• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Seen Myspace.com Lately?

In summary, many PC consultants are advertising their businesses on myspace.com in violation of PC policy.
jwpamp said:
I hate to even bring this up, but can we do this....

http://www.freewebs.com/homepartiesbytina/pamperedchef.htm

or:
http://www.syracusewedding.com/localpro/the-pampered-chef.htm

No web link is given?

Sorry....had to ask!:eek:
Wow this chick is busy with:TPC,Candles, Passion party and Jewelry! No I wouldn't think it's authorized to do this!:eek:

jwpamp said:
Oh, and what is this? I can't figure it out??

http://www.pampered-chef.ca/index.html
looks like someone created their own PC website-store!:eek:

Hi, I can not believe all the anger. I think anyone with simply a link I would contact that consultant, but some of the online stores-that's just ridiculous. One of my past hostess was contacted on myspace to shop at a girls PC store. I was emailed the link and it was a true online store with slide show, guest specials, link to web page the works! I ended up not emailing the consultant because of all the backlash other consultants have endured. I figure in this girl's case or anyone with a seperate online store or webpage; IT IS NOT MY JOB TO GO AROUND ISSUING VIOLATION WARNINGS to fellow consultats that is HO job. I am not sure I would have even cared if it had not been my customer but it was and I think I did the right thing. It is because so many "violators" are nasty when informed by a fellow consultant that people have taken to avoid the drama and let HO deal with it. We were all warned in the Weekly Bites and anyone out there with the tech savvyness to put out PC stores reads email. IT does affect our business what if it were your customer getting contacted by someone online? PC does not sell on their homepage just through a consultant--would it be OK if they started selling off their site? Would we loose business--ofcourse so what makes people think it is OK to set up their seperate online store? I agree with Carolyn 100% and although it will never be an equal playing field-I'm not going to let someone start running the ball at the 50 yard line either.

Last edited:
Janice - I believe that the correct answer is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

jwpamp said:
Oh, and what is this? I can't figure it out??

http://www.pampered-chef.ca/index.html

That is a site I hope HO knows about and is going after. It "appears" to be a PC sponsored website from some of the wording, etc., but PC would never link to Rachel Ray recipes and send you to E-bay to buy products.

ChefBurke said:
why do people care? its stupid to get mad at.. & 34yrs old on myspace who is married with kids-thats sad.

I am 30 (not quite 34) married with kids and I have a myspace page. I am not sad. On the contrary, I use the site to meet up with old friends from high school and college. I use it to post pics of my kids so far away family and friends can see them whenever they want. you probably weren't trying to hurt anyones feelings or upset anyone. So I wanted to just mention that lots of us on chefsuccess have myspace pages!
I love my myspace page! It has been a creative way for me to keep in touch with my family and friends and only leaves me feeling happy...not sad.

www.myspace.com/crazygirldusty

Ditto!! We should keep our eyes on ourselves...Unless we just have nothing better to do than to mind other's business. I am way too busy trying to grow mine!

Don't get me wrong ~ I too have a myspace page and I'm almost 35! When I posted my original note about myspace users advertising their PC business (against the policy of the company), I was simply bringing to light that consultants are breaking the rules and someone should know about it. This had nothing to do w/myspace as a service. I love myspace for the same reasons why everyone does - catch up w/friends, chat, etc. Hope I didn't offend anyone - that was not my intention so I apologize.

I have a myspace page too and I'm... well, I'm over 50. I have the page so that I can keep up with my sons who live 1000 miles from me. 2 are in a band and all of them post pictures there that I would otherwise miss. (I then ask them to send me the ones I want - lol) I can also hear some of their latest work. I don't go there much and I don't even know how to or have time to search on it but whenever they (or other friends) send me a note or a "hey did you see the latest that we added to our site?" I go on.

I see nothing wrong with these sites (for people over 35) and I think it's my responsibility to be there. As a parent I should know what is going on in my children's lives - even if the youngest is 18!

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
I have a myspace page too and I'm... well, I'm over 50. I have the page so that I can keep up with my sons who live 1000 miles from me. 2 are in a band and all of them post pictures there that I would otherwise miss. (I then ask them to send me the ones I want - lol) I can also hear some of their latest work. I don't go there much and I don't even know how to or have time to search on it but whenever they (or other friends) send me a note or a "hey did you see the latest that we added to our site?" I go on.

I see nothing wrong with these sites (for people over 35) and I think it's my responsibility to be there. As a parent I should know what is going on in my children's lives - even it the youngest is 18!
I totally agree with you Beth! WEll said!:p

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg