• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Overzealous Hosts: Managing Online Advertising for Your Business

In summary, your first month of business was really lonely because your previous host was always calling you. She apologized and sent you a small gift for referrals, but you don't think it was from anything on the internet. You think you should try to recruit her, but it's up to her if she wants to advertise on the internet.
amy07
.......my first month of business I had a really lonely host. She called me several times a day, everyday for the weeks leading up to her show.
Well, this morning I log onto my computer and she sends me an IM, that she has been posting on Myspace bulletins for me!!! :eek: :eek: WHAT?!??!? Of course I tell her to immediately get rid of everything (please tell me it can be done!). I explain that I know that she is just trying to help, but that it is my business to promote and that I can only accept word of mouth referrals. In her defense, I have sent her a small gift (SBRC, or the like) for referrals. They were her SIL and a neighbor, so I feel confident they did not come from anything on the internet.

So, my question is this: How do you let people know to NOT do you a favor of trying to advertise your business (online)? Should I be putting something in my host packet? I need some real suggestions, as I do not want to get in trouble with the PC police!!

Wow Amy, thats just crazy! I dont know what to say. Is this something we could even get in trouble for? If we dont know about it, how can we? good luck though!

It was an honest mistake. I doubt anyone else would do this. Email HO with the IM and your response and let them know you are taking care of it. Have you tried to recruit her?

Just tell her that you really appreciate that she wants to spread the word on your business, but it's company policy that it can't be advertised on the Internet in any form, unless it's a fundraiser that's been approved by HO.Don't put anything in your host packets about it, that isn't necessary.If your past host is really that lonely, you should try to recruit her!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

You did the right thing. Just check back with her and ask if she removed the bulletins. If PC calls you on it just tell them the truth. Or if you choose you can be proactive and contact PC and tell them what you have been made aware of and ask if there's more you should do. (I did that in a similar situation and they were very nice about it.)

As far as in the future: If someone says something about websites or links politely tell them that we are not allowed to be linked. You could put a disclaimer on your email sig saying that it is against PC policy to have the PC website linked.

I did try to recruit her, so that maybe she could have something to focus on. She says she is too shy, and can't afford the kit. Tried the kit credit carrot too. Then I found out that she doesn't have a drivers license - that kind of limits her too!
Guess her outlet is the internet, and unfortunately for me..........

Oh My! I just had to do a past host search to make sure it wasn't my cousin that you were talking about. She lives in VA and doesn't have a DL. She talked about signing last year, but hasn't yet. I was going to feel very betrayed if all of my relatives were out there doing shows with other consultants. JK! :rolleyes:

Related to Dealing with Overzealous Hosts: Managing Online Advertising for Your Business

1. What is "Oh, I Feel Sick....." and how does it work?

"Oh, I Feel Sick....." is a product from Pampered Chef that helps alleviate nausea and stomach discomfort. It works by combining essential oils and natural herbs that have been known to soothe the stomach and reduce feelings of sickness.

2. How do I use "Oh, I Feel Sick....."?

Simply apply a small amount of the product onto your wrists or temples and inhale deeply. You can also rub it onto your stomach or use it as a compress on your forehead for added relief.

3. Is "Oh, I Feel Sick....." safe for children?

Yes, "Oh, I Feel Sick....." is made with natural ingredients and is safe for children. However, we recommend consulting with a pediatrician before using it on children under the age of 2.

4. Can "Oh, I Feel Sick....." be used for motion sickness?

Yes, "Oh, I Feel Sick....." can be used for motion sickness. Simply apply it before your travel or at the first sign of motion sickness for best results.

5. How long does the relief last with "Oh, I Feel Sick....."?

The duration of relief may vary for each individual, but most users report feeling relief for 1-2 hours after application. You can reapply as needed for continued relief.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NewtoMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kdangel518