• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Seen Myspace.com Lately?

In summary, many PC consultants are advertising their businesses on myspace.com in violation of PC policy.
lsm72
Ok, so I admit it - I'm a 34 year old wife and mother of two boys with a myspace page...LOL. That's not why I started this thread. Tonight, while I was posing messages to my friend's page, I decided to do a search - simply "Pampered Chef". I was shocked to discover that a number of PC consultants are (boldly) advertising their business on myspace.com. As I understand it, that goes against PC's policy on how we are allowed to market our business. One consultant even has photos of products w/the item number and price!!! I'm in the process of sending an email to HO letting them know of this violation. Mind you, I don't have names but they should be made aware of these issues.

Geez, just call me PC POLICE.....argh.....:mad:

You go girl!!!!

LOL...thanks. People make me so mad. Ok, I'm calm now...:eek:

HOly cow, I just punched up PC on myspace and found a Director from TN advertising blatantly no disguising it at all, listing HWC, starter kit host and guest specials etc! So sad and so wrong!

IT'S HORRIBLE! Very sad and so very wrong.....

What in the world??? Are these people crazy? At least Ebay-ers try to hide who they are! I scrolled through about 20 pages (I drank alot of caffeine today so can't sleep!) I found 12 people that boldly listed their website! Directors too! Could be why MySpace was mentioned in our Weekly Bites.

Many of the listings looked to be people just posting with each other about shows they are going to or are having. I died laughing at the one post (picture included) of how her little boy scooped a dead lizard off the driveway and put it in her quikstir pitcher!! :eek:

Ya Lisa I think that is why HO listed Myspace in the email. Its crazy how many people list it on their myspace.

And there are people that are just extremely provocative exploiting PC.
That really got me too!

yeah, like on the front of their profile page advertising, OMG, hellooooo! What the heck are they thinking!? If PC can hire people to police places like CS why not do it for myspace and ebay violators and bring then down!

OK, facebook is just as bad! Consultants have created their own PC groups and are posting their PWS on it as well as the monthly specials & HWC promos!

I just checked out the PC groups on Facebook...the majority of them are Canadians. Surely they don't have different rules up there?

What is facebook?

oh geez ... i gotta make sure my pc page is up to snuff ... if anyone wants to look and MAKE SURE i'm not in violation, that woudl be great! its myspace.com/laurieabe0923

thanks!

Man! I was so afraid to even put that PC was my occupation! Unbelieveable!

Facebook is almost like myspace but a little different, you can check it out at www.facebook.com At first, it was just for college students, then expanded to high school, and now it is open to everyone.

Facebook used to be described as the "clean/safe" version of myspace. At first you had to have a college e-mail address at an approved institution to get an account on there. They are opening it up more and more.

I personally use it to keep track of our summer staff at camp throughout the year and try to give them some encouragement while they were off at school.

amcclanaghan said:
Man! I was so afraid to even put that PC was my occupation! Unbelieveable!

I know what you mean, I did have Pampered Chef as my business and occupation before but I took it off cuz I dont want to get in trouble.

I saw this one director, the one that had the hwc myspace site. her own personal site has TONS of pc stuff on there as well .. how does she get away with it? thats so not fair that she is doing that, getting business and me, who follows the rules (to the best of my knowledge) gets crap! it angers me sooo!!!!

I admit it! Its me! I'm trying to take all the business for myself. bwa ha ha ha

MelissaK said:
Facebook is almost like myspace but a little different, you can check it out at www.facebook.com At first, it was just for college students, then expanded to high school, and now it is open to everyone.
Oh MY GOODNESS!
I just got onto facebook to check it out.
There is a girl from my cluster, but not near me.
She is half naked in her profile!
Haven't gotten on to see if she is promoting her business.
:eek: Promote yourself this way, who would want to do business w/ you!?!:eek:

I have Pampered Chef listed in my interests, but that's it. No link to my business or anything.

Ditto Kim. I think the only thing on mine is I belong to the PC group on MySpace, but I belong to other interest groups as well.

MelissaK said:

Exactly! I personally like facebook much better than myspace. It's much more private, secure and it doesn't allow users to upload any images, graphics & html codes...hence there are no sexual images to surprisingly stumble onto!

On myspace I am part of a Pampered Chef consultants group. But when I was searching for something similar to join on facebook, I kept pulling up these 'personal groups' where consultants are blatantly plugging their website and monthly specials. The people who are part of the groups appear to be their customer base! Hmmm... Like I mentioned before tho, mostly Canadians.

Okay, I have a PC mentioned in my "about me" section. Is that okay? I think that is the only time I mention it. I don't want any PC police after me.

I have mine say a "PC Consultant". I had it the other way and changed it. I don't want to be reported again.

I just joined sparkpeople....need to lose my "winter weight" :)....in my "about me" section I talked about how I show people how to create quick and simple meals to get the family around the table.

If you are creative...you can tell people what you do (or spark their curiosity) without breaking any rules. To blatantly put your website in a public forum like that....ERRRR...I don't think consultants should be allowed to use ignorance of the rules as excuses any longer. Put it in bold print in the contract or send them a postcard to sign and return.

Cut consultants some slack if their info shows up due to something someone else did (posted it on myspace trying to get people to come to their PC show or place order) but if YOU post it in YOUR profile....Bye-bye!!

I'm still really bugged by this whole myspace thing :mad: I went back out there tonight and looked at the HWC site. SO bold and she's a DIRECTOR!! She has been with PC for at least 2 years so you can't tell me she doesn't know. Found her name...and guess what??? She's a cheffer!!! :eek: She has only posted 3 times but she was last on here on 4-16!

Let's be real honest....from what I've seen...Cheffers are some of the best informed consultants! If you don't know something, post it and within minutes you have your answer. I can't believe that ANYONE that has ever read posts on this site doesn't know that you can't sell on Ebay, you can't advertise your site on public forums, etc.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'm still really bugged by this whole myspace thing :mad: I went back out there tonight and looked at the HWC site. SO bold and she's a DIRECTOR!! She has been with PC for at least 2 years so you can't tell me she doesn't know. Found her name...and guess what??? She's a cheffer!!! :eek: She has only posted 3 times but she was last on here on 4-16!

Let's be real honest....from what I've seen...Cheffers are some of the best informed consultants! If you don't know something, post it and within minutes you have your answer. I can't believe that ANYONE that has ever read posts on this site doesn't know that you can't sell on Ebay, you can't advertise your site on public forums, etc.
That's the director I was referring to on myspace:mad: totally bugs! Can't believe a Director would do this, I would think she should know the rules!

Ok at first I thought you guys were over reacting; I am usually laid back. However I decided to look it up and the more I saw & read I started feeling annoyed with these consultants. It's just so blatantly out there; I wonder if they really are getting any business from it? I think I understand why these women are doing it w/o trying to hide it; if you notice several ladies have their website posted but not linked (they simply removed the hyperlink) and so they believe not to be in violation. I am glad HO sent out a reminder in Weekly Bites about public advertising being against policy, but why haven't they cracked down on this problem? And why is it against policy anyway? i understand why linking should not be allowed but why is advertising our sales and promotions on the web wrong? Not being antagonistic, just curious because I don't see what could be the harm (and for the record I do not have any sort of blog or page except the .biz one from HO ).

I used to have my website until I was told I couldn't so now I list me as a consultant. However, MHO is that if I am paying for the website at least, I should be able to list it anywhere I want. If it was given to every consultant then that would be a different story. Sorry but I think HO needs to review some policies already in play and revamp them if they want us to be able to drum up business. We are independent sales for a reason...because we are not on their payroll. If that is the case, then I should be able to advertise MY business anyway I choose.

Again I have changed it so PC police, do not report me.

I believe it is also the responsibility of each Director to let the newby consultants know. If it wasn't because I am tenacious, I would have never known and would have probably made the same mistake (because I myself thought of joining the myspace clan). They tell us to advertise but they must be very specific on what advertisement means. Not fair when a newby has to get in trouble. Now if someone who already knows, has had months of training and is still doing the myspace stuff, booyah! And maybe you do deserve to be caught by the PC Police.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW...I went and changed my information on my myspace so that PC is not mentioned directly. But WOW.....those folks are B A L L S Y!

While I can see a newbie's point of view that Director's should tell you these things.....I don't think it would be fair to drop this at a Director's feet. There are SO many things you learn about being a consultant as you go along. There are too many things a Director is already trying to teach you about the business, we can't cover everything all at once. Plus, no one would remember it all anyway...info overload :)

What it all comes down to is that we each need to take responsibility for our own business. We all have access to the same policy and procedure manual. New consultants should be reading through it and making notes of anything they don't understand so they can ask their directors. If we depend on others for our information, we will miss things or maybe not get everything we need.

The HO gives a warning first so if you are new and honestly didn't know, you won't be in big trouble. Someone that has been in the business for a while AND is a director....IMO...NO warning! You know better! No excuses!

Ok this may be horrible of me but I have been sending messages thru myspace to the one who are blatantly advertising their website. You know the ones I mean. All I'm saying is that I'm dissapointed thay feel that they do not have to follow the rules. I'm not trying to be mean but they need to know it is not OK.

There is another PC group on myspace too. Pampered Chefs unite. I have noticed alot of their members have Pampered Chef at least mentioned on the pages.

(edited to add) I usually do not considder myself the PC police but this has me really ticked. I am not reporting anyone to HO. I just want others to follow the same rules the rest of us are attempting to follow!

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
Ok this may be horrible of me but I have been sending messages thru myspace to the one who are blatantly advertising their website. You know the ones I mean. All I'm saying is that I'm dissapointed thay feel that they do not have to follow the rules. I'm not trying to be mean but they need to know it is not OK.
Ohhh, you'll have to let us know what they say back to you and if they change their advertising! :)

Paulette, I am cheering you on Girl!! Yes, please let us know what happens.

I was also shocked at what I found on facebook! Wow, they are brave! I cant believe they actually are putting their websites on facebook! How annoying!

MGG said:
Ok at first I thought you guys were over reacting; I am usually laid back. However I decided to look it up and the more I saw & read I started feeling annoyed with these consultants. It's just so blatantly out there; I wonder if they really are getting any business from it? I think I understand why these women are doing it w/o trying to hide it; if you notice several ladies have their website posted but not linked (they simply removed the hyperlink) and so they believe not to be in violation. I am glad HO sent out a reminder in Weekly Bites about public advertising being against policy, but why haven't they cracked down on this problem? And why is it against policy anyway? i understand why linking should not be allowed but why is advertising our sales and promotions on the web wrong? Not being antagonistic, just curious because I don't see what could be the harm (and for the record I do not have any sort of blog or page except the .biz one from HO ).

It's wrong because it takes away business from the local sales consultants. It's one thing to gather orders (or even a show) long distance when it's done through a show or from your list of 100, it's another thing to accept orders and direct traffic to your website when you have no relationship with the customer at all. The CORE business of PC is the cooking show, the PWS are designed to complement the cooking show, but not to be the major component of your business (that's why directors have to have minimum personal CORE sales so they stay in touch with what's going on on the consultant level by continuing to BE a consultant as well as a director).

If you advertise your PWS link, then you can "steal" business from other consultants. I know I'd be really annoyed if I developed a relationship with a customer and down the line they misplaced my info and did a web search and ended up placing an order with another consultant simply because it was easier to find them. (Granted that can happen anyway and one reason why we try and keep in touch with our customers).

Also by recruiting on places like myspace it really spreads out the a directors cluster. Some spread is inevitable as consultansts and directors move or go inactive, but if you primary means of recruiting is through the internet, you can't possibly have personal support. Sites like this are great, but aren't supposed to be the ONLY means of support for a consultant (although it often winds up that it is). If makes it harder for recruits to be successful, which means a lot of wasted money for HO. (Turnover costs money)

PCJulsan said:
I believe it is also the responsibility of each Director to let the newby consultants know. If it wasn't because I am tenacious, I would have never known and would have probably made the same mistake (because I myself thought of joining the myspace clan). They tell us to advertise but they must be very specific on what advertisement means. Not fair when a newby has to get in trouble. Now if someone who already knows, has had months of training and is still doing the myspace stuff, booyah! And maybe you do deserve to be caught by the PC Police.

They are extremely specific in the Policies and Procedures -- the problem is that people don't bother to read them.

In the advertising section it details EXACTLY how and what you can advertise.

on my personal website have a page devoted to my expierences with direct sales companies and its been there for 4 years now and not once have I ever got a "customer" or "recruit" from it for any direst sales business. While I think we should follow the no advertising rules why can't we mention our jobs? if I was a door greeter at Walmart I would have no fear of Walmart "firing" me because i posted on my website that I held that job. why can we not post that we hold the postion of Ind. Pampered Chef Consultant? This confuses me......posting you do a job is not the same as advertising.

jasonmva said:
I used to have my website until I was told I couldn't so now I list me as a consultant. However, MHO is that if I am paying for the website at least, I should be able to list it anywhere I want. If it was given to every consultant then that would be a different story. Sorry but I think HO needs to review some policies already in play and revamp them if they want us to be able to drum up business. We are independent sales for a reason...because we are not on their payroll. If that is the case, then I should be able to advertise MY business anyway I choose.

