• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Cookie Press Issues: Any Suggestions?

I made the gingerbread, peanut butter, vanilla and espresso, they were all really good. The cheese straws... those didn't go over so well.
SillyChef
I had a guest at my show today say that is she is having a bit of trouble with her cookie press. She said that it stamps the cookie fine, but it doesn't "let it go" easily? Any suggestions... I don't own this product so any info about it would help tremendiously!

I have heard that if you hold it still for a second before lowering the press then pulling up it works better. Maybe search the threads and see what you can find as I have seen 100 threads on this subject....

if shes pressing it onto a hot stone (or pan) it also will stick. tell her to press onto parchment paper then transfer the paper to the pan.
i always tell my guests who buy it to try the recipes that come with it first, heavier doughs sometimes don't work well (or at all).

I have the same problom with my cookie press. It is my least favorite product. I only use it at Christmas time and I try to do it fast and be done with it. I normally only get 1/2 through my cookies before I get mad and finish them by making cut outs instead of the cookie press.

There are lots of tips on here...not my creation, borrowed it and changed it to suit me!

HTH

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tips one page.doc
    22 KB · Views: 280
I had the same problem with mine. I had borrowed my friend's. I had already ordered mine. It went right back when I got it. My friend has no problem with hers.

the recipe that you use makes a really really big difference. The easies cookies to make to "get the hand of it" are 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Any time you are doing a recipe that requires dry ingredients you must measure very very carefully. Too much flour and they will not press well. I got mine last November and with only a couple of scrapped batches was able to make some nice looking cookies.

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tried & True.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 422
Thanks so much Shana. I was thinking of using mine this week and trying to think of what type of cookies I wanted and now I have so many choices!

You're welcome! I did the gingerbread, peanut butter, vanilla and espresso, they were all really good. The cheese straws... those didn't go over so well.

Here is some recipes that I had

Ann R

Attachments

• 27 Cookie Press Recipes.doc
    50 KB · Views: 430
Thanks, Ann for your recipes too!

Related to Troubleshooting Cookie Press Issues: Any Suggestions?

1. Why is my cookie dough getting stuck in the cookie press?

This could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure your dough is at room temperature and not too cold or too warm. If it's too cold, it won't be pliable enough to come through the press. Also, make sure your cookie press is properly greased with cooking spray or butter to help the dough slide out smoothly.

2. My cookies are coming out misshapen or uneven. How can I fix this?

Uneven or misshapen cookies can be caused by uneven dough consistency. Make sure your dough is thoroughly mixed and not too dry or too wet. You can also try using a slightly smaller amount of dough in the press to create more uniform cookies.

3. I'm having trouble getting the cookie press to stick to the baking sheet. What can I do?

One solution is to use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to line your baking sheet. This will provide a non-stick surface for the cookies to easily release from the press. You can also try using a light dusting of flour on the baking sheet.

4. The cookie dough is oozing out from the sides of the cookie press. How do I prevent this?

This can happen if the dough is too soft or the cookie press is too full. Try chilling the dough for a few minutes before using the press, and only fill the press about 2/3 of the way full. You can also use a spoon or spatula to gently push the dough down in the press before releasing the cookies.

5. My cookie press is jammed or not working properly. What should I do?

If your cookie press is jammed, try disassembling it and cleaning it thoroughly. Sometimes small bits of dough can get stuck in the mechanism. If it's still not working, contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • lbalks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci