• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Eventful Demo Night with Laughter & Bookings - A Recap of One of Those Shows

In summary, Becky's show tonight was very unsuccessful. There were probably 18 women there - not really sure, I stopped counting, and some of them came and went without ever sitting or ordering. They were all drinking as soon as they got there, and the host had a whole spread of food on the counter - so of course, even when they came into the room where the show was being held, they were just raving about the dips, and chocolate fountain in the other room. After the show, I was laughing about the rowdy group with the host, and she said that it was a group of women who don't
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So tonight was "one of those shows". There were probably 18 women there - not really sure, I stopped counting, and some of them came and went without ever sitting or ordering. They were all drinking as soon as they got there, and the host had a whole spread of food on the counter - so of course, even when they came into the room where the show was being held, they were just raving about the dips, and chocolate fountain in the other room. :rolleyes:

They never stopped talking ~ I had a few peoples attention at various times, but never for more than a couple minutes at a time - and the daughter of the host (I didn't know about this before the show!) makes jewelry, and they had a display table of her jewelry sitting right next to the table where I was doing the demo. So, people were getting up and checking out the jewelry in the middle of my demo.

The hosts microwave looked like it would be fine for the 30 minute chicken - but it must have been a 600 watt micro or something, because it was a 3.5 lb chicken, and it still wasn't done after 45 minutes!:eek: :yuck:

I got ONE drawing slip turned in - even after announcing several times that I would be doing the drawing.....

Out of the thousand people there, 8 orders were placed, and the show is at $240 in sales.....but, I got 2 bookings!

After the show, I was laughing about the rowdy group with the host, and she said that it was a group of women who don't have a chance to get out without their kids much, so they just sort of cut loose when they get a chance. She told me she had a BeautiControl party a few months back, where the consultant started shushing them ~ no one bought anything, and no one booked....so she thought my show was a huge success. She did say that several people told her they would call her tomorrow with their orders, so maybe the sales will still happen.

Soooooo, it was quite the evening - and I came home exhausted.....going to bed now!

indifferent0020.gif
ETA: That ^ was a comment on you being tired, not from reading about your show.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the hosts gets lots and lots of outside orders for you Becky.

I had one of those myself back in January. The show ended up at about $700. I hope you will have great results too. They also appreciated the fact I didn't try to make them shut up!

Glad you made it work in the end Becky.I've had customers and hosts THANK me immensely for letting them socialize without shushing them. I find that if you don't do it, and just work it in to the show, they are respectful. My last show I could tell was going to be like that so I started the demo, then we started to do introductions DURING the show. After the first person, I'd explain what I was doing just briefly, then I'd have the next person talk, then I'd explain a tool, and on and on. It got to be a good routine. They'd laugh and talk then purposely stop between people to catch up with me and be very quiet.I had 3 of the guests specifically tell me it was the most fun they've had at a show and hope to see me again. :)...just work it in and have fun!

Good for you! You handled yourself really well. I usually keep talking and don't worry about it. I had one show were a guest actually piped up to tell everyone that I was talking - she got an extra ticket for the drawing!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
indifferent0020.gif

Way to catch that...it would have been totally misinterpreted. :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
indifferent0020.gif

I got it the first time - she was going to bed...

Hey Becky!

Did I go to high school with this host? :)

Actually, all of my shows are like that...mostly because I either do them for my mom & her friends, or people I work with. I've never had a show under $500 and everyone always thanks me for not benig pushy and formal. My most successful shows are when I highlight the new stuff (since these people have shows for me like once every season), make some food, and then socialize with them. Honestly, I think I have as much fun as they do :)

I've been to one of Becky's shows....they're a lot of fun!

(((HUGS))), Becky - I hope you got some rest after that! I have had quite a few shows like that, myself. They are definitely exhausting, but if you play it right, you can get tons of repeat business from that circle. They really do like to party, and they will order from you, especially if you're not "shushing" them like other direct sales people may be tempted to. Act like part of the crowd and you'll have as much fun as they do (like Jean does!).I just had my host for this Saturday tell me that she loves to party and she hopes I have as much fun as everyone else at her show - how cool! If I have to work on a Saturday night, I might as well be having fun at the same time, right? Glad my host agrees!! :D

Good for you for rolling with the punches.

That sounds just like my first show! I ended up getting over $400 in sales, but it was really uncomfortable; and I was already nervous. Way to go for getting orders and having a positive attitude.

So glad to hear that I am not the only one that has shows like that (well, when I do have shows...........March is EMPTY!!!).

Well that sounds like it can still be a great show. Let us know what it closes at. :) Great tips for my "high-school" reunion style show I have this weekend. I'll remember not to shush them!

It kinda stinks that you only got one drawing slip, but they were obviously having too good a time to worry about a prize. Hopefully a bunch of them will order and will include all their info on those. Way to go on handling it, and I hope you get much repeat business from them!

KG - I totally understood what you meant!JEAN - Funny thing is, you might have gone to school with this host - Kim was invited, but couldn't come - it was a show booked from a show booked from her show. (does that make sense?:D )Thanks everyone for listening ~ Just needed to get it out. I'm still shaking my head and laughing.....a few more things that came up as I was telling DH about it last night.....
someone spilled a whole bottle of beer on my demo table while I was doing the demo.....and then mopped it all up with my microfiber towel, so I have to wash that this morning. (the smell of beer gags me. :yuck: )An hour before I arrived, the hosts DH finished putting a coat of polyuerethane (sp?) on the floor of their dining room - the smell was overwhelming, and gave me a migraine headache! (that was some great timing, huh? "Let's see....we have guests coming in a hour - lets pour some noxious chemicals on the floor!")There will probably be more things I think of as I go through the day .(I'll spare you those, though) I have to say, it was the craziest show in my 5 year career with PC - but, at least it qualifies as a show (my 3rd of the month, to get the table cloth!) AND I did get 2 bookings.....so I guess I can consider it a success.:thumbup: And ADDIE - the host told me after the show that when the consultant started Shushing them, it made them even worse! They thought it was hilarious that this "girl" (she was young) was shushing them - and it just fed the fire! After hearing that, I was really glad that my response to them was "Let me finish up here, because I know you all want to chat and catch up with each other".

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
KG - I totally understood what you meant!

JEAN - Funny thing is, you might have gone to school with this host - Kim was invited, but couldn't come - it was a show booked from a show booked from her show. (does that make sense?:D )

Thanks everyone for listening ~ Just needed to get it out. I'm still shaking my head and laughing.....a few more things that came up as I was telling DH about it last night.....
someone spilled a whole bottle of beer on my demo table while I was doing the demo.....and then mopped it all up with my microfiber towel, so I have to wash that this morning. (the smell of beer gags me. :yuck: )

An hour before I arrived, the hosts DH finished putting a coat of polyuerethane (sp?) on the floor of their dining room - the smell was overwhelming, and gave me a migraine headache! (that was some great timing, huh? "Let's see....we have guests coming in a hour - lets pour some noxious chemicals on the floor!")

There will probably be more things I think of as I go through the day .(I'll spare you those, though) I have to say, it was the craziest show in my 5 year career with PC - but, at least it qualifies as a show (my 3rd of the month, to get the table cloth!) AND I did get 2 bookings.....so I guess I can consider it a success.:thumbup:

And ADDIE - the host told me after the show that when the consultant started Shushing them, it made them even worse! They thought it was hilarious that this "girl" (she was young) was shushing them - and it just feed the fire! After hearing that, I was really glad that my response to them was "Let me finish up here, because I know you all want to chat and catch up with each other".
I've heard of a lot of different things that consultants try to do to make people be quiet but they all seemed really pushy and inconsiderate of the consultant to do that (flicking the light switch, shushing them, etc). It bites when guests don't want to pay attention but that's not your fault. I feel worse for the people that may have been trying to pay attention but couldn't because of the commotion.

UPDATE (sort of)Just talked to my host for tonight - she was at the "one of those shows" party last week....She let me know that about 20 women will be there tonight, and some of them are the same group.:eek: However....she said she won't be putting alcohol in the Mojitos tonight, because several are bringing their children, so can we just make a double batch for the kids to drink too? ( just love the thought of adding a bunch of kids to this crowd!)I'm getting a bad feeling about this. So bad, that I've just made up the Greek Cheese Torta that I was supposed to do for the demo. I guess the Mojito drink shows quite a few tools - and that can be the demo.
20 Crazy Women - I think I'll keep it short and sweet!

You will do fine tonight. You are experienced now! Just have fun. Linda

Good luck Becky - you'll do great, just have fun and roll with it rather than getting tense in the chaos!

Let us know how it goes!

Do u know how old the kids are? Maybe you could take some crayons and coloring sheets for them.

This crown sounds like they might do good with an interactive show. Then they could talk while they cooked and you listened, ha!

I had a Premier Jewelry consulant tell my mom and the host whose house we were in to be quiet during a show. They were whispering and no one else could even here them. I would love for some of my guest to talk taht quielty!

jrstephens said:
Let us know how it goes!

Do u know how old the kids are? Maybe you could take some crayons and coloring sheets for them.

This crown sounds like they might do good with an interactive show. Then they could talk while they cooked and you listened, ha!

I had a Premier Jewelry consulant tell my mom and the host whose house we were in to be quiet during a show. They were whispering and no one else could even here them. I would love for some of my guest to talk taht quielty!

This group had absolutely no interest in anything I was doing.....I did try to get some involved - but the only one who tried anything at all was the host....they ignored her too.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna try punch out the most important things in the first 10 minutes - and we'll see how it goes from there. If they seem to be responding, then I'll continue.

Ooh, you HAVE to update us when you return!

So I'm back!Well, it wasn't like last weeks show - it was still total chaos....only this time, alot of the conversations were in Italian, so I had no idea if they were talking about the product, or just talking!:D They were talking about the product at least some of the time. I did the Greek Torta ahead, and had the host give me her ingredients in trade....she was still really wanting a dessert - but not chocolate, since several of the guests had given it up for Lent - so we settled on the Pina Colada Cake....WOW! what a hit that was! I'm glad I decided to do it. Even in Italian, I could tell they were impressed! Ooohhhs and Ahhhhs translate very well!;)
There were about 20 people there, but only about 8 ordered (again) but this time, several of them actually told me they were going to call the host tomorrow with their order. I think some of them needed to take longer - because English is a 2nd language - so that is fine. I have one booking for April - but was told that they tend to do it that way, to spread the love - they were already planning who would book from the April Show, and then from the next....etc.....
So right now at $300 in sales (but I see that going much higher) and one booking - but it sounds like I'm IN with this group! The host chatted with me for a while after the show about the opportunity - but she has been badly burned by an experience with the pink cadillac gals, so is hesitant about PC....I think she may come around though!:D So, it was a fun night - and everyone had a good time - and I got a bunch of drawing slips turned in this time!:thumbup:

Thanks for the update. Glad it went well. My host for tomorrow night just called me about a 1/2 hour ago (10:33!) because she couldn't find the ingredient list. Her dh cleaned a little too much. lol. But I asked her how many people were coming and she said 10-12. Hoping for that, but was surprised to hear it. So if 1/2 of that shows up, I'll be impressed. She's the host w/o minutes on her phone. She called Saturday, and the most recent phone problem was she ran over it with her car! So, now she has a phone again. Good. Hoping for a recruit and if not, then a few bookings.

it was still total chaos....only this time, alot of the conversations were in Italian

Too funny! (I'm laughing with you, not at you.) Sounds like a fun group and that they like you.

1. What is a "One of Those Shows"?

A "One of Those Shows" is a type of cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It is an opportunity for guests to see and try out our products, learn new recipes and kitchen tips, and shop for high-quality kitchen tools and cookware.

2. How long does a "One of Those Shows" typically last?

A "One of Those Shows" usually lasts about 2 hours. This includes time for the cooking demonstration, product presentation, and ordering process. However, the exact length may vary depending on the number of guests and their level of participation.

3. Is there a cost to attend a "One of Those Shows"?

No, there is no cost to attend a "One of Those Shows". It is completely free for guests to come and enjoy the cooking demonstration, learn about our products, and shop for any items they are interested in purchasing.

4. Are there any special offers or discounts at a "One of Those Shows"?

Yes, there are often special offers and discounts available exclusively for guests at a "One of Those Shows". These may include discounted products, free gifts with purchase, or special bundles. Your consultant will provide more information about any current promotions at the show.

5. Can I host my own "One of Those Show"?

Absolutely! Hosting a "One of Those Show" is a great way to earn free and discounted products while having fun with your friends and family. Contact your consultant to schedule a show and they will help you plan and prepare for a successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheFreddiesCook
  • MaryannNic