Again I have changed it so PC police, do not report me.

Exactly why i cancelled my web site. We used to be able to advertise it, it was nice, i got a lot of business from it search engines ect.

I agree with being able to advertise as you please. We pay to be an "independent consultatnt" not an employee! This really irks me. So what if I gained a custmer. I have a great customer base in an area 2.5 hours away from me and guess what. I dont research and there are at least 8, yes I said 8 directors in the area and they hadn't heard of pc since the chicken still sat on the nest. So would it be fair for the directors to gain those customers just b/c they are nearer to them? NO! I'm going to follow the rules, but pc is way to strict when it comes to this.

I'm also confused on how putting pc as your job would be consider advertising. That doesn't make any sense.

Well this was just mho...had to let it out.

We were never allowed to advertise our business in any searchable way on the internet. It has always been strictly forbidden.

Aren't they only in violation if they are listing a link to their website? They can say they sell PC, can't they? I mention it on my page and never thought that was wrong. Am I wrong?

Wow, was just looking and that one gal, I am sure the same one you are talking about!!! Just plain wrong!!!

Has anyone actually wrote any of these people just to let them know that they are violating rules, instead of just reporting them?

SillyChef said:
Has anyone actually wrote any of these people just to let them know that they are violating rules, instead of just reporting them?

Yes, some of them have been contacted. I believe a note first is the best way to go. Some of the replies are quite "precious"

Jut want you guys to be aware if you are sending notes to the rule breakers. Some of them get very combative and threatening.

etteluap70PC said:
Jut want you guys to be aware if you are sending notes to the rule breakers. Some of them get very combative and threatening.
Just remember: Anger is someone else's attempt to make you feel guilty.

<h2>1. What is MySpace.com and why is it relevant to Pampered Chef?</h2><p>MySpace.com is a popular social networking website where users can create a personal profile, connect with friends, and share content such as photos and messages. It is relevant to Pampered Chef because some consultants are using the platform to market their business, which goes against company policy.</p><h2>2. Is it against Pampered Chef's policy for consultants to advertise on MySpace.com?</h2><p>Yes, it is against Pampered Chef's policy for consultants to advertise their business on MySpace.com or any other social media platform. Consultants are only allowed to market their business through approved channels, such as their personal website and in-person events.</p><h2>3. What should I do if I come across a Pampered Chef consultant advertising on MySpace.com?</h2><p>If you come across a Pampered Chef consultant advertising on MySpace.com, it is recommended to report it to the company's Head Office. You can do so by sending an email or contacting them through their website. They take these violations seriously and will address the issue accordingly.</p><h2>4. Can consultants have a personal MySpace page without violating company policy?</h2><p>Yes, consultants are allowed to have a personal MySpace page as long as they do not use it to advertise their Pampered Chef business. It is important to maintain a clear separation between personal and business content on social media platforms.</p><h2>5. Are there any other social media platforms that Pampered Chef consultants should avoid using for business marketing?</h2><p>Aside from MySpace.com, Pampered Chef consultants should also refrain from using other social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to market their business. The company has specific guidelines and approved channels for marketing and it is important for consultants to follow them to avoid policy violations.</p>

1. What is MySpace.com and why is it relevant to Pampered Chef?

MySpace.com is a popular social networking website where users can create a personal profile, connect with friends, and share content such as photos and messages. It is relevant to Pampered Chef because some consultants are using the platform to market their business, which goes against company policy.

2. Is it against Pampered Chef's policy for consultants to advertise on MySpace.com?

Yes, it is against Pampered Chef's policy for consultants to advertise their business on MySpace.com or any other social media platform. Consultants are only allowed to market their business through approved channels, such as their personal website and in-person events.

3. What should I do if I come across a Pampered Chef consultant advertising on MySpace.com?

If you come across a Pampered Chef consultant advertising on MySpace.com, it is recommended to report it to the company's Head Office. You can do so by sending an email or contacting them through their website. They take these violations seriously and will address the issue accordingly.

4. Can consultants have a personal MySpace page without violating company policy?

Yes, consultants are allowed to have a personal MySpace page as long as they do not use it to advertise their Pampered Chef business. It is important to maintain a clear separation between personal and business content on social media platforms.

5. Are there any other social media platforms that Pampered Chef consultants should avoid using for business marketing?

Aside from MySpace.com, Pampered Chef consultants should also refrain from using other social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to market their business. The company has specific guidelines and approved channels for marketing and it is important for consultants to follow them to avoid policy violations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedchef88