• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Pretzel Candies Questions

In summary, to make Turtle Pretzel Candies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels on the sheet, top with a Rolo candy, and bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven, add a pecan half, and let cool before serving. Other types of chocolate can be used, and the candies can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container. Additional toppings can be added, and the candies can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
ChefJoyJ
I was looking at the recipe for the turtle pretzel candies and think they look and sound really yummy! I'd like to make them as part of the party for the participants of my mystery host show. I have a few questions though...

I don't have the rotary grater. Is there anything else I can use to grate them, or could I just smash them up in a baggie and get the same result? Also, can you make them on wax paper? I'm out of my parchment paper...

TIA!! :)

I used wax paper and it was fine. You might try spraying the paper with cooking spray instead of using the grated pecans, since they are to help the caramel not stick to the paper.

What about grating the pecans with the microplane?

cookingwithlove said:
What about grating the pecans with the microplane?

I wasn't sure if that would make them too fine. But that's a great idea! I'll definitely try that! :)

couldn't you just use the food chopper on them and do them really fine? I chop nuts with my food chopper all the time.

hperschnick said:
couldn't you just use the food chopper on them and do them really fine? I chop nuts with my food chopper all the time.

That was my other thought...I was just curious how fine the rotary grater got them and was wondering what other consultants had to say. I have also chopped nuts with my food chopper...super easy! :)

1. How do I make the Turtle Pretzel Candies?

To make the Turtle Pretzel Candies, you will need mini pretzels, Rolos, and pecan halves. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pretzels on the baking sheet and top each one with a Rolo candy. Bake for 3-4 minutes until the Rolos are softened. Remove from the oven and gently press a pecan half on top of each Rolo. Let them cool and set before serving.

2. Can I use other types of chocolate instead of Rolos?

Yes, you can use other types of chocolate to make Turtle Pretzel Candies. Some popular options include Hershey's Kisses, chocolate-covered caramels, or even homemade chocolate truffles. Just make sure to use a chocolate that will soften and stick to the pretzel when baked.

3. How long do the Turtle Pretzel Candies stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the Turtle Pretzel Candies can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Just make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving for the best texture.

4. Can I add other toppings to the Turtle Pretzel Candies?

Yes, you can get creative and add other toppings to the Turtle Pretzel Candies. Some popular options include sprinkles, crushed candy canes, or drizzled chocolate on top. Just make sure to add the toppings after baking and before the candies cool and set.

5. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Turtle Pretzel Candies ahead of time. They are a great make-ahead treat for parties or as gifts. Just store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place until ready to serve. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months and thaw before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies