• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh. Can't Wait for School to Start

In summary, Ann's kids were always screaming and getting on her nerves while she was on the phone. She made a commitment to herself to just do it and try to keep them busy while she is on the phone.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, so I get back from my meeting last night pumped up and determined to make something of myself. So I make a list of people I want to call. Now I can't make any calls because the boys are acting like they have lost their minds. DH is sleeping so he is no help and took the only quiet room in the house!!

Shove the boys into the room with Dad. :)

Oh I would never hear the end of that. Especially since he works 3rd shift.

Ugh....I work for a school system....don't rush the summer!! We LOVE the kids, but need to become refreshed!! Heck, my vacation from school was spent going to conference! I work 11 months and am in no way ready for September!!!

Can you hire a teen to bring them to the park to run off some of that energy? How bout a bottle of whiskey...or two bottles...one for you and one for the kids?!?!?!:eek:

Hang in there...I can't imagine your frustration!

Leslie,
I sooooo hear ya!!!

I had a msg from another DS person recently and her kids were screaming in the background. She apologized at the end of the msg. I had to laugh and say to myself "I'm so glad it's not just me!"

When they are quiet, you can hear cartoons running in the background. It never fails when I get on the phone, someone is trying to kill the other one, they start making the dog bark (really loudly), or they are getting into something. I have tried bribing them, which occasionally works, but I guess it is a plus to other stay at home moms that you can be crazy and still have this business:D

I was joking about handing them off to Dad. I figured that if he was sleeping now, he was probably 3rd shift.
Any parks and rec programs in your town that you can send them to for a couple of hours a couple of times a week?

Not that I would trust and doesn't cost a fortune!! Maybe I am also using them as an excuse because getting on the phone makes me a nervous wreck!:eek:

Thank God I'm not the only one! :) I try my best to keep my boys occupied with something while I make phone calls and I will wait for a few minutes and their fine, quite and content. But wouldn't you know, as soon as I get on the phone, is when all heck breaks loose! :p

krzymomof4 said:
Maybe I am also using them as an excuse because getting on the phone makes me a nervous wreck!:eek:
And the hidden truth rears it's ugly little head!

How old are they? Can you trust them to walk to the corner store (as a group) to pick up a gallon of milk or some other errand? Or, heck, lock them in the backyard for 30 minutes. <giggle>

We live in hickville, USA. Plus our neighborhood isn't the best to leave kids unattended. I do realize that I have a 13, 11, 6 and 4. But I swear the older ones are just as loud screaming at the younger ones "mom is on the phone..SHUT UP!"
Now I am listening to a serious debate between my 11 and 6 year old about whether Tom and Jerry can understand each other because neither of them talk.

Ann..SHH...I was hoping you wouldn't notice

CookwithChristy said:
Thank God I'm not the only one! :) I try my best to keep my boys occupied with something while I make phone calls and I will wait for a few minutes and their fine, quite and content. But wouldn't you know, as soon as I get on the phone, is when all heck breaks loose! :p
They are doing so much with stem cells, DNA, cloning, etc....why can't they take this gene out of the mix. EVERY child that has been born since the phone was invented does this. Mine is 17 and he is out of the habit now, but I do recall the wonderful memories of him turning evil when I was on the phone!! Can't wait to return the favor to him someday!!!:D

The girls haven't started calling yet (Thank God!!). So I haven't had my opportunity to embarrass them yet.

this is something I have struggled with since I began my buis. At conference I realized that I have used it as an excuse (along with many other things!) I saw so many people having sucessful businesses with the same obsticals as I have but yet they just do it!
I have made a comoitment to myself to just do it! If the kids are arround I will say if I am on the phone with someone something like "I apoligize ahead of time if my children interupt but I would love to chat about your show (or whatever) for a few minutes if this is a good time"

I might have to try that, now to stop using the excuse that why bother calling, no one will probably be at home LOL

etteluap70PC said:
this is something I have struggled with since I began my buis. At conference I realized that I have used it as an excuse (along with many other things!) I saw so many people having sucessful businesses with the same obsticals as I have but yet they just do it!
I have made a comoitment to myself to just do it! If the kids are arround I will say if I am on the phone with someone something like "I apoligize ahead of time if my children interupt but I would love to chat about your show (or whatever) for a few minutes if this is a good time"

That is such a good idea. I've set myself up on our 3 season porch (my makeshift office) and closed myself out here tonight with every intention of making CCC's. The kids still come out here even though I told them I have to work. Not to mention my husband has even come out "just to say hi!!!"
Needless to say it's too late for phone calls now.
I so needed to do this tonight, Iam SO bad at picking up the phone.

I got off my butt and made 3 calls. One booking, but not until October. She is going to be recovering from surgery. Left 2 other messages.
Try to do it all again tomorrow.

PLEASE DON'T SAY THE DREADED S WORD!!!! (I'm a teacher)

On saturday I did something cool... It was georgeous weather so I wanted to get the kids outside so grabbed my contact info and went outside and sat at the picnic table and did my calls. The kids played on the swings etc. I thought if they were going to act up I would bribe them with big pushes on the tree swing to leave me alone long enough to call my customers. They were great though!

baychef said:
They are doing so much with stem cells, DNA, cloning, etc....why can't they take this gene out of the mix. EVERY child that has been born since the phone was invented does this. Mine is 17 and he is out of the habit now, but I do recall the wonderful memories of him turning evil when I was on the phone!! Can't wait to return the favor to him someday!!!:D

Wow, you're lucky. My dh still does it!

I've always said, if I want to have a meaningful conversation with any male in my house (they are ALL male, btw), all I have to do is get on the phone.

Too Funny Sandy!!!!

Also soooo true!

You could use the penny trick. Well, in today's economy it might need to be the dime or quarter trick.

Anyway, there this old joke/story about the dad who wanted some, er, quality time with mom one afternoon. He threw 99 pennies in the backyard, then told the kiddos when they found 100 to come and get him and he'd take them for ice cream :eek:

You could play for phone time instead of quality time ...

krzymomof4 said:
We live in hickville, USA. Plus our neighborhood isn't the best to leave kids unattended. I do realize that I have a 13, 11, 6 and 4. But I swear the older ones are just as loud screaming at the younger ones "mom is on the phone..SHUT UP!"
Now I am listening to a serious debate between my 11 and 6 year old about whether Tom and Jerry can understand each other because neither of them talk.

Ann..SHH...I was hoping you wouldn't notice

I totally love tom n jerry. Especially the ep where jerry's in the little hula skirt! Kills me every time! :D

Related to Ugh. Can't Wait for School to Start

1. When does school start?

School start dates vary depending on the district and grade level. It's best to check with your child's school or district for the specific start date.

2. How can I prepare for school to start?

Start by creating a back-to-school checklist, including tasks such as buying school supplies, organizing a school schedule, and setting up a designated homework space. You can also attend any back-to-school events or orientations offered by your child's school.

3. What should I do if my child is anxious about starting school?

It's normal for children to feel anxious about starting school, especially if it's a new school or they're transitioning to a new grade level. Encourage open communication and try to address any concerns they may have. You can also schedule a meeting with your child's teacher to discuss any worries or accommodations that may help ease their anxiety.

4. How can I help my child get back into a school routine?

Start by gradually adjusting their sleep schedule a few weeks before school starts. You can also have them practice their morning routine, including getting dressed and eating breakfast, to help them get used to the routine. It's also helpful to limit screen time and establish a consistent bedtime.

5. What resources are available to help my child succeed in school?

There are many resources available, such as tutoring services, homework help websites, and educational apps. You can also reach out to your child's teacher for suggestions on how to support their learning at home. Additionally, consider getting involved in your child's school community through volunteering or attending parent-teacher conferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • sillylittlechef