• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Must-Have Trifle Bowl: Book Now and Boost Your Bookings!

In summary, the Trifle Bowl was a huge hit at a recent brunch event where only 6 people were in attendance. There were 3 bookings for the bowl and the advice is to start showing it now for more bookings. The hostess for the brunch event also loved the bowl and has already sent out emails and received $300 in orders. It is a versatile product that can be used for cooking, as well as for other purposes like holding candles or flowers. It is also a popular item for host specials and has received positive reactions from show guests.
pkd09
Silver Member
I was planning to really show off the Trifle Bowl in March but decided to see reactions to it at a Brunch I was doing this morning. I spoke to the Host last night and she said "why not". We decided just to layer fresh fruit. It was a HUGE HIT!!! There were only 6 people at the show this morning (weather got bad again) but ... 3 BOOKINGS ... they all want that bowl. My advice is not to wait until March when it is available for sale. DO IT NOW and watch the bookings flow. I have another show tomorrow and Monday and showing it both times. Thank you to all (especially Harriet) for posting recipes for it. :)

For the first time I showed it last night and today. Last night there were only 8 guests. I left with 3 cooking shows, a bridal show (& registry), a HWC fundraiser and sales are $594! Today we were hit with snow and my host only had 3 guests show up. I have booked 2 cooking shows, there is a strong maybe cooking show, a catalog show from someone that called saying she couldn't make it and sales are $520 so far! Plus, both hostesses have a lot of people who want to order! Whoo Hoo!!

I am working on the first to recruit. The second already said no. That's okay...I'll take those shows!

Is the Trifle Bowl magic? Or what?

Last edited:
Not for me yet! I did a show last week and brought the bowl and no reactions at all really! I thought they were crazy! Hopefully at the rest of my shows I have more of a reaction like yours!!

I have a March catty host that wanted her materials early. She loved seeing the bowl just on the catalog cover so much that she already sent all her emails and has $300 in orders! I definitely plan to make something in it for my open house.

I really and truly think it is a product that people on the most part are going to jump up and say I want it! I love that the pedestal is separate so it takes less space in the refrigerator and absolutely love that it comes with a cover! The ones in the stores don't! And the way that you can use it for so many things even for those who don't "cook" can use it for candles, flowers, and so much more.

Plus all of the recipe ideas!!!!!!! I understand there are salads we can make in there too for big crowds.

It's a product just about everyone can use!

Let's sell away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree to start showing it now to get bookings! Don't forget it's the April Host special too!

heat123 said:
Not for me yet! I did a show last week and brought the bowl and no reactions at all really! I thought they were crazy! Hopefully at the rest of my shows I have more of a reaction like yours!!

Heather:

When you showed it did people know what they could do with it? Did you have anything in it or just as it is? Just curious. I wonder what was going through your show guests minds?

pkd09 said:
I was planning to really show off the Trifle Bowl in March but decided to see reactions to it at a Brunch I was doing this morning. I spoke to the Host last night and she said "why not". We decided just to layer fresh fruit. It was a HUGE HIT!!! There were only 6 people at the show this morning (weather got bad again) but ... 3 BOOKINGS ... they all want that bowl. My advice is not to wait until March when it is available for sale. DO IT NOW and watch the bookings flow. I have another show tomorrow and Monday and showing it both times. Thank you to all (especially Harriet) for posting recipes for it. :)

It was my pleasure to put the booklet together. I only wish I could have made it with an index--maybe down the road. Right now I need a break from it if you know what I mean.

I am so happy that you got the response you did. Just imagine if you had a bigger crowd at the party!

Chefgirl2 said:
For the first time I showed it last night and today. Last night there were only 8 guests. I left with 3 cooking shows, a bridal show (& registry), a HWC fundraiser and sales are $594! Today we were hit with snow and my host only had 3 guests show up. I have booked 2 cooking shows, there is a strong maybe cooking show, a catalog show from someone that called saying she couldn't make it and sales are $520 so far! Plus, both hostesses have a lot of people who want to order! Whoo Hoo!!

I am working on the first to recruit. The second already said no. That's okay...I'll take those shows!

That is awesome, Elaine!!!!!!!!:)

I think it helped having food in it and we brought it out as a surprise. Lots of oohs and ahhs. I then passed around the display card picture of the Trifle Bowl we received from HO showing the fruit and floral arrangement ideas. I am transporting it to shows in my cookware bags. I put the base in the small one, put that in the bowl, put the lid on and store all of it in the larger cookware bag. It works really well. Tomorrow's show the hosts daughter (12 YOA) is going to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Trifle. I plan on working the "Mom and Daughers" Theme show with this one, on Monday we are doing the Raspberry Chocolate Trifle with the Microwave Quick Turkey Chili. I know ... weird combo ... but that's what she wants. Push the idea of the multi uses and they love it. I am going to highlight it at my March shows giving all that purchase one the packet of Harriet's recipes. Remember...Easter is April 8 ... would look great on anyone's family table.

Sounds wonderful pkd9 ! Don't forget to change my info to yours on the booklet--I wouldn't want to take customers away from you!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder about Easter! Yes, it would be a great addition for anyone's table!!!!!!!!!

Yes I love that it's so much different from others with the base and lid. I took my old wally world one to work now where it is serving as a fruit bowl in lieu of my candy dish!

I missed it, where's the book of recipes??Harriet,

Help, I want the recipes.

Thanks,
Lisa

I am bringing is as a spring preview piece for a bridal show but putting food in it during a 5 hours show is going to be tricky - Any ideas? I did get a display card to show off what you can do with it

Trifle Bowl Recipes
Lisa/ChefBear said:
Harriet,

Help, I want the recipes.

Thanks,
Lisa

Here's my big booklet Lisa. If you go to Recipe Tips you'll find my thread on Trifle Bowl Recipes from your Pampered Chef Consultant. Bee made mine smaller and took out the pictures I put in and made an index. I didn't attach that but you will find it there too.

Attachments

• TRIFLE BOWL RECIPES FROM YOUR PAMPERED CHEF.doc
    505.5 KB · Views: 663
Kathytnt said:
I am bringing is as a spring preview piece for a bridal show but putting food in it during a 5 hours show is going to be tricky - Any ideas? I did get a display card to show off what you can do with it

I brought this to BUNCO last Friday... and since my friends had challenged me to NOT cook (because I really didn't have time to do it...) I took M&Ms and separated out colors (while watching TV Thursday night) and layered them in the bowl... everyone loved it!!!! It made a beautiful "centerpiece" to the food table....

Thanks for adding more recipes Harriet! Crazy to see how many there are!;)

Chefgirl2 said:

How do you do it? How do you get people to book shows?? I am at a loss. I am at the point where I beg people and feel bad about it. I just don't have the knack. At my shows, I try to be informative and fun, but at the end when I get the prize slips, I don't even have a maybe. I can't figure what I am doing wrong. I have talked to my Director about it, but I want your's and other's opinions.........please. I am dying here.
On a happier note, I got my Trifle Bowl today along with the sample package I ordered, and I am totally excited about showing everything off. My mom came over and helped me open the boxes and go through everything. She was just as excited as me, and kept asking "what does this do" and she LOVED the Trifle Bowl. That one is going to be a big seller.
Any suggestions on getting people to book would be greatly appreciated and helpful.
Thanks so much!

Linda Bishop
Independent Consultant

Kathytnt said:

How about layering different candy in it? Maybe one layer of wrapped Hershey kisses, then a layer of wrapped mints (they sell bags of Lifesavers individually wrapped), then keep layering with different candy, and on the top put M&M's or something like that.....I think that would look good!

Last edited:
Not to state the obvious, but do you ask? Not jsut on the drawing slip, but to each individual person? I wasn't at first and always had no checked on the drawing slips, now I don't even look at those until I get home. I just ask each person as they are checking out. I say, I have my calendar right here so what day would you like to get your friends together for a cooking show at your house or (if they look really startled I finish by saying) or would you rather just show a catalog to collect orders? People on the fence are usually more hesitant to answer and I know I can persuade them to at least have a catty show. Those people who would never host just say no. When they do say no I just say okay, would you like a free recipe card to take home with you today? and that's it.
It has been working fairly well for me.

