• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Kids at Shows: Tips for a Successful Demo and Brunch Event

In summary, the host of tomorrow's brunch show said that it is okay for guests to bring their kids. This will be a huge disruption at the show and the children will be disruptive.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My host for tomorrow's brunch show just posted on her FB event page that it was okay for guests to bring their kids.

I cannot think of a way to keep this from happening. I know some people don't mind having kids at their shows, but I don't really care for it, and from what I can gather, the count of kids who will be there right now is in the 8-9 range...and all under the age of 6. (they all are in preschool/daycare together)
I KNOW how disruptive this will be. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's show now. We're making BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the DCB, and Apple Berry Salsa, and I've been sick for two weeks, and was up all night last night coughing...and I really am not into modifying my demo now to accommodate a bunch of preschoolers.

That's it. I don't really need any advice or anything - just needed to get that out of my system a little.

Don't you wish that you could tell your host at the end of her show, when she is complaining about how low the sales are, etc...don't you wish you could tell her "It's your OWN fault for letting those kids come! People want to get away from their kids ya know."HAHA - I know no one would ever do that...but sometimes you think it. It's mother's day weekend, they want a BREAK from being a mom too! ;)GOOD LUCK!!!

Print out some coloring pages and bring some crayons. Hopefully, the kids can just sit quietly and color......yeah, right! :eyeroll

Teresa LM said:
Print out some coloring pages and bring some crayons. Hopefully, the kids can just sit quietly and color......yeah, right! :eyeroll

That's a really good idea... and I suppose it would be a tax write off because it's for a show... but who wants to go through the hassle of doing that? Although I probably would if I were in the situation.

Not to sound mean, because I am a mom of 2 young kids.... but I don't care for other people's kids, and I certainly don't want them at my shows. And do very best not to take my kids to shows I'm invited to... unless I have no other option.

Gently asked Susie Hostess what she has planned for the kiddies while the adults are Pampered Cheffin'. If she says nothing, suggest the coloring or games for them - in another room with maybe an older child overseeing them.

Or, ask her if she's hired a sitter to watch the kids while the parents at at the show.

I might mention to the host that you saw the invitation on fb which includes children.
Ask her if she has a daughter or friends that might watch them in another room, i.e. throw a movie in, play quiet games, puzzles with them, etc. And you can tell the kids that if they're good, they'll be rewarded with dessert (whatever you happen to have).

I'm thinking the host would be a hero all around if they paid for a sitter for a couple of hours. There must be a young neighborhood girl or relative that could do the job. You might even offer to split it with her if sale top xx $$?

I can totally understand where you're coming from. As a consultant, it's frustrating because the moms won't be paying attention to you (or the catalogs, which would be fine), and the kids will be disrupting your demo and the other guests, too.

As a mom of a toddler, I'm frustrated with invites to events, because I can't go without a sitter, but if I bring him, I don't get to pay attention to anything but him. As much as I love him, and as much as it is a great solution to be able to bring him, deep down I would be happier to be able to go by myself.

I had a show last month, where people could hardly hear me talk there was so much going on - between ALL the kids, women and men there, I could barely get a word in edgewise. There were a couple of people who were right on top of me and asking questions, etc... most of the others didn't really pay attention.

It was an $1100 show, with two bookings and a possible recruit lead! Woot! Soooo...

It could be ok! I agree with you that a BUNCH of kids make it tough to get your message out there, but when life hands you lemons.... (maybe you should take a QSP and make lemonade?? :) )

but when life hands you lemons.... (maybe you should take a QSP and make lemonade?? )
Great idea... have it made ahead of the start of the show
Set your time for 2 - 5 mins and then tell the kids that when the timer goes off someone in the group will get to pump the handle... if they have not been quiet (good) then they don't get to do it
Set the timer at different lengths of time so the kids will not know when it will ring
Maybe get someone else to supervise the timer

I have small kids at my shows all the time and I include them one at a time to help me. I say at the very start of the show that I need them to be my helper and them get them to pull the handle on the MFP etc. I sometimes need to take my granddaughter (3yrs old) with me to talk to recruits or host.... I set the expectations ahead of time... behave like I know you can and then we will do a special playtime that we don't normally do like go to BIG playground instead of the small one.

(((hugs))) sweetie!!! I totally feel for you right now!Teresa, I'd be afraid to do the crayon thing for the fear of so many children all under the age of 2 being unsupervised with crayons! I wouldn't want the host blaming me for what furniture/floor/wall got colored on! As the host, I'd do that in a heartbeat if a bunch of kids were dumped on me at that last minute, but I don't think I'd do it as the consultant in a host's home. Noora, OMG girl, I so hear you! I love my munchkins to death but there are times when I need to leave them with hubby or a friend and just have some adult time! ;)

Oh, I never thought of the wall coloring! Oops! New decorating scheme! You would think that one person, other than the consultant, would be supervising the little brats, um, I mean, darlings, during the show though. If I am expected to be the consultant and babysit at the same time, I am going to need a raise!

Or, call the host and say you saw the item on FB and were wondering what time the sitter was arriving!

At least you know about the kids ahead of time!

I did a show back in Jan and there were about 5 teenagers there, my host had about 18 guests and I made the potato chowder, I did make enough for 2 batches, but when the first batch was done, those darn kids were the first ones to march right over and help themselves so when I made the second batch, the actual guests got theirs, but then those $#^$ kids came back for SECONDS and my host didnt even get to have any!!!!

I felt awkward, like I should be the one to say something to the kids about waiting for the actual BUYING guests to have theirs (not to mention the host) but those kids were old enough to know better and if the host or the kids parents didn't have enough sense to say something about it, who am I? But I was pretty ticked about it.

Geeze, thanks for cooking supper for the starving masses there, ChefSteph! I think you could have mentioned that this was not really intended as a meal but more of a taste test. But, as you said, if the host or parents didn't say anything, who are you to teach those kids proper manners?

chefa said:
Or, call the host and say you saw the item on FB and were wondering what time the sitter was arriving!

that's good!

What can I do to keep kids entertained at the Pampered Chef show?

We understand that having kids at the show can be challenging. We suggest bringing along some quiet activities for them, such as coloring books or small toys. We also have a designated kids' corner with games and toys available for them to play with.

Are kids allowed to participate in the Pampered Chef demonstrations?

For safety reasons, we ask that children do not participate in any of the cooking demonstrations. However, they are welcome to watch and learn from a safe distance.

Do I need to purchase a ticket for my child to attend the Pampered Chef show?

Children under the age of 18 do not need a ticket to attend the show. However, we do ask that they are supervised by an adult at all times.

Can I bring my baby to the Pampered Chef show?

Yes, babies are welcome at our shows. We ask that they are kept in a stroller or carrier during the demonstration for their safety and the safety of others.

Is there a designated area for breastfeeding at the Pampered Chef show?

Yes, we have a designated nursing area available for mothers who need privacy to breastfeed or pump during the show. Please ask one of our staff members for assistance in locating this area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniehay22
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melaniehay22
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies