• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Get Possible Host to Commit to Date

In summary, a potential host is having trouble getting people to agree on a date for a show. She has mentioned and rementioned several times that she does indeed want to host a show, but is waiting to find out from friends when the best time to do it. I know I'll probably never actually get her to commit - I see her at my kid's school daily and have sent numerous emails (but I don't want to become the Pampered Pest). Should I just give up for now and maybe bring it up at a later date (perhaps in the summer or even the fall?)
Gina M
Gold Member
Hi there,

I've been having trouble trying to get a potential host to actually commit to any date. I know everyone has been through this at one time or another - what do you do? She has mentioned and rementioned several times that she does indeed want to host a show but is waiting to find out from friends when the best time to do it. I know I'll probably never actually get her to commit - I see her at my kid's school daily and have sent numerous emails (but I don't want to become the Pampered Pest) Should I just give up for now and maybe bring it up at a later date (perhaps in the summer or even the fall?) I just don't want her to feel obligated to do a show with me. Any help would be great!:)

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

Give her an extra incentive! Tell her that you'll give her an extra $10 free product is she holds her show in June or whenever. Or you can offer that she hold a show in May and her guests get to help raise money for breast cancer research with HWC items. Good luck!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Tell them the truth!When I have a host who is "trying to get everybody to agree on a date", I tell the host that she will never reach a concensus. Like with any party, she needs to pick a date, invite EVERYBODY, and make reminder calls. Those who can come, will, those who can't should place an order!

Usually, the common sense approach of this makes them realize how crazy it is to try to get many different people from all walks of life to agree on a particular date!

Good luck...let us know what happens!!!

Call her. Ask her what day of the week works for her. If she says Friday, give her two choices of dates, telling her the date you want to fill first.

For example, I have just two Fridays available in May, so I would tell her, "I have Friday the 19th and Friday the 4th. Which one works for you?"

Most people know which day of the week is best for them and their crowd.

Ask her for help. Tell her you are trying to reach a certain goal by the end of the month and would she please help you out? I think asking for help might seem desperate, but once she hosts a party and realizes how fun it can be and all the free stuff she gets, she'll be glad she did. I would also offer her an extra incentive for helping you. Tell her you will get her the guest special for whatever month or let her pick an extra $10 in free product, so that will give her $25 just for hosting...before the orders and all! I know what you mean about not wanting to be a pest...I feel the same way. I think you just know when you can kind of give people a gentle push and when to just back off. Tune into your Pampered Chef sense and you'll be fine! :)

~Kristen

I would give her some dates that work for you, I sometimes wish I could be fore forward when talking to people. But I find I have a hard time when they are people I know and dont want to get them uspet thinking I am so pushy. If she wont commit to a show now then wait until we get the new fall catalog and maybe then she will have a show.

DebbieJ said:
Call her. Ask her what day of the week works for her. If she says Friday, give her two choices of dates, telling her the date you want to fill first.

QUOTE]
Now I've been told the opposite. That people are more likely to take the date they hear last. So if you want to fill the 4th you would say that one second. But who knows that is probably something that is half go one way and half the other.

What I do for people who can't pick a day because they want to see what works for everybody is I tell them that no one day is going to work for everyone. The best thing to do is to just pick a day and see what happens. Then I have a pencil (and it's important for them to see that it's a pencil) and say "let's set a tentative date, you can always change it if you need too." That usually works. And most of the time they keep that date. But by seeing you write it in pencil they believe that the date isn't permanent.

Isn't it strange some of the little thing s we can do to convince people one way or the other?

Oops--that's what I meant! Tell her the date you need filled as the second choice!!! Thanks for catching that, Tina!

No Problem!

1. How do I approach someone about hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The best approach is to simply ask! Start by mentioning how much you enjoy Pampered Chef products and how hosting a party would be a great way to earn free products. Then, ask if they would be interested in learning more about hosting a party.

2. What if the person is hesitant or unsure about committing to a date?

If the person is hesitant, try to address their concerns by explaining the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends. You can also offer to be flexible with the date and work with their schedule.

3. How far in advance should I ask someone to host a party?

It's best to ask someone to host a party at least 3-4 weeks in advance. This gives you enough time to plan and promote the party, and it also allows the host to invite their guests with enough notice.

4. What if the person is interested but doesn't have enough space to host a party?

In this case, you can suggest hosting a catalog party instead. This allows the host to still earn free products and share Pampered Chef with their friends without having to worry about space limitations.

5. How can I make the host feel more comfortable and excited about hosting a party?

One way to make the host feel more comfortable is to offer to help with the party planning and preparation. You can also let them know that you will handle most of the work, such as setting up and cleaning up, so they can just focus on enjoying the party with their guests. Additionally, remind them of the benefits they will receive, such as free products and discounts, for hosting a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Boomerjojo