• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning: MySpace Advertising Violation for PC Consultants - Don't Get Caught!

In summary, Kristin spoke with her director and found that she is not in violation of her contract. She plans to email Richard about the policies and procedures.
That is so awful!
Home Office needs to crack donw on this stuff - I don't know how they can, it's a HUGE undertaking...but I know they'll find a way!

I have sent a message to myspace about her, but it was before she posted our pics, I think I'll send another.

It clearly states in the myspace rules that you are not allowed to posts pictures without the persons consent. She obviously has problems reading the rules.

Amberd said:
I have sent a message to myspace about her, but it was before she posted our pics, I think I'll send another.
I am going to send another email to HO momentarily. Let it be know that I read the emails that Amber received from this (I don't even know what to call her). She was down right cruel. She has pushed me over the limit.

luvs2sellit said:
It clearly states in the myspace rules that you are not allowed to posts pictures without the persons consent. She obviously has problems reading the rules.
Yeah-to everything!!

chefkristin said:
I am going to send another email to HO momentarily. Let it be know that I read the emails that Amber received from this (I don't even know what to call her). She was down right cruel. She has pushed me over the limit.

I sooo feel for you Kristin! I know exactly how you are feeling! PM me if you want!

chefkristin said:
I would call them and then, once you get the right person at HO send the emails to them 'live' while you are talking on the phone....

pamperedlinda said:
I would call them and then, once you get the right person at HO send the emails to them 'live' while you are talking on the phone....
Yeah I think I am going to call.

That's a good idea, Linda. Then you can discuss it and get it taken care of immediately.

chefann said:
That's a good idea, Linda. Then you can discuss it and get it taken care of immediately.
Hopefully you will also be able to "read" their voice and know if they (HO) are serious about doing something about it too.

pamperedlinda said:
Hopefully you will also be able to "read" their voice and know if they (HO) are serious about doing something about it too.
I kind of thought that maybe they weren't. I will keep checking to see if the My Space is pulled. Oh and I found her PC website:
www.pamperedchef.biz/cassiewodicka

Did you see that the "group" that the bulletin with our pics are posted in contains 193 People!!!

Warning-Long email sent to HO......Hello

My name is Kristin Dahlstrom and my consultant id# is 452095

I was speaking to Heidi at HO earlier today regarding an issue that I had with another consultant online on My Space. She is blatantly in breach of contract.

This consultant is www.pamperedchef.biz/cassiewodicka

Her My Space link is:
http://www.myspace.com/cassiepchef

I simply wrote her a message to let her know that she cannot advertise her business on My Space. Well she was very rude to me and another consultant Amber Dotson. See response from her below... Read from bottom to top.

And here is the conversation between us:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever, you look like a busy body anyway.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: May 22, 2007 10:06 AM

I suppose that is what you would think. I am done. I just didn't want you to get in trouble.

Date: May 22, 2007 12:48 PM

Well, I think that you are a nosey busy body who obviously searched for PC on myspace for my account to show up. I am not breaching my contract. I am not selling over this page I am simply stating that if they are interested in buying, to contact me. I'm also not using any trademarked items. Mind your own business

Date: May 22, 2007 9:28 AM

I got this of CC
"Consultant Agreement Terms and Conditions

A. As a Pampered Chef® Consultant, I understand and agree:
I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.

I will protect the Company’s trademarks and trade name by not reproducing the Company’s name and/or trademarks or copy any of the Company’s materials for use in any advertising without the prior written approval of the Company. "

AND

Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site...., do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.

Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.

The Home Office will randomly audit links to Personal Web Sites to ensure these guidelines are being followed. If you wish to report a violation, please e-mail Consultant Career Solutions at .

I am just trying to let you know so you don't get in trouble. Take the info and do what you wish.

Date: May 22, 2007 10:46 AM

Thought I'd let you know that I spoke with my director, and she has looked at my page, and she says that I am not in violation of my contract.

Date: May 21, 2007 6:21 AM

From one consultant to another...

You cannot advertise PC on My Space. I wanted to let you know before the Home Office police catch you.
This is a BIG breach of contract! There are people monitoring.

Sorry....

She then went and posted mine and Amber's picture on a blog to ALL of her friend's and here is what that said:

Subject Wanted to warn you all

Body: Hey everyone! I wanted to let you know that I have been harrassed by two different people this week who want to let me know that I am "breaching my contract" by having a Myspace page. They have both threatned to report me to home office. I have shown my page to my director and she says that it is not in breach of contract because I do not use any PC images or link to any PC page including my personal website. I thought I would let you all know in case they start harrassing you too! If you have a PC myspace, you may want to let your director look at it. Their pics and names are below

Something needs to be done regarding this issue. She is not ok. Amber sent 2 or 3 emails this morning. We do not want our picture posted anywhere other than where we decide. I really hope something will be done with this. WE WERE ONLY TRYING TO HELP!

Kristin Dahlstrom
[email protected]

Ok seriously?! I'm starting to feel like it's the 1800's and we're all in a little town called SALEM...and there are certain women who are just on a witch hunt and will not stop until they get rid of those who threaten their position in the township!
Will history EVER change????

I personally was trying to help this woman, I contacted her to let her know that she was in violation, so that if she didn’t know, she wouldn’t get into trouble over something that she wasn’t aware of. But when she said the things that she said to me, that is when she crossed the line, then this woman preceded to post MY pic on something that I had nothing to do with she went even further. Its her perogative if she wants to violate rules that we all have to follow, but she has no right to get mad at people who in all reality were trying to help. But I will tell you that my willingness to help went straight out the window when she said and did the things she did. So if you want to consider me a "witch hunter" so be it but I can guarantee that if she would have said those things to you, you would have been on the phone to HO too!!!

I have done what needed to be done. I am not on a Witch Hunt. I am simply trying to defend Pampered Chef's rules. I am sorry but when people use the F word to me and someone else, it is totally uncalled for and extremely unprofessional! HO and My Space have been contacted.

Amberd said:
I personally was trying to help this woman, I contacted her to let her know that she was in violation, so that if she didn’t know, she wouldn’t get into trouble over something that she wasn’t aware of. But when she said the things that she said to me, that is when she crossed the line, then this woman preceded to post MY pic on something that I had nothing to do with she went even further. Its her perogative if she wants to violate rules that we all have to follow, but she has no right to get mad at people who in all reality were trying to help. But I will tell you that my willingness to help went straight out the window when she said and did the things she did. So if you want to consider me a "witch hunter" so be it but I can guarantee that if she would have said those things to you, you would have been on the phone to HO too!!!

Ut oh,taking a turn for the worse. Run Kristen and Amber. I have seen trouble like this before. It is not going to be pretty. Run!!!!

Amber and Kristen...
You both know you have done the right thing.
You handled yourselves professionally and went through the proper channels to handle an inappropriate situation and to protect the reputation of our comapny. Don't let the turkeys get you down.

dannyzmom said:
Amber and Kristen...
You both know you have done the right thing.
You handled yourselves professionally and went through the proper channels to handle an inappropriate situation and to protect the reputation of our comapny. Don't let the turkeys get you down.
I love you Carolyn! Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, due to strong opinions I think I might just go back to minding my own business.

chefkristin said:
I love you Carolyn! Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, due to strong opinions I think I might just go back to minding my own business.

Hey Kristin,
Other than the Myspacer in violation, and one other poster - I think we have all been behind you in this! HO even encourages that violaters be reported - you know with all of the additional info that has been sent recently via email that this is something they feel strongly about. You did the right thing(You too Amber!;) ) so don't feel badly!

No way should you feel bad.

Being a witch (aka witch hunt) is not illegal unless you are hurting someone and violating the laws of this or any other country. Posting ads and advertising on My Space or anywhere on the internet is a violation of the rules that were agreed to when you became a Pampered Chef Consultant. I am amazed that there are Directors out there giving out bogus information. If my Director wasn't sure about a rule she would have me check with HO before giving me a thumbs up.

Ladies I personally think you did the RIGHT thing!!!!!!!

And remember, we are only of human flesh and of course we get upset and frustrated......................and rant and rave and want to slap something/one

but the matter WILL be taken care of by the POWERS THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to protect our interests and our wonderful and FUN jobs!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Kristin,
Other than the Myspacer in violation, and one other poster - I think we have all been behind you in this! HO even encourages that violaters be reported - you know with all of the additional info that has been sent recently via email that this is something they feel strongly about. You did the right thing(You too Amber!;) ) so don't feel badly!
Going back I see you are all behind us. Thanks. I love you guys. But I think this particular case has gone as far as it can. HO was called and emailed several times and My Space has been notified. Have a nice Memorial Day everyone.

Kristin and Amber: I am behind you all the way too. If someone is breaking the rules we all agreed to then the matter needs to be handled. If I try to help someone and they are rude and offensive to me, then yes I even more want them to get what's coming!:D

You both continue to do what it right and hold your heads high! You have nothing to be ashamed of b/c you have done nothing wrong to my knowledge.

And please, those that do not agree (and not everyone is going to agree on everything we all say)- do not turn THIS thread into a witch hunt. Just respecfully speak your opinions just as the rest of us do and lets keep this peaceful.

Did you guys report the posting of your picture and message to others to HO?

jrstephens said:
Kristin and Amber: I am behind you all the way too. If someone is breaking the rules we all agreed to then the matter needs to be handled. If I try to help someone and they are rude and offensive to me, then yes I even more want them to get what's coming!:D

You both continue to do what it right and hold your heads high! You have nothing to be ashamed of b/c you have done nothing wrong to my knowledge.

And please, those that do not agree (and not everyone is going to agree on everything we all say)- do not turn THIS thread into a witch hunt. Just respecfully speak your opinions just as the rest of us do and lets keep this peaceful.
Thankyou Jennifer, That means alot.

chefkristin said:
Thankyou Jennifer, That means alot.

