• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Mac Compatibility with New Kit | CD Rom Issue Resolved!

S
slingmommy
I just got my kit today (YAY!) and found out that the CDrom that comes with it isn't Mac compatible. Is this going to be a huge problem? What is on the disc? Anybody else use a Mac that can tell me what they did to get around this? Thanks.

PP will not run on a Mac. (Arrrrrgh!) Apparently, there aren't enough of us Mac users to justify rewriting the software for the platform, either.Luckily, I'm bi and have both Mac and Windows computers. If your Mac is of the later variety (like running OSX) you can get a Windows emulator to run PP. No, I haven't tried it, and I've never been a big fan of emulators however, Mac users I know tell me the Windows software for Mac isn't too bad.http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=43024 (Safe link - it's the Apple website.)In the mean time, maybe you can get some Windows run time on a friend's computer?

Last edited:
Mac user tooWe are completely a Mac household. If you have one of the newer Intel-based Macs, you could load a program called Parallels (www.parallels.com). This is what I have on my MacBook. It works perfectly. The down side is you have to purchase the Parallels program (I think it's around $80). Plus, you have to own a copy of Windows (which we happened to have).

My DH has a MacBook Pro he uses at the office/home. He runs Boot Camp and likes it too. His situation is different, because while at work, he needs to ALWAYS be running in Windows, then he just reboots at home for Mac stuff. I prefer Parallels, because it just runs as a program inside the Mac environment so I can still get at my Mac apps without rebooting.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any more specific questions or need more help getting set up.

Tanya

Also email HO asking for a mac version. The more of you that speak out the better chance they will come out with a mac version.

Thanks so much for the replies! My main computer is older A G4, running on OSX and my laptop is newer, an iBook, so it looks like I would need both of those programs if I want to be able to switch back and forth. Guess I'll have to see if it's cost effective. It is really frustrating to be counter-culture isn't it???

tlennhoff said:
Also email HO asking for a mac version. The more of you that speak out the better chance they will come out with a mac version.

Great idea! I just did it.

I sent in a request to ho a few months back also. There is a way to load windows onto your mac so that you can us the software. It would be so much easier if they would just make a version for us. But most of the computer world is pcs not macs.

slingmommy said:
Thanks so much for the replies! My main computer is older A G4, running on OSX and my laptop is newer, an iBook, so it looks like I would need both of those programs if I want to be able to switch back and forth. Guess I'll have to see if it's cost effective. It is really frustrating to be counter-culture isn't it???
Ihad a feeling you were on the same plain as me...you can run the emulator.

I also hate to dash anyone's hopes about a Mac version of PP - there are two chances of that happening, and Slim is on a diet.

TKG - figures you have a Mac.

Remember - all the COOL people run Macs! We may not be the biggest clique at the school, but we're the best dressed, safest, and and just generally most awesome. :D

My personal solution, since I started PC WAAAY before the Intel-based models came out and Virtual PC ran like garbage on my G4 was to purchase a Windoze laptop during back-to-school sales. I use it for PP and that's about it (well, also the software for my embroidery machine that's Windoze only).

I used to have a Mac, well it was my little bro's and I had inherited it while he was in basic and everything, but I figured since I was having so much troubles getting around to do some of the things I needed for my other jobs I had better get a PC, even though I loved how easy the Mac was to run and everything when something was wrong with it there was nobody around that could work on it until my little bro came home and had time to do it.

chefann said:
TKG - figures you have a Mac.

Remember - all the COOL people run Macs! We may not be the biggest clique at the school, but we're the best dressed, safest, and and just generally most awesome. :D

My personal solution, since I started PC WAAAY before the Intel-based models came out and Virtual PC ran like garbage on my G4 was to purchase a Windoze laptop during back-to-school sales. I use it for PP and that's about it (well, also the software for my embroidery machine that's Windoze only).
I have a G4 that I use for my high end graphics work. (I've got a Mac Classic somewhere around, too, if you would like to give it a good home.) I also have a high end HP notebook that runs Winders so I can run PP and the stuff I need for work. That's why I'm actually bi-computeral.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ihad a feeling you were on the same plain as me...you can run the emulator.

I also hate to dash anyone's hopes about a Mac version of PP - there are two chances of that happening, and Slim is on a diet.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

I had posted this once before as well, but one conversation I had with HO about a PP question (and discussed the lack of Mac support issue), he let me know they are working on a browser-based version. Don't know how much he is "in the know", but she sounds promising. :)Tanya

siderits said:
I had posted this once before as well, but one conversation I had with HO about a PP question (and discussed the lack of Mac support issue), he let me know they are working on a browser-based version. Don't know how much he is "in the know", but she sounds promising. :)

Tanya

That's encouraging!

Related to Troubleshooting Mac Compatibility with New Kit | CD Rom Issue Resolved!

1. Is the compatibility issue with the CD Rom a common problem for Mac users?

Yes, it is a common issue for Mac users as most CDs and software are designed for Windows systems. However, there are usually workarounds available.

2. Will not being able to use the CD Rom be a major hindrance in using the new kit?

It depends on what is on the disc. If it contains important installation or setup files, then it may be a problem. However, if it only contains optional resources, then it should not affect your ability to use the kit.

3. What exactly is on the CD Rom?

This can vary depending on the specific kit, but it typically contains software, drivers, manuals, and other resources related to the kit.

4. Have other Mac users found a way to use the kit despite the compatibility issue?

Yes, there are often solutions available such as downloading the necessary software or drivers from the manufacturer's website or using virtualization software to run Windows on your Mac.

5. Can anyone share their experience with using a Mac and this particular kit?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all Mac users will have the same experience as it can vary depending on the specific system and kit. It would be best to try some of the suggested workarounds or reach out to the manufacturer for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • danaher3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cookin' Mama
  • General Chat
Replies