I was taught to look at the slips before taking orders and then if they checked maybe or yes to talk to those people. I have just been going about this thing the wrong way. I will take your advice to heart and just ask when they place their order and not look at the slips until the show is over.
Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

Another tactic I've heard is to say...."I haven't had a chance to look over the slips very closely. Where you one of the people that were interested in having a show?"

I need to get back to just asking everyone. I want more bookings.

lbishop - I was doing the same thing, but yesterday at my show I asked EVERYONE. I walked away with 3 cooking shows, 2 catalog shows, 2 maybes and a possible recruit. The 2 maybes said "maybe, but call me on monday and we'll see" so I'm sure they'll book - especially when I tell them that their host received over $120 in free product! When I looked at my drawing slips, the 2 maybes had circled NO - so it's definitely worth it to ask everyone! My director, who has 8 girls working for her said I'm the only one that circled YES for the opportunity on her drawing slip. The rest were NOs. Can you imagine if she'd never asked any of them? Sometimes no means "not right now" so if they say no, say "Not now, or not ever?" most of the time it's going to be "not now" and it gives you an opportunity to follow up in a couple of months.Wow, sorry to blabber, especially since on Thursday I was crying to everyone here for help with bookings. Yesterday's show really opened my eyes!

I love the idea of layering candy.

pkd09 said:
I love the idea of layering candy.

Yeah, that's SUCH a good idea!! That way it's a one-time investment and you can take it to multiple shows without making a new recipe each time.

Winnipegk said:
Yeah, that's SUCH a good idea!! That way it's a one-time investment and you can take it to multiple shows without making a new recipe each time.

You know...they sell the individual colors in bags. I have seen them at Linens & Things. I bought the pretty pink ones last year for HWC! For me personally, I would go this route before sifting through a bunch of M&Ms. But that's me;)

Winnipegk said:
lbishop - I was doing the same thing, but yesterday at my show I asked EVERYONE. I walked away with 3 cooking shows, 2 catalog shows, 2 maybes and a possible recruit. The 2 maybes said "maybe, but call me on monday and we'll see" so I'm sure they'll book - especially when I tell them that their host received over $120 in free product! When I looked at my drawing slips, the 2 maybes had circled NO - so it's definitely worth it to ask everyone!

My director, who has 8 girls working for her said I'm the only one that circled YES for the opportunity on her drawing slip. The rest were NOs. Can you imagine if she'd never asked any of them?

Sometimes no means "not right now" so if they say no, say "Not now, or not ever?" most of the time it's going to be "not now" and it gives you an opportunity to follow up in a couple of months.

Wow, sorry to blabber, especially since on Thursday I was crying to everyone here for help with bookings. Yesterday's show really opened my eyes!

This is why I don't even bother with Drawing Slips any longer. People will write down one thing yet mean another. It is a waste of time because you still have to ask everyone. I gave up the drawing slips EXCEPT for booths and fairs.

pamperedharriet said:
Heather:

When you showed it did people know what they could do with it? Did you have anything in it or just as it is? Just curious. I wonder what was going through your show guests minds?
I had a dessert in it, I showed the lid and the pedastal feature but no ooohs and ahhs like I thought I would get? I didn't explain the decorative features of it though, so maybe next time I will and use the display card so they can see it in multiuses.

PampMomof3 said:
Thanks for adding more recipes Harriet! Crazy to see how many there are!;)

Your welcome, Kristi. Are you feeling any better today?

I'm sure there are more recipes but I think we have a good selection to tell people about.

Harriett -- thanks so much for that booklet of recipes. Question though...would anyone like to put together something with layered salads and such that we can use the trifle bowl for? I'd love to see that, but I don't know where to start. Obvioulsy, I prefer more PC recipes, but I know there probably aren't too many. Anyone? TIA

lbishop said:
I was taught to look at the slips before taking orders and then if they checked maybe or yes to talk to those people. I have just been going about this thing the wrong way. I will take your advice to heart and just ask when they place their order and not look at the slips until the show is over.
Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

I would say that at least 50% of my bookings are people who checked no....and the other 50% checked maybe....okay, that might be exaggerating a little , but not much! When I stopped looking at the slips, and started just asking each person when they checked out - my bookings soared. I use the " 3 Pile System" for check out.
1st pile - booking info
2nd pile - recruiting info
3rd pile - recipe to hand out
When each guest checks out (and I set up check out in a separate room), I go over their order, ask them if they had any questions about product etc...., then ask if they had a good time, enjoyed the food, compliment them on a good tip or question they asked. Give them their total, ask them if they would like to round up, and then ask them if they would like more info about hosting their own show.....then ask if they would like more info about doing what I do...and then give them their recipe, thank them for coming, and say "please feel free to give me a call or email if there is anything else you need, and I will be checking with you in a few weeks to make sure you are happy with your products."
It's not pushy - it ends on an upbeat note, and I get bookings every time!

Awesome tips Becky thanks I will have to try this next time!

ChefBeckyD said:
I would say that at least 50% of my bookings are people who checked no....and the other 50% checked maybe....okay, that might be exaggerating a little , but not much! When I stopped looking at the slips, and started just asking each person when they checked out - my bookings soared. I use the " 3 Pile System" for check out.
1st pile - booking info
2nd pile - recruiting info
3rd pile - recipe to hand out
When each guest checks out (and I set up check out in a separate room), I go over their order, ask them if they had any questions about product etc...., then ask if they had a good time, enjoyed the food, compliment them on a good tip or question they asked. Give them their total, ask them if they would like to round up, and then ask them if they would like more info about hosting their own show.....then ask if they would like more info about doing what I do...and then give them their recipe, thank them for coming, and say "please feel free to give me a call or email if there is anything else you need, and I will be checking with you in a few weeks to make sure you are happy with your products."
It's not pushy - it ends on an upbeat note, and I get bookings every time!
BTW, what info sheets do you give for Hosting and Recruiting?
TIA!

I took the Black Forest Trifle to my Saturday show. Big hit!!!! That's the recipe I'm doing for the rest of February, all of March, and probably part of April.

I did the choc. toffee trifle, YUMMMs!!!

Bookings replyI am so excited about our products, our warranty, customer service and I know the support from Pampered Chef is amazing! I think that having fun, giving lots of food tips, and especially host coaching for future bookings is why I am getting the bookings. At today's show no one checked yes, but I ended up with two March bookings and one that I need to call tonight to get the date. I did the tip given earlier of "Are you one that said you want to have a show?"

I have had people on my team struggle with bookings. I have struggled with booking, sales and recruiting at different times. I think people can sense our desperation. When it happens I listen to CD's on whatever needs improvement. You can find them on your paperwork/supply list. In fact, I listened to "How to have a show with WOW" on the way to my show today.

We have the best host benefits of any show. If coached right our host rake in the free products! Our products are actually worth what they are marked. You won't find our quality any cheaper. If you really believe this, like I do, then practice how you are going to "Sell the Sizzle." I learned not to say "will you have a show or why wdon't you have a show?" It's "You are Fun! You ought to have a show because I can tell you will be a great host." I also found a lot of people want to socialise and this is a great reason to get everyone together. When I went on and on about all they would get free I think it embarassed a lot of people. It's a fine line we walk.

Now, when I host coach I have her make a huge wish list first. Next we work on a guest list. Then I tell her we are going to work on marketing her show that will get her friends excited! She can't say "I have to have a show." It is "Guess what? I'm having a Pampered Chef Show on ____! I love their products and _______is on (the) sale in _____! Can you come?

I do the 3 call system.

I always do a theme. Any recipe is a theme. Just add a fancy title to it.

I hope this helps, Elaine

heat123 said:
BTW, what info sheets do you give for Hosting and Recruiting?
TIA!

For Hosting, I always have a few of the Host Benefit sheets from the supply order - but I also have Host Packets, and it's my goal to give those out. For the Recruiting, I have the info from Supply order - the basic flyer, and the Super Starter benefits flyer....and this week I am adding the DVD too... When I give this info, I also make sure I let them know I will call them in a day or 2, and get the best time to call them.

HTH - I got this system from observing a show done by a successful director, and was amazed at the interest it generated, w/o being pushy or uncomfortable.

I'm glad it's working for you! I have shown my Trifle bowl at two shows and got no response!! I couldn't believe it!! I was so excited that I found out that I earned it and here no one is responding to it. Must just be me!

Winnipegk said:

Exactly! And if you need to make a recipe in it, you can take the candy out and save it for the next time.....

Right now I am using it as a decor piece, added lemons to it (we have a lemon tree full) and will take it to shows to show it's versitility!

heat123 said:
Right now I am using it as a decor piece, added lemons to it (we have a lemon tree full) and will take it to shows to show it's versitility!

Aawwww, you are making me miss my old orange tree. I lived in Los Angeles for six years and we had an orange tree in our backyard. It grew the BEST oranges ever!!!

So no citrus in Chicago? You can have my lemon tree, it just gets full and the fruit just rots or the tree splits in half from the weight of the lemons- LOL! We end up giving it all away to freinds and family or anyone who comes by to ask if they can pick em!

No citrus trees anyway. And the oranges I can buy at the grocery store are gross in comparison.

SIL sent us some from FL for Christmas, but it wasn't the same.

I did a Mardi Gras show tonight and took the bowl as a teaser. The host had tons of beads and coins that she put in it and it looked AWESOME in the middle of the table. The necklaces were draped over the edge just spilling out. Looked great! I think strands of fake pearls and maybe some silk roses or rose petals would look gorgeous for a wedding shower.

I just happened to think..
pamperedharriet said:
I really and truly think it is a product that people on the most part are going to jump up and say I want it! I love that the pedestal is separate so it takes less space in the refrigerator and absolutely love that it comes with a cover! The ones in the stores don't! And the way that you can use it for so many things even for those who don't "cook" can use it for candles, flowers, and so much more.

Plus all of the recipe ideas!!!!!!! I understand there are salads we can make in there too for big crowds.

It's a product just about everyone can use!

Let's sell away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree to start showing it now to get bookings! Don't forget it's the April Host special too!

Remember the recipes that were done in flower pots? Choc pudding for the dirt, different stuff made in a flower pot, why not make something similar in the trifle bowl? I definately will need help/ideas for this though.

liz

Christy great idea on Mardi Gras. The possibilities are endless. I made the Chocolate Raspberry Trifle last night - fabulous. Got 2 bookings. Love that bowl!!!!

Paula Deen did her Chocolate Toffee Trifle this morning - I was drooooooooling

Related to Discover the Must-Have Trifle Bowl: Book Now and Boost Your Bookings!

1. What is the "Discover the Must-Have Trifle Bowl" promotion all about?

The "Discover the Must-Have Trifle Bowl" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where you can book a party in March and receive the new Trifle Bowl as a host bonus. This promotion is designed to help boost your bookings and increase sales for your business.

2. When will the Trifle Bowl be available for purchase?

The Trifle Bowl will be available for purchase in March. However, we recommend booking a party now to take advantage of the host bonus and get your hands on the Trifle Bowl before it's available for sale.

3. How can I use the Trifle Bowl to showcase it at my parties?

There are so many ways to showcase the Trifle Bowl at your parties! You can use it to create delicious layered desserts, salads, dips, and more. You can also use it as a centerpiece or serving dish for your party spread. The possibilities are endless!

4. How did the Trifle Bowl perform at the recent brunch event?

The Trifle Bowl was a huge hit at the brunch event! Despite the small turnout due to bad weather, the host was able to book 3 parties from just 6 guests. The guests were also very excited about the Trifle Bowl and expressed interest in purchasing it.

5. Do you have any tips for utilizing the Trifle Bowl to boost bookings?

Absolutely! We recommend showcasing the Trifle Bowl at your parties as soon as possible, even before it's available for sale. This will create buzz and generate interest among your guests. You can also use it to create delicious and visually appealing dishes that will leave a lasting impression on your guests. Don't forget to share recipes and tips for using the Trifle Bowl with your guests as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chefgirl2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies