great company. Even in our harsh economic times, sales of our products have remained strong because my customers are entertaining at home more, going out less, and needing quality products in their kitchens that stand the test of time, come with a great guarantee, and make cooking fun. It's the best!

pcchefjane said:

I reported all her links a few days back.

Facebook
Open Source Cook Website
Linked In

We have to have a little patience and let HO do their job.

She was reported on 1/26 at least...

babywings76 said:
Just saw this on FB:

Pampered Chef Cookware | Facebook

What's interesting are the comments made on the wall. Here's one where it has the person's name and picture:

As an Independent Sales Director with the Pampered Chef, I am proud to represent such a great company. Even in our harsh economic times, sales of our products have remained strong because my customers are entertaining at home more, going out less, and needing quality products in their kitchens that stand the test of time, come with a great guarantee, and make cooking fun. It's the best!

WOW! That's more like advertising central!!! "If you're a consultant - put your ad here"

babywings76 said:
Just saw this on FB:

What's interesting are the comments made on the wall. Here's one where it has the person's name and picture:

As an Independent Sales Director with the Pampered Chef, I am proud to represent such a great company. Even in our harsh economic times, sales of our products have remained strong because my customers are entertaining at home more, going out less, and needing quality products in their kitchens that stand the test of time, come with a great guarantee, and make cooking fun. It's the best!

Has anyone reported this one yet?

etteluap70PC said:
Has anyone reported this one yet?

Nope, but I know A LOT of consultants here are in that group...

Looks like she is coming back guns a blazin', but is still in violation with her FB page and her "Pampered Chef business" page. I left a comment to that effect. I hope HO contacts her soon.http://www.opensourcecook.com/2009/01/29/320/

WOW - can't get more brazen that that one! I reported it too. It's like she's daring you call her on it.

did you see her PC page? http://www.opensourcecook.com/become-a-pampered-chef/

Wow, she it gutsy. I will give her that!

Wow. She truly doesn't understand the legalese. I get that ingredients are facts, but how those items are put together is the creative process which is covered by copyright. (Uh, that's my interpretation...I could be totally wrong...but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

In today's world of blogging, HO really needs to address the internet restictions in every issue of CN (IMHO).

Looks like HO may have 'talked' to her: http://www.opensourcecook.com/cheftools/

However, on her home page where she's ranting about copyrite stuff she still talks about being a consultant. And on her facebok page she still has PC photos (along with a nasty bra-strap photo).

Very nice. Glad she finally figured it out.I made a comment with the P&P and looks like it was deleted.

babywings76 said:
Just saw this on FB:

Holy Moly!! That's insane :eek:

It is nice to see that she has finally seen that she is not in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlag1986 said:
It is nice to see that she has finally seen that she is not in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she's only partially seen it - look at her other pages and links.

legacypc46 said:
Wow. She truly doesn't understand the legalese. I get that ingredients are facts, but how those items are put together is the creative process which is covered by copyright. (Uh, that's my interpretation...I could be totally wrong...but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

In today's world of blogging, HO really needs to address the internet restictions in every issue of CN (IMHO).

It's like she thinks the copyright statement HO puts on all their recipes is just there for giggles. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
It's like she thinks the copyright statement HO puts on all their recipes is just there for giggles. :rolleyes:

do you think she's Smarter that a Fifth Grader? LOL

I bet she's a real bi-atch in person....just reading her 'justifications' and how she words everything lets you know that she thinks pretty highly of smarty-pants-self. She still talks about being a consultant on some of her pages and check out her FB link. I'm sure HO is watching her by now.

chefann said:

Her disclainer is actually kind of comical. Notice how she actually contradicts herself and the law...
Not to mention for someone who is so disdainful and insulting to a company's policies she shure is promoting them alot!

Last edited:
She's actually correct that recipes can't be copywrited. I can't post a Martha Stewart article and call it mine, but there is nothing in the law that says I can't post a Martha Stewart recipe and comment about it.

However, she's still posted a lot more than PC policies allow and she is in a contract with them.

Meow! Hiss! Well, if she had only read the policies, she wouldn't have to get her undies in a bundle!

From the parts of her personality that she has shared....I think she strives to have them in a bundle :D

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items through independent consultants who host cooking demonstrations and sell products.

2. How do I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products directly from a consultant at a cooking demonstration, through their personal website, or by hosting a cooking show of your own.

3. What is OpenSourceCook?

OpenSourceCook is a website created by a Pampered Chef consultant that offers recipes and information about Pampered Chef products. It is not an official Pampered Chef website.

4. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you must sign up under an existing consultant and purchase a starter kit. You can find a consultant near you through the "Become a Pampered Chef" link on OpenSourceCook.

5. Is OpenSourceCook an official Pampered Chef website?

No, OpenSourceCook is not an official Pampered Chef website. It is created and maintained by a Pampered Chef consultant as a resource for recipes and information about the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies