• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Pretzel Candy (New Holiday Recipe) Question

In summary, to make Turtle Pretzel Candy, you will need pretzels, chocolate chips, caramel candies, and pecan halves. Any type of pretzels can be used for this recipe and the chocolate and caramel can be melted in the microwave or on the stove. Other types of nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or peanuts, can be substituted for pecans. The finished candies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
kam
Staff member
Maybe I am just dense...

When I look at the picure, you can see the grated pecans underneath the pretzels. How do the pecans stay "attached" to the pretzel?

I am reading the recipe and in step 3 it says:

Remove pan and Parchment Paper from freezer; sprinkle parchment evenly with grated pecans. Arrange pretzels about ½ in. apart over grated pecans.

Using Small Scoop, place about 1/3 of a scoop of caramel mixture over each
pretzel. Spoon a small amount of chocolate over caramel mixture (see Cook’s Tip). Garnish with remaining pecan halves. Place pan in refrigerator 6-8 minutes or until chocolate is firm.

Are we putting a lot of the caramel mixture on that it seeps through to form a bond between the pretzel and the pecans?? It doesn't seem like 1/3 of a small scoop would do this.

Just wondering if anyone has tried these - or reads something different.
Thanks!

I'm thinking they stick to the caramel oozing through the pretzel.

DH and I made these last night and they are yummy!!

Yes, the grated pecans are there to stick to the caramel that drips through the pretzel holes. It makes it much easier to peel them up off the parchment paper. These are so easy to make and much cheaper than buying name-brand Turtles. Enjoy making yours!!

OK- Great!

I was a little leary to add these to my holiday choices. Do you think they would make a good demo?

They make a great demo...see my longer post on another thread about these.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Turtle Pretzel Candy?

To make Turtle Pretzel Candy, you will need pretzels, chocolate chips, caramel candies, and pecan halves.

2. Can I use any type of pretzels for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pretzels you prefer. Mini pretzels work well for bite-sized candies, while larger pretzels can be used for a bigger treat.

3. How do I melt the chocolate and caramel for this recipe?

You can melt the chocolate and caramel in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, or you can use a double boiler on the stove. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.

4. Can I substitute the pecans with another type of nut?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you like in place of pecans. Walnuts, almonds, or peanuts would all work well in this recipe.

5. How should I store the Turtle Pretzel Candy?

You can store the Turtle Pretzel Candy in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you want to keep them longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
babywings76