• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Peanutty Brownie Pizza Question

In summary, parchment paper is necessary when cooking on a stone because it prevents the brownie from spilling off and onto the oven floor.
4kids4me
I am doing this at my (FIRST) show this weekend. I practiced yesterday. It calls for covering the stone with parchment paper first. WHY??

I used wax paper instead of parchment paper. (Did I mention I'm new to PC AND to cooking?) Well, the wax paper and the brownies became one, if ykwim. I had to scrape hte brownie and toppings off, and of course I kept it and now I"m nibbling away at it. But I would've been mortified if that'd happened at the show!

so my question is, do I need to invest in parchment paper, or can I do the brownie on the stone without it????

TIA!

Yes you need parchment. If you cook a brownie pizza on a stone without the parchment paper the brownie will spill off of the stone and onto the bottom of the oven!!! And of course, with parchment paper the brownie won't stick like it did to the wax paper.

Ah, thank you so much for clarifying that for me. Guess I'm off to pick up parchment paper! I even asked around to my baking friends about the difference btw wax paper and parchment paper. Grrrr. Oh well, live and learn!

Wax paper is paper with wax. Parchment is paper with silicone. Wax will melt, and stick to the food (As you discovered). Silicone is heat safe above the point where paper will ignite (451F).

Also, if there are loose edges of wax paper that aren't covered by batter, they could and start a fire.

I made that for a show. I didn't have time to order it from PC so I got some from Wal mart. PC's is cheaper and you get more for your money, but like I said I was short on time. Good luck!

The understanding I have, re: Parchment paper, is that it helps make it possible to cut and remove the Brownie, Cookie or whatever from the stone,
easily, and it prevents the batter from running off the edge of the Stone. It
worked well for me the several times I have made that recipe. I use Parchment paper when doing cookies on my bar pan. It makes it easy to have them ready on the parchment, and then transfer the entire batch by sliding the parchment from your counter to the pan. The Reynolds brand at your local store will work just as well as our PC brand.

For years I couldn't understand why people would use parchment paper when I was brought up in a household that used wax paper. Now, I don't even use wax paper and love parchment paper! I can't even remember what I needed wax paper for anymore. Who wants to eat wax? Not me!

I think years ago we used waxed paper so things wouldnt stick...IE...like a stack of hamburgers.....HTH. But I dont think it had anything to do with cooking or baking....:cool:

Just a suggestion, I ALWAYS cut off 2 pieces of parchment paper and overlap them different ways. That way, there is an edge all the way around!!! Does that make sense?:confused: ;)

What ingredients do I need to make the Peanutty Brownie Pizza?

You will need 1 package of fudge brownie mix, 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts, and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.

Do I need any special tools to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special tools. However, you will need a mixing bowl, a spatula, and a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

Can I use a different type of nut butter?

Yes, you can use any type of nut butter you prefer, such as almond butter or cashew butter.

How long does the Peanutty Brownie Pizza need to cool before serving?

The pizza should cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brownie pizza ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
Replies
Views
PamperedChef05