• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting: Cracked Bar Pan from New Consultant Kit - What to Do?

In summary, the consultant received their new kit and the first week of May, but the pan cracks down the middle. They don't have a receipt for the pan, and now they need to call the Solution Center. They should also be aware that sometimes stones crack because of air bubbles.
MandyH
I just became a consultant and got my new kit the first week of May. I was using my large bar pan today and it just cracked down the middle!!! :confused: I didn't do anything different to it at all this time..? Since it was in my New Consultant Kit, I don't have a reciept for it? What can I do now? :(

Call the Solution Center, tell them you got it in your kit, and ask them to send you a replacement ASAP.

The HO has records of everything and rarely asks for a receipt anymore.

Call HO, and tell them that what you told us - that it's your kit item and it cracked. Tell them you need it for demos. They should send out a new one right away, even if they need a piece of the broken one back.

Call customer service and let them know. Since it was part of your kit, you don't need a receipt.
I LOVE that stone and when mine broke it was because I had put a piece of frozen chicken on it and it was too small for the size of the stone. I learned the hard way that you need to distribute the food more evenly for the size stone you are using!

Don't forget to save a piece, they will send a new one right away but you will need to send one back. I had one crack too right away. Every once in awhile they get one with an air bubble in it.

Thanks so much!

I have to send one of the halves to them. Anyone know if I can write the postage for that off as a business expense? :)

The probably reason for the crack, btw, is an air bubble in the finished product. I was warned by my ED's dh to be ready for that to happen to somebody ...

That's good to know in case it happens to a customer too! :)

MandyH said:
I have to send one of the halves to them. Anyone know if I can write the postage for that off as a business expense? :)
I'd say, why not? It's directly related to you doing business.

1. What could have caused my bar pan to crack?

There are a few potential factors that could lead to a cracked bar pan. One possibility is that the pan was exposed to a sudden change in temperature, such as being placed in a hot oven after being chilled in the fridge. Another common cause is placing the pan directly on a heat source, such as a stovetop, which can cause uneven heating and lead to cracking. It's also important to note that bar pans are not designed for use on the grill or open flame, so using it in this way could also cause cracking.

2. Can a cracked bar pan still be used?

In most cases, a cracked bar pan should not be used for cooking. The crack can compromise the integrity of the pan and could lead to further damage or even breakage during use. However, if the crack is small and does not affect the cooking surface, you may still be able to use the pan for non-cooking purposes, such as serving or storing food.

3. Can a cracked bar pan be repaired?

Unfortunately, a cracked bar pan cannot be repaired. Once the pan is cracked, it will not be able to withstand the heat and pressure of cooking and may continue to crack or break. It's best to replace the pan to ensure safe and effective cooking.

4. How can I prevent my bar pan from cracking?

To prevent your bar pan from cracking, always follow the care instructions provided with the pan. Avoid exposing the pan to sudden temperature changes and never place it directly on a heat source. It's also important to avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners on the pan, as these can cause damage and lead to cracking over time.

5. What should I do if my bar pan cracks within the warranty period?

If your bar pan cracks within the warranty period, you may be eligible for a replacement. Contact our customer service team with your warranty information and a photo of the cracked pan, and they will assist you with the replacement process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • heidabear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sarahlegare