• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting a Can Opener: Replacement or Sharpening?

In summary, you can sharpen your can opener at home using a manual can opener sharpener, which can be found at most kitchen supply stores. It is recommended to sharpen your can opener every 6-12 months or when it becomes dull. Most can openers have replaceable blades, which can be purchased from various retailers. If your can opener is no longer cutting smoothly or leaving jagged edges, it may need to be replaced. To properly maintain your can opener, clean it after each use with warm soapy water and a brush, and use a food-safe lubricant on the gears and moving parts.
milkangel
i was using it last nigh and had it (i think ) last summer. the deal is that i have to go around the whole can 2-3 times till the lid comes off or when i get it off. it has ben doing that for a while now. it sould still be under warenty. do i need it replaced or can you sharpen the cutting edge?

I was wondering the same thing, mine at home has been doing it too!

I havent had the trouble...and I love the can opener! let us know what you find out! I would call HO

They can't be sharpened. Call HO and they will replace it under warranty!

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out about your can opener. It sounds like you may be experiencing some difficulties with it, and I'm sorry to hear that. Our products are designed to last and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If your can opener is still under warranty, we can definitely look into getting it replaced for you. However, I would also recommend trying to sharpen the cutting edge first to see if that solves the issue. If you need any assistance with that, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you for being a loyal customer and I hope we can resolve this issue for you soon. Have a great day!

1. Can I sharpen my can opener myself?

Yes, you can sharpen your can opener at home with a manual can opener sharpener. These are available at most kitchen supply stores and are easy to use