• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting an Unusual Bottle Opener: Any Tips or Suggestions?

In summary, the foil cutter needs to be taken off the bottle opener before it is used and the screw needs to be twisted into the cork.
heat123
Silver Member
I don't have this product but a past host and guest asked if there was a special way to use it, as she says it's not like an ordinary opener and is having problems with it? Any tips or suggestions that I can pass onto her would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

You need to be sure to remove the foil cutter before attempting to screw into the cork. I always forget that part!

That's my big thing too! When you remove the foil cutter it is the best opener out there!

I don't have this product so I appreciate the comments so I'll know to tell my customers. Thanks!

After taking the foil cutter off, its just twist and keep twisting. Sometimes it feels like its not going to work, especially at the point where you get the screw all the way screwed in to the cork but just keep twisting and it will start to pull the cork out. Keep twisting even when it feels like it won't twist anymore!

Bexs50 said:
After taking the foil cutter off, its just twist and keep twisting. Sometimes it feels like its not going to work, especially at the point where you get the screw all the way screwed in to the cork but just keep twisting and it will start to pull the cork out. Keep twisting even when it feels like it won't twist anymore!
Total ditoo on that one!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE our bottle opener!!!

ok, thanks ladies I will pass this info along to her!

As far as taking the foil cutter off the opener, you just pull straight down on it. No twisting it into place, just straight down. (I still have to remind myself of this!)

The feature that a lot of people like is that you just twist again to get the cork off the opener - very easy.

Also, if you try to open the bottle with the foil cutter in the base you will wreck the cutter - I had to replace mine twice before I realized what I was doing (it knocks the teeth off the cutter).

1. How do I use the unusual bottle opener?

To use the unusual bottle opener, first make sure the handle is in the upright position. Then, place the bottle cap inside the opening and push down on the handle to grip the cap. Finally, lift the handle up and the cap should come off easily.

2. Why is the bottle opener not working?

There could be a few reasons why the bottle opener is not working. First, make sure the handle is in the upright position when trying to use it. If that doesn't work, check to see if the bottle cap is securely in the opening. If the cap is loose, it may not grip properly. Additionally, make sure the blade is sharp and clean for optimal performance.

3. How do I clean the bottle opener?

To clean the bottle opener, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. If there is any buildup on the blade, use a small brush or toothpick to remove it. Avoid putting the bottle opener in the dishwasher as it may damage the blade.

4. Can I use the bottle opener on twist-off caps?

No, the unusual bottle opener is not designed to be used on twist-off caps. It is meant for traditional bottle caps with ridges around the edge.

5. Can I adjust the grip of the bottle opener?

Yes, you can adjust the grip of the bottle opener by turning the adjustment screw located on the side of the opener. This will allow you to adjust the tension and make it easier to open different types of bottles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Staci