• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Broken Bar Pans: Tips from a Pampered Chef Consultant | TIA!

In summary, a consultant has experienced two instances of a Pampered Chef bar pan breaking in the oven, and is wondering if anyone else has had this problem. She is also inquiring about the warranty and if the replacement has a full 3 years. Another consultant recommends giving the customer a stoneware tip sheet and having her read the use and care instructions thoroughly. There is also a discussion about a small crack in a bar pan and whether or not it is safe to use, with one consultant suggesting to use it a few times while it's under warranty and another recommending getting it replaced by HO.
augmommychef
Silver Member
Hi everyone, I started my Pampered Chef business in November and have been enjoying being a Consultant. However, my January host is having some bad luck with her bar pan. First of all, upon arrival, her bar pan was broken. It was one of about 4 bar pans in her package (for her guests) so it wasn't a big deal. HO sent her another one ASAP. She leaves me a message tonight and says her second new bar pan broke in the oven @ 400 degrees! Simply cracked right in the middle! Has anyone experienced this? Will HO send out a second replacement? My host is the nicest lady alive and I know she is sincere! TIA!

Yes, the guarantee is 3 years ... no matter how many times it is returned it is still guaranteed!

(But I hope someone will clarify when the clock starts ticking ... if her bar pan cracks in a year, does she have 2 years guarantee left, or three?)

HO will send out another replacement, and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the replacement has a full 3 years - she just has to keep any of the paperwork that comes in the box.That's unfortunate that it broke twice already, but sometimes there are air bubbles or other flaws that create weak spots.

It is a possibility that she placed a few pieces of frozen or very cold items on the center of the stone and the food was not dispersed on the entire stone...hence thermal shock. One part of the stone gets very cold first then takes longer to heat up while the rest of the stone is heating up quickly and then it cracks in two. It has happened to me. For example if you put a small frozen pizza on a large stone it can crack. Be sure to give your customer a stoneware tip sheet and have her read her use and care thoroughly.
Deb

chefann said:
HO will send out another replacement, and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the replacement has a full 3 years - she just has to keep any of the paperwork that comes in the box.

That's unfortunate that it broke twice already, but sometimes there are air bubbles or other flaws that create weak spots.
The warranty is based on the date of the original purchase.

Thanks, Beth. I just had an email from one of my hosts last weekend that her show was delivered, and the large bar pan was broken. I hope this isn't the start of a trend.

I recently had a customer with a cracked bar pan as well.

Let me ask you all. I have a bar pan that I cart around to shows that I never use. (I have a well seasoned one at home that I use if the recipe at the show calls for it)
And this unused bar pan has a tiny itty bitty crack in the upper rim of the edge. It seems to be just on the surface. Do you think it would be safe to ever use? Or will this crack enlarge with cooking?

riggs62 said:

Let me ask you all. I have a bar pan that I cart around to shows that I never use. (I have a well seasoned one at home that I use if the recipe at the show calls for it)
And this unused bar pan has a tiny itty bitty crack in the upper rim of the edge. It seems to be just on the surface. Do you think it would be safe to ever use? Or will this crack enlarge with cooking?
It should be fine but I would use it a few times. If it is going to break because of that it will happen in the first few times - do it while it's under warranty.

riggs62 said:

I'd get a HO to replace it. You can never be sure what heat will do.

1. How do I prevent my bar pan from breaking in the oven?

To prevent your bar pan from breaking in the oven, make sure to always place the pan on a flat and sturdy surface. Avoid placing it on a wire rack or uneven surface. It is also important to preheat the oven before placing the pan inside, as sudden temperature changes can cause the pan to break. Additionally, do not place the pan under a broiler or on a stovetop burner.

2. Can I use my bar pan on the grill?

No, bar pans are not designed for use on a grill. The extreme heat from the grill can cause the pan to warp or break. It is best to use a grill-safe pan or grilling tools for cooking on a grill.

3. Why did my bar pan break even though I followed all the instructions?

Sometimes, bar pans can break due to manufacturing defects or weak spots in the pan. If you followed all the instructions and the pan still broke, it is best to contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my bar pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on your bar pan. Metal utensils can scratch and damage the non-stick coating on the pan, making it more prone to breaking. It is best to use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils instead.

5. How should I clean my bar pan?

Cleaning your bar pan is simple and easy. Let the pan cool down before washing it with warm, soapy water. Do not use harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners on the pan, as they can damage the non-stick surface. If there are stubborn food particles stuck on the pan, soak it in warm water before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils or sharp objects to remove stuck-on food as they can scratch the pan. Dry the pan thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • MaddyandOwensMom