Your welcome!:D

jenniferknapp said:
OMG, That is ridiculous... I really hope that MySpace and HO do something about it. Keep us posted!

Looks like that bulletin got pulled????

janetupnorth said:
Looks like that bulletin got pulled????
OOOHHHH Let me check.....

Last edited:
Thank you for supporting us, I know that after all this started being a big thing I was second guessing myself. I know just about everytime I have ever tried to help someone it has turned out bad for me, but at least I know I've done the right thing. Thanks:)

IT DID YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ust checked and its gone!!!1

It is gone--the bulletin!! Yay Amber!!!

Thanks everyone for your support.

That got your faces off, which wasn't right, but doesn't yet correct all the violations out there. I know it is hard to police, but I wish HO would communicate more to us as consultants so people know the rules for sure...or know to ask before they do something.

Most of these aren't "innocent" violations though, many are blatant violations of Policies and Procedures...guess My Business, My Way to many = I can do whatever I want with whoever's intellectual property...sad...

janetupnorth said:
That got your faces off, which wasn't right, but doesn't yet correct all the violations out there. I know it is hard to police, but I wish HO would communicate more to us as consultants so people know the rules for sure...or know to ask before they do something.

Most of these aren't "innocent" violations though, many are blatant violations of Policies and Procedures...guess My Business, My Way to many = I can do whatever I want with whoever's intellectual property...sad...
I agree with you Janet. A lot of people aren't aware of the policies. That is why I say something before turning them in. But it created a lot of hassle.

I am so sorry that you ladies got caught up in something this messy just trying to help people out.

Ladies, you did nothing wrong! Kudos to you for forging ahead when someone was bullying (sp?) you.

What I really don't understand is that is is SO EASY to find these people (even when you are not looking for them, you can always simply stumble over them). I just can't understand why HO doesn't have someone on staff to do these kinds of searches themselves and take care of it before we have to get all worked-up and in a tizzie about it.

If HO is relying on us to report these kinds of violations then I think we should pass them on to them when we do find them. I agree that it is a nice gesture to politely notify them first in case they simply didn't understand the rules, but once they get huffy....then oh so sorry. I do have a hard time believing that all of these people think that their 'version' of advertising is okay though. It is pure and simple wrong.

Linda,

I agree they should have a department browsing the internet all day long to catch these things. And I bet we could all apply since we are here anyway!! HAHA!!!:D I have always thought it would be a cool job to work for the FBI posing as a child to catch people after then - of course I am fascinated with any government spy or criminal stuff. It is has initials like FBI, CIA I am loving it!!

We could be our own CSI's for PC!!!! Guess that would make us PCI'S!!!!

HO should post a warning on the actual Myspace page. I do not think there is a witch hunt because so far I don't see a buring bonfire or people gathering to kill anyone. Just some dumb cu*t talking very bold because it's only online contact. Had she been contacted at conference it would have been a fake nice nice thing. It is my biggest complaint with these pseudo acquaintances online in the end it just gets catty. At least in person someone chooses to walk away or throw down. The hardest part about being a Christian is walking away.

Last edited:
<h2>1. Can I advertise Pampered Chef on MySpace?</h2><p>No, it is a violation of your contract as a Pampered Chef consultant to advertise on MySpace.</p><h2>2. Is anyone monitoring MySpace for Pampered Chef advertising violations?</h2><p>Yes, there are people monitoring for any advertising violations on MySpace.</p><h2>3. What happens if I am caught advertising Pampered Chef on MySpace?</h2><p>You may face consequences from Pampered Chef, such as being in breach of your contract or other disciplinary actions.</p><h2>4. Can I mention Pampered Chef on my personal MySpace page?</h2><p>Yes, you can mention Pampered Chef on your personal page, but you cannot advertise or promote it in any way.</p><h2>5. Is it worth the risk to advertise Pampered Chef on MySpace?</h2><p>No, it is not worth the risk to potentially face consequences from Pampered Chef by advertising on MySpace. It is important to follow the guidelines set by the company to maintain a positive reputation and relationship with them.</p>

Related to Warning: MySpace Advertising Violation for PC Consultants - Don't Get Caught!

1. Can I advertise Pampered Chef on MySpace?

No, it is a violation of your contract as a Pampered Chef consultant to advertise on MySpace.

2. Is anyone monitoring MySpace for Pampered Chef advertising violations?

Yes, there are people monitoring for any advertising violations on MySpace.

3. What happens if I am caught advertising Pampered Chef on MySpace?

You may face consequences from Pampered Chef, such as being in breach of your contract or other disciplinary actions.

4. Can I mention Pampered Chef on my personal MySpace page?

Yes, you can mention Pampered Chef on your personal page, but you cannot advertise or promote it in any way.

5. Is it worth the risk to advertise Pampered Chef on MySpace?

No, it is not worth the risk to potentially face consequences from Pampered Chef by advertising on MySpace. It is important to follow the guidelines set by the company to maintain a positive reputation and relationship with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MGG
  • chelynn
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views