1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: IContact and tracking complaints

1. elijahstrust

elijahstrust Member

I just signed up for the trial IContact and went in to track my newsletter that I just sent out and noticed that there is one complaint. :-(....who does the complaint go to? And why would someone complain if they gave me their email and knew the intent was to send them the newsletter. I don't send more than once a month and actually I've missed sending it out the last couple of months (using my own email program).

I guess I was just a little bummed... :-(.....(about that and some unsubscribes)....

Aug 3, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

No one gets the complaints. When I first got mine I freaked out! But realized that unsubscribe & complaint are the same thing. I know it is frustrating when people give thier info & then get pissed when we use it....:rolleyes:

Aug 3, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Sometimes it's not the person who gave you the email address, but a spouse. I'm amazed at the number of people I know who have a shared email for both members of a couple. If, for example, the wife gave you the address and the husband started cleaning out the inbox, he may have clicked the unsubscribe link.

Aug 3, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Almost, but not exactly. A complaint is when the email was marked as spam, and unsubscribed because of that. It could have been marked as spam by the email program, not the customer. iContact says they won't tell you who complained, but when you have only one complaint and one unsubscribe, it's easy enough to tell. You might just ask on your next CCC whether they're enjoying the newsletters. ;)

Aug 3, 2009
  5. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

I got a complaint also. After reading up on it I discovered that a complaint is registered if someone clicks on the SPAM option on the email. Once this is done the recipient is automatically unsubscribed.
    After reading this I felt a little better realizing that it is not necessarily a black mark and is not held against me. As others have mentioned it could be the result of a spouse or other reader, or someone clicking the wrong button.
    No matter what, I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting a lot of them.

Aug 3, 2009
  6. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I was going to say that I know I have accidently clicked on the spam button before in Outlook! Oppps, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Aug 3, 2009
Have something to add?