• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bar Pan Wobbling? Here's What to Do | Bar Pan Issues in Starter Kit

My replacement is perfect.In summary, customers have noticed that the Bar Pan they received in their starter kit does not sit flat and wobbles when trying to cut on it. They are wondering if they should get a replacement and if they would need to send the whole pan back. One consultant purposely waited until June 1st to order a Business Building Kit for the "new" summer catalogs, but was disappointed to receive two packets of the S/S catalog instead. Other consultants have also experienced a wobbly bar pan and have received replacements from HO. They advise calling HO to get a replacement if the wobble is noticeable, as it may also bother potential customers.
AmaraJ
The Bar Pan I received in my starter kit does not sit flat...It's noticeable when I am trying to cut something on it and it wobbles back and forth...should I try to get a replacement, and if so, does this mean that I would need to send the whole pan back (which, I think would be a pain!)?

Also, on another note, I just have to say that I purposefully waited until June 1st to order my Business Building Kit so I would have the "new" summer catalogs. I thought they would be great to help promote more grilling, outdoor shows....but sadly, I received two packets of the S/S catalog...how disappointing!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

My bar pan wobbles a little teeny bit, but I can deal with it. If yours has a noticeable wobble, call HO. They'll be able to tell you with more accuracy whether they'd want it back, too. (And if you get really lucky, they might let you keep it, and then you'll have 2!)

Mine large bar pan is pretty wobbly too...I've been fine with it though, I hold it when cutting. No one has noticed but me.

If you stick a hot pad/trivet under it, it won't make noise when it wobbles, which will make it less noticeable.

I'm so glad you brought this up Amara! I got my Kit at the end of April. My bar pan does the same thing, but I wasn't sure if I should call HO and deal with it because so far in the few times I've used it, I've had no problems. Plus to be honest I didn't notice it the first 3 times I used it.

If you were expecting the catalogs with the new cover, call HO and let them know. They'll be able to help you out!

My bar pan sits completely flat - I wouldn't be happy if it wobbled. I would certainly call HO and get a replacement.

My first one wobbled. HO replaced it and let me keep the wobbly one....now I have a flat one and my mom has a wobbly one :)

The one that came with my kit wobbles also. I have another bar pan that I had ordered before I signed up, that's the one I take to shows.

Ours wobbles like heck too, and two that were ordered by guests from the show where we became consultants have since cracked! Sounds like a duff batch to me...

The one that came in my kit 6 weeks ago also wobbles - maybe I should call HO and get it replaced then...

Thanks everyone! So, I'm sooo new...when you say to call HO, do you mean the Solution Center, or is there another number? Honestly, I haven't looked around, just using your knowledge to make things quicker!

And - I'll mention the catalogs at the same time:) !

Mine wobbles too, I never thought to get another one! It doesn't bother me and I've been in the biz since Feb '07...meh its character I guess! LOL

We requested a replacement and got one very quickly with no problems.

I had a bar pan before I ordered my kit last April, and it sat flat. I received my new one in my kit and it wobbled. I knew it shouldn't do that. I would have been embarrassed to use it at shows and have people hear the wobbling. I called HO, and they sent me a new one. It wobbled, but not as much. I called HO and had to send it back, but they still sent me another new one. If you're questioning the wobble, your customers would question it too. We are supposed to be impressing show guests with our products. Only the best will do! :) JMO

The bar pan is not supposed to wobble. You should definetely call HO and get it replaced.

Same here. My second one also came with a wobble and I had to send it back. If it annoyed me, it would annoy potential customers, too.

1. How do I prevent my bar pan from wobbling?

To prevent your bar pan from wobbling, make sure it is placed on a flat, sturdy surface. You can also try adjusting the placement of your food on the pan to distribute weight evenly.

2. My bar pan still wobbles even after adjusting the placement of my food. What can I do?

If your bar pan is still wobbling, try placing a baking sheet or aluminum foil underneath the pan for added stability. You can also try using a different type of oven rack to see if that helps.

3. Why do some bar pans wobble more than others?

The wobbling of a bar pan can depend on a variety of factors, including the type and quality of the oven rack, the temperature and distribution of heat in your oven, and the weight and placement of food on the pan.

4. Can I still use a wobbly bar pan for baking?

Yes, you can still use a wobbly bar pan for baking. However, it is important to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't tip over or affect the baking of your food. If it becomes too much of a problem, you may want to consider replacing it.

5. Are there any special care instructions for bar pans to prevent wobbling?

To prevent wobbling, it is important to properly care for your bar pan. Avoid placing heavy items on top of it when storing, and make sure to clean it gently with a soft sponge or cloth. Also, avoid placing the pan directly on a heat source, as this can cause warping and uneven heating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MandyH
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Jennie4PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • chefmoseley