• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have I Betrayed My PC Knives for Shun?

In summary, Kacey is an expert in kitchen gadgets and loves collecting them. She has been talking to her friends about gadgets and they have been buying her things. She is not alone in her love for gadgets.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
As many of you know- or may not know...however I've certainly shared it with enough people... I love Alton Brown and I love kitchen tools.

I'm an equal opportunity kitchen tool collector. There are many PC things that I love and some that I do not like at all. There are many Williams Sonoma things that I love and some that I can do without. There are also many other online kitchen gadget "stores" where I could spend countless hours and thousands of dollars feeding my love for all things kitchen related.

However last weekend I did something naughty.
In anticipation of starting culinary school this fall my hubby bought me some Shun knives... and I let him...and I love them...and were they not so freakishly sharp, I'd sleep with them, that is how much I love them.

Thankfully I'll always need my PC knives for when I need to cut up a whole chicken, or do some chopping that requires more braun than beauty, but OH MY-LANTA are these knives AWESOME...

Had I not just lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks and cut sugar out of my diet I'd be drowning my small amount of guilt over my new found love of these Asian knives in a fat pan of gooey carmel nut brownies...

So- how naughty am I and will the PC police forgive me for straying? :blushing:

SHAME! FOR SHAME!

I thought you were going to tell me you broke down and ate a twinkie...boy what a letdown...LOL

At least she has a sharp knife to cut a Twinkie in half and share it with you.

You finally admitted your sins to the people of CS!!!!

I'm with you - I can't stop looking at kitchen tools! I love Williams Sonoma! Although I only buy their soap, lotion and towels:)! I love looking at their web site and their catalog and dreaming:)!

Of course I have to keep track of the competition out there and what they have to offer;)!!

BTW - it's great to see you on here. I was just wondering yesterday where you have been. I haven't seen any posts from you lately. I missed you:love:!

I love Alton Brown too! :love: I am a kitchen tool-aholic too. I don't think you did anything wrong! he he...

haha Kacey that is silly of you but I am happy you are liking the knifes and that you lost 10 pounds :):) good job girl. I won't let the pc police find you :) happy cutting

I've been wondering where you were.

I love Alton too!! And I love his philosophy on uni-taskers. I hate them!

And, you didn't do anything wrong, your husband got you the knives, so he's the one in the wrong! Blame him! :p

Oh, you naughty, naughty girl. ;) One of the things I love about PC is that it holds its own against those hoity toity products. Have your little fling. You'll always come back to good, solid PC quality and value.

The first step was that you admitted it. I love William Sonoma, we had my DH holiday party and we had a gift card to WS but someone took it and gave us a Legal Seafood one. I was sad but it was my DH holiday party so at least we can use the Legal one together. I would have enjoyed doing some shopping, but he would not have gotten anything out of it.

I think PC will forgive you! ;)

I don't like our can opener, but I'm VERY convincing at selling them! They're in my top 5 sellers! :)

WLMcCoy said:
I think PC will forgive you! ;)

I don't like our can opener, but I'm VERY convincing at selling them! They're in my top 5 sellers! :)

Funny, I just got my hands on one a few days ago for the first time, and was surprised at how much I LOVE it!!

Kacey, enjoy your new knives :) I also love to browse W-S, but they are sooo expensive... I hope you gave your DH a BIG thank you :).

I also love our forged cutlery :). Especially at 60% off!

raebates said:
Oh, you naughty, naughty girl. ;) One of the things I love about PC is that it holds its own against those hoity toity products. Have your little fling. You'll always come back to good, solid PC quality and value.

Actually Momma Rae, a well rounded chef will have a good German knife in their kit and a good Asian knife in their kit. There are just some things that my PC knives cannot do- which is where my love affair with the Shun comes in, and there are some things that the Shun cannot do- which is where my love affair with the PC knives comes in...

:)
If it helps, I've been researching knives for over a year and I've tested every one I was interested in...the Shuns won out, AND their handle is similar to the PC knives which was manditory for me. :)

pamperedlinda said:
I've been wondering where you were.

I barely recognize anyone on here, so I've been staying away. I do miss my regulars when I'm away however. :)

AnnieBee said:
Funny, I just got my hands on one a few days ago for the first time, and was surprised at how much I LOVE it!!

Kacey, enjoy your new knives :) I also love to browse W-S, but they are sooo expensive... I hope you gave your DH a BIG thank you :).

I also love our forged cutlery :). Especially at 60% off!

I thanked him...yes I did! :) I love our forged cutlery as well...but like I said it's good to have a well rounded repertoire of knives in your kitchen.

WS does have some pricey items, which is why if I really need it, I research it on the web and normally find 2 or 3 other companies that make a similar item for much less. Like the Le Creuset for example. Martha Stewart makes an almost identical quality dutch oven for $200.00 less than the ones they sell at WS. I'll be buying hers for sure! :) I may love WS, but I love a bargain and if I can find something that is of similar or same quality for less price from a lesser known company, I'll give them my business. I'm an equal opportunity kitchen tool addict! :D:angel:

Last edited:
Re: I did something naughty... continued...The Fed Ex Man just came... DH also bought me Alton's kosher salt container and his two measuring cups that you push up in the middle, just like PC's Measure All's. I didn't like those so I gave them to my sister. I'll let you know if Alton's are any better...if not those will go to my Step-Dad, because he thinks Alton is cool.

By the way, if any of my fellow foodies out there are interested in some good reading, buy Shirley Corriher's book "Cookwise". It's amazing.

Thanks for letting me confess my culinary adultery. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I barely recognize anyone on here, so I've been staying away. I do miss my regulars when I'm away however. :)

I'm broken hearted. :( Seems like I'm always here.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm broken hearted. :( Seems like I'm always here.

I actually look for posts by you. :) And, I did say that I missed my regulars when I was away and you are one of the regulars.

If it'll make you happy, I'll let you see my pretty new knives? LOL

What is "I Did Something Naughty..."?

"I Did Something Naughty..." is a collection of decadent and indulgent recipes perfect for satisfying your cravings and treating yourself to something naughty.

Do I need special equipment to make these recipes?

No, most of the recipes in "I Did Something Naughty..." can be made with basic kitchen tools and appliances. However, having a stand mixer or food processor may make some recipes easier.

Are the ingredients hard to find?

No, the ingredients used in "I Did Something Naughty..." can be found at most grocery stores. Some recipes may call for specialty ingredients, but substitutions can often be made.

Can I make substitutions for dietary restrictions?

Yes, some recipes in "I Did Something Naughty..." may be adapted for dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or dairy-free. However, the end result may vary from the original recipe.

Can I order "I Did Something Naughty..." products through Pampered Chef?

No, "I Did Something Naughty..." is not a Pampered Chef product. It is a cookbook available for purchase through other retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Kitchen Diva