• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Icontact and Tracking Complaints

In summary, someone complained about my newsletter, and I don't think I was supposed to send it out more than once a month.
elijahstrust
I just signed up for the trial IContact and went in to track my newsletter that I just sent out and noticed that there is one complaint. :-(....who does the complaint go to? And why would someone complain if they gave me their email and knew the intent was to send them the newsletter. I don't send more than once a month and actually I've missed sending it out the last couple of months (using my own email program).

I guess I was just a little bummed... :-(.....(about that and some unsubscribes)....

elijahstrust said:
I just signed up for the trial IContact and went in to track my newsletter that I just sent out and noticed that there is one complaint. :-(....who does the complaint go to? And why would someone complain if they gave me their email and knew the intent was to send them the newsletter. I don't send more than once a month and actually I've missed sending it out the last couple of months (using my own email program).

I guess I was just a little bummed... :-(.....(about that and some unsubscribes)....

No one gets the complaints. When I first got mine I freaked out! But realized that unsubscribe & complaint are the same thing. I know it is frustrating when people give thier info & then get pissed when we use it....:rolleyes:

Sometimes it's not the person who gave you the email address, but a spouse. I'm amazed at the number of people I know who have a shared email for both members of a couple. If, for example, the wife gave you the address and the husband started cleaning out the inbox, he may have clicked the unsubscribe link.

Ginger428 said:
No one gets the complaints. When I first got mine I freaked out! But realized that unsubscribe & complaint are the same thing. I know it is frustrating when people give thier info & then get pissed when we use it....:rolleyes:

Almost, but not exactly. A complaint is when the email was marked as spam, and unsubscribed because of that. It could have been marked as spam by the email program, not the customer. iContact says they won't tell you who complained, but when you have only one complaint and one unsubscribe, it's easy enough to tell. You might just ask on your next CCC whether they're enjoying the newsletters. ;)

I got a complaint also. After reading up on it I discovered that a complaint is registered if someone clicks on the SPAM option on the email. Once this is done the recipient is automatically unsubscribed.
After reading this I felt a little better realizing that it is not necessarily a black mark and is not held against me. As others have mentioned it could be the result of a spouse or other reader, or someone clicking the wrong button.
No matter what, I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting a lot of them.

I was going to say that I know I have accidently clicked on the spam button before in Outlook! Oppps, hope I didn't offend anyone.

1. What is iContact and how does it work?

iContact is a contact and email marketing software that helps you manage and track your email campaigns. It allows you to create and send professional-looking emails, manage your contact lists, and track the performance of your campaigns.

2. Can I track complaints from my email recipients through iContact?

Yes, iContact has a complaint tracking feature that allows you to monitor and track the number of complaints received from your email recipients. This can help you identify any potential issues with your email content or send frequency.

3. How do I view and manage complaints in iContact?

To view and manage complaints in iContact, go to the "Reports" tab and click on "Complaints". From there, you can view a list of all the complaints received and take necessary actions, such as removing the recipient from your contact list.

4. Can I customize the complaint tracking settings in iContact?

Yes, iContact allows you to customize the complaint tracking settings according to your preferences. You can choose to receive notifications when a complaint is received, set a threshold for the number of complaints before a contact is automatically removed, and more.

5. Does iContact provide any resources on how to reduce email complaints?

Yes, iContact has a helpful resource center that offers tips and best practices on how to reduce email complaints. You can also reach out to our customer support team for personalized guidance on improving your email marketing strategy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies