• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Yes" I'll Host -- Call Me Later to Set Date

M
MandyK
I am losing my mind! I've had two shows now where I get "yes" I want to host a show but call me this week to set the date -- I don't have my calendar! (or worse yet -- yes I am interested in the learning more about the opportunity -- call me tomorrow. AND THEY ARE NOT HOME)

I was thinking, what if I could create some kind of game that would make guests bring their calendar with them so that I can set a date for that show (or recruit interview).

Any thoughts? I was thinking of doing a little food calendar quiz where they would need to use theoir calendar. Winner gets free shipping or some other prize. Example:

1. How many days until christmas
2. How many days until your get to eat birthday cake!
3. What day of the week will we eat corn beef and cabbage.
4. What day of the week will we be drinking Margaritas and toasting the Cinco de Mayo?

What do you guys think? Do any of you have any suggestions?

Might be a good thing to ask the host to call the guests to bring! Not only will guests have their calendars, but the hosts will call to remind guests to come!
You could also tell them that you are filling up ___ month really fast & what day usually works for them. Try to set a tentative date & tell them you'll call them tomorrow to make sure the date works. For recruiting, make sure you give them info & set a time to call. I would leave a message if they don't answer that you are sorry you missed them, but will call them back on such & such day if you don't hear back from them.

This has been working for meWhat I have started doing is taking a "My Open Dates" list, and not my entire calendar. When someone is interested in booking, I stress that especially during this busy holiday time (I'm talking current of course), my calendar fills really fast. So let's "pencil in" a date, and I will call you (tomorrow or two days) to double check that the date is good with your calendar.

Most people honestly know which night generally works best for them, and if there's a conflict, it's something they forgot about.

I also give them their host packet right then and there, and mail the invitations later (if it is for this month or next month). If it is further away, I do not give them their host packet.

Since I have started doing this, my calendar is looking much better! Last night, I booked my third December show, and I have 4 for November, plus a couple of catalog shows. I'm really excited!

Attachments

• MY OPEN DATES.doc
    26 KB · Views: 479
MandyK said:
I am losing my mind! I've had two shows now where I get "yes" I want to host a show but call me this week to set the date -- I don't have my calendar! (or worse yet -- yes I am interested in the learning more about the opportunity -- call me tomorrow. AND THEY ARE NOT HOME)

I was thinking, what if I could create some kind of game that would make guests bring their calendar with them so that I can set a date for that show (or recruit interview).

Any thoughts? I was thinking of doing a little food calendar quiz where they would need to use theoir calendar. Winner gets free shipping or some other prize. Example:

1. How many days until christmas
2. How many days until your get to eat birthday cake!
3. What day of the week will we eat corn beef and cabbage.
4. What day of the week will we be drinking Margaritas and toasting the Cinco de Mayo?

What do you guys think? Do any of you have any suggestions?

What a neat idea!

Perhaps for a "What's For Dinner?" Show!
Guests bring their calendars.

You demo 1 recipe, like one of the rings from All The Best cookbook. The guests get to take home a copy of the recipe.
They write in their calendars one night a/week for a ring recipe. Offer suggestions of other recipes that will work well, especially the 'cook once -serve twice' recipes!

Tell them you WILL demo another Great family friendly, time saving recipe at their show!
Have them take a look at the upcoming Specials, available dates in their calendars, fill out DP slip w/ their show dates!

I think this will work Great to everyone's advantage!
Let's give it a try!

My "calendar" is on my refrigerator and too big to walk around with. This game, although cute and clever, would not motivate me to bring my calendar to a party (where I might think I don't want to book anyway).

I think choosing a date and then calling to confirm is the best bet. (Although, I often get into this same cycle with potential hosts.)

Another way is to ask what day of the week, in general, is good for you. Most people know their "normal" schedules. Then pencil them in (like it said in a previous post) and give them their hosting information with the date written big on it. They will call you if they need to change it.

Thanks all for your great tips -- I think getting them to pencil in a date no matter what is some of the best advice :) . I have to get over my feelings of "being pushy." After all THEY circled yes on their slip -- not me!

Most people never know what day will work best for them. I always ask what month would work best for them so at least I have an idea of what to work towards. I give them a host packet and let them know I'm going to call them a month in advance to set a solid date.

I was having the exact same problem! I would have multiple people mark "yes" or say yes when I asked, but they didn't know an exact date. Like you, I didn't want to appear "pushy". So, I did something similar to the "My Open Dates" idea. I take about 4 envelopes (just plain white, business-size envelopes) and write an "available" date (i.e. "Thursday, November 9th") on the outside. Inside is a recipe card and a cut-out of an item from the catalog that they will get for free if the show is held on the originally scheduled date. This way, I only bring my next four available show dates with me and people start to schedule their other things "around" their show. It has worked really well so far. I usually give about a $10 retail item. Then I add it to the host's order, so it never ends up costing me the full $10, but you could do whatever amount you want. They don't know what it is until they open the envelope. I've also heard of using gift bags, chinese take-out containers, etc.
HOWEVER.......
I have had a couple of shows with low turn-out that were barely shows that were offered this incentive and now I feel like I should have put some sort of a "disclaimer" on the free item. Maybe say with a "qualifying" show held on the originally scheduled date. Maybe they would work a little harder if I said they had to reach $300 or something.
Good luck! I hope you find a system that works for you!:)
Jen

I had a show the other night where I asked my 2 guests (REALLY SMALL SHOW) if they wanted to book a show and they said not until the new year. so i told them if they give me a date today then heather (host) would be able to get the host special at their show. i have them each give me a date and told them that they chould change it if they needed. but instead of me following up in January and MAYBE booking at some point, i now have 2 booking on my calendar for January!

sarahmarie said:
I had a show the other night where I asked my 2 guests (REALLY SMALL SHOW) if they wanted to book a show and they said not until the new year. so i told them if they give me a date today then heather (host) would be able to get the host special at their show. i have them each give me a date and told them that they chould change it if they needed. but instead of me following up in January and MAYBE booking at some point, i now have 2 booking on my calendar for January!

I try to do that too. They want their friend to be able to take advantage of the special.

Jen, I've seen on here a disclaimer that their show has to make $500 in guest sales to get the free item you offer. Just a thought.

1. How can I encourage guests to bring their calendar to a show or interview?

One way to encourage guests to bring their calendar is by creating a fun game or activity that requires the use of a calendar. This could be a food calendar quiz, as suggested in the example, or any other type of calendar-related game. Offering a prize or incentive for the winner can also motivate guests to participate and bring their calendars.

2. What should I do if a guest says "yes" to hosting or learning more about the opportunity but then is not available when I call?

In this situation, it is important to remain persistent and continue to follow up with the guest. If they are not home when you call, leave a message and try again at another time. You can also try reaching out via email or social media if those are available options. It may also be helpful to set a specific time and day for the follow-up call, so the guest knows when to expect your call.

3. How can I keep track of all the guests who have said "yes" but need to schedule a date?

One way to keep track of guests who have expressed interest in hosting or learning more is to create a spreadsheet or document where you can record their information. This can include their name, contact information, and any notes about their availability or specific preferences. This will help you stay organized and easily access their information when it's time to schedule a date.

4. Is there anything else I can do to ensure guests are available when I call to set a date?

Aside from creating a fun game or activity to encourage guests to bring their calendars, you can also try to schedule the date during the show or interview itself. This way, you can avoid having to call them later and potentially running into scheduling conflicts. You can also offer to send a reminder email or text a few days before the scheduled date to confirm their availability.

5. How can I make sure guests are aware of the importance of bringing their calendar to a show or interview?

You can mention the importance of bringing a calendar when inviting guests to the show or interview. This can be done through a phone call, text message, or email. You can also include a note about bringing a calendar on any invitations or flyers for the event. Additionally, reminding guests during the event itself can also help reinforce the importance of bringing a calendar.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shannen
  • sillylittlechef