• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting E-mail Changes in P3 and iContact

I am sooooo bummed that the next 3 days will be wasted in front of the computer removing email addresses!In summary, the conversation discusses the changes and issues with the newsletter feature of the P3 platform. The individual manually went through P3 and made changes to their contact list, but these changes did not reflect in the newsletter. It is mentioned that the newsletter is set to update once a day and it is advised to make changes by a certain date to ensure they are reflected in the next newsletter. There is also a discussion about the difference between the new newsletter vendor and
babywings76
Gold Member
I just manually went through P3 and compared it with my iContact account. I took out the e-mail addresses for people who opted out of my newsletter in the past. I've added some new contacts. I've edited some of the others that have bounced in the past.

Then I synched with my PWS. So now I went in to the newsletter thing and am looking through my contact list, and it's not reflecting my changes.

What do I do now?!

Call tech support.

:) Good call! I'm going to call them right now. ;)

Okay, here's the scoop in case anyone else has this problem:When you edit things in P3 and synch it, or if you edit things in Customer Connection, it doesn't get changed in the newsletter thing until later. It is set up to run through and update things once at night.So, if you have things to change, do it on by the 23rd. This way on the 24th you can look it over and make sure things are right. Monday the 25th is when the newsletter will be going out.There's a difference between this new vendor and the last one, you either opt in and the newsletter goes to EVERYONE, or you opt out. You can't create a group or specify things or have it set to just go to you.Make sure you are in your list, too. When you get your copy of the newsletter, there will be a "share" button towards the bottom. You can click that and then send it to new contacts you make that you didn't have when it first went out.

Well, it's the next day, and it still isn't reflecting my changes. So now I'm going in and manually removing people that shouldn't be listed. Aargh!

I don't understand it ... they have added contacts of people who have had shows or ordered on my web site, past hosts who never followed through. But not the people who I met at fairs, my past hosts who weren't on the web site, my family, my friends, my fair contacts, etc. Do I have to add all of these people through P3?Frankly, I think the new newsletter is still a little cookie-cutter for my tastes. Mulling a return to tasty tidbits. Mull, mull, mull ....

WARNING! If you opted-in for the first newsletter (when you could choose the contacts on your list to send to) you are automatically opted-in to the new newsletter and they automatically send to ALL of your contacts! :( I have over 300 "bad" email addresses in my Customer Connection (I use iContact and haven't updated my Customer Connection emails in years) and no way to remove them without sitting down and manually removing each one... removed 13 last night and it took me 30min! I am sooooo bummed that the next 3 days will be wasted in front of the computer removing email addresses!

akggirl said:
WARNING! If you opted-in for the first newsletter (when you could choose the contacts on your list to send to) you are automatically opted-in to the new newsletter and they automatically send to ALL of your contacts! :( I have over 300 "bad" email addresses in my Customer Connection (I use iContact and haven't updated my Customer Connection emails in years) and no way to remove them without sitting down and manually removing each one... removed 13 last night and it took me 30min! I am sooooo bummed that the next 3 days will be wasted in front of the computer removing email addresses!

That's why I never switched over to CC newsletter! I will stay with IContact.

I didn't switch! Opted-in the first time around with MY email address (and my moms) ONLY, to preview it... LOVE Tasty Tibits and iContact but thought it might be nice to see what PChef came up with. Kicking myself now:cry:

akggirl said:
I didn't switch! Opted-in the first time around with MY email address (and my moms) ONLY, to preview it... LOVE Tasty Tibits and iContact but thought it might be nice to see what PChef came up with. Kicking myself now:cry:

See I thought you had to opt-in or it wouldn't send it. Nope, it went to all the OLD addresses I have on CC. Which some have opted out since I got Icontact.

You can still change it back to opt out.

akggirl said:

I wish they could make it so that you can check mark multiple people listed at a time and then click delete once. Or at least make it so that after it deletes them, it'll bring you back to the page you left off at. I hate having to reload the pages over and over again.

I'm still in the process of working with tech support to "opt-out"... so far nothing has worked.

babywings76 said:
You can still change it back to opt out.

akggirl said:
I'm still in the process of working with tech support to "opt-out"... so far nothing has worked.

I was able to opt-out easily through CC.

So, I'm not showing up as a subscriber, and also my best friend. We are showing up on Customer Connection, so the Tech support guy was stumped. There's nothing they can do. I have to go through this list one by one and compare and make sure things are accurate. What a waste of time! After all this, I hope it's well received by my contacts. I wonder how people will think of it compared to Mike's design that I always use.I'm hoping to get rid of iContact (I love it, just hate the fee). But this just might be one of those things that you get what you pay for! (Although, we are paying for this new newsletter system!)

wadesgirl said:
I was able to opt-out easily through CC.

I am working with tech support, but I think he is stumped now... I have tried all suggestions, restarted my computer, nothing. I really do have to sit and remove each person :( Oh well, good learning lesson. Keep everything updated and don't try something new unless your prepared to work out the kinks :rolleyes:

53 manually removed... 290 to go! :)

I opted out ... I hate the newsletter ... it's so cookie-cutter!

The link to opt out is at the bottom when you see the links for customer connection and newsletter set-up. Also, you don't have to opt in to preview it. I like that, at least.

Last edited:
I was thinking of offering the corporate newsletter as an option to my customers. However, it looks to me like I have to physically remove every single one of my customers instead of adding the ones I want to add. Am I wrong about that?

sadly, you are not. I went through months ago and edited out all but about 20 people. I asked those people for feedback, I get none. I'm sticking with my Electronic connections. It's not monthly, but I do get SOME sales especially outlet sales by sending that one out.

Thanks, Jane. I contact the HO. I hate the idea of either sending it to pretty much everyone with a personal message that they can opt out or going through 37 pages of contacts deleting each one. My thought was to try sending it to myself the first month, then evaluating.

1. How do I change my email address in P3?

To change your email address in P3, click on the "My Account" tab and then select "Profile". From there, you can update your email address and save the changes.

2. Why am I not receiving emails from P3?

There could be several reasons for this. First, check your spam or junk folder to make sure the emails are not being filtered there. Also, make sure your email address is correctly entered in your P3 account. If you are still not receiving emails, contact our customer service for further assistance.

3. How do I add a new email address to my iContact list?

To add a new email address to your iContact list, log in to your account and click on the "Contacts" tab. Then, click on "Add Contacts" and enter the new email address. You can also import a list of email addresses from a file.

4. Can I change the frequency of emails I receive from P3?

Yes, you can change the frequency of emails you receive from P3 by clicking on the "My Account" tab and then selecting "Email Preferences". From there, you can choose to receive emails daily, weekly, or monthly.

5. How do I unsubscribe from P3 emails?

To unsubscribe from P3 emails, scroll to the bottom of the email and click on the "Unsubscribe" link. You can also log in to your P3 account and go to "Email Preferences" to unsubscribe from specific types of emails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • Bren706
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK