• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Request: Kid-Oriented Show Idea for Upcoming Event - What Should I Do?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is planning to have a show at the end of February and is considering doing a kid-oriented show. The host is wondering if the consultant thinks it's a good idea, as many of the guests have children who are old enough to cook. The consultant has never done a "Kids in the Kitchen" show before and is unsure how to approach it, especially since not all guests will have children. The consultant suggests doing two shows, one for kids and one for adults, or having the kids assist in the regular show. The host likes the idea of involving the kids and suggests making pizza with various products. The consultant agrees that it could be beneficial for sales and suggests having the kids help while the
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a regular host, who is on the verge of signing as a consultant....as soon as her DH finishes school, and can be home at night w/ the kids! She has a show the end of Feb. and just sent me this email:Just getting the list finished. I was wondering what you think about doing a kid-oriented show? Many of the ladies I’m inviting have children old enough to cook light meals and I thought it’d be fun to let them be part of the show. Cloie would probably be the youngest with 3-4 others around 10 or 11 years old.Totally up to you. I’ve got a good size list this time with some new faces I’m hoping to entice into coming.Now - I have never done, nor had the desire to do a "Kids in The Kitchen" show.....and I KNOW for a fact that some of the people who come to her show won't be bringing kids (don't have kids)....what should I do? how should I approach it with her? My DH's comment was "I thought you were there to sell kitchen stuff - how is entertaining the kids going to do that?"She has been one of my best hosts and customers for a long time, and I can trace alot of my success to her shows - so I want to do what is right - for her and for me!

Last edited:
Since there will be people without kids, suggest doing two shows. One as a Mommy and Me/Kids in the Kitchen on a Saturday morning. Then, that night you can do another theme party, maybe Couples or Death by Chocolate. Or, you can space the parties over a few weeks.

Depending on how many kids are there, you could have them be your "assistants". That way it would show the guests that are parents how kid friendly things are, but at teh same time, it's not geared just for kids. Do the show as planned, with whatever recipe you had originally planned on doing, just have the kids take part in it to help you out. It seems like most of them would be old enough, and if there are any young ones, like 3-5 years old, have them do little things like stir something or hand you a spice or something like that. You could also have the little kids bring a pack of playdough and use the baker's roller and bar board while you are doing your show.

Let them fix something for themselves while you supervise and talk about the great products. Maybe do a pizza! What kid doesn't love pizza? Here are jobs they could do:
Roll out dough with Baker's Roller on Stoneware
Grate cheese with Deluxe Cheese Grater
Slice zucchini with the Mandoline
Chop Broccoli with Chopper
Mix sauce with Mix 'N Scraper in Batter Bowl
Slice olives/mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus

I think they're old enough that they can really enjoy it and the moms will really be happy for them to learn how to help in the kitchen! It's not like they're 3 and have no attention span. You could also cut up and prep the ingredients for the moms to see and the kids could assemble their own individual pizzas while the moms chat and order

I like the pizza idea. Letting these kids get their hands on products could be great for your sales! Whenever I have had a child assist (which I do if they are at this same age and want to be at the show) they sell the products to Mom. They just love them. I agree with not making it kid themed though unless all of the guests were bringing children.

1. What are the best products to feature in a kid-oriented show?

Some of our top products for a kid-oriented show include our Kid's Cookie Baking Set, Kid's Pizza Making Set, and our Emoji Cookie Cutter Set. These products are not only fun for kids to use, but also promote hands-on learning and creativity in the kitchen.

2. How can I make the show interactive and engaging for kids?

There are many ways to make the show interactive and engaging for kids. You can have them participate in making a recipe, play games related to cooking, or have them help with product demonstrations. You can also incorporate fun educational facts about cooking and nutrition throughout the show.

3. Are there any special discounts or promotions for hosting a kid-oriented show?

Yes, we offer special discounts and promotions for hosting a kid-oriented show. These can include free products, discounted items, or even exclusive bundles. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information about the current offers available for hosting a show.

4. Can I customize the show to fit a specific theme or age group?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to tailor the show to fit your specific needs and preferences. Whether you want to focus on a certain age group or incorporate a specific theme, we can work with you to create a unique and memorable experience for your guests.

5. How can I involve the kids' parents in the show?

One idea is to have the parents assist the kids in making a recipe or playing a game. This not only encourages family bonding, but also allows the parents to see the benefits and fun of cooking with their children. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for parents who attend the show and make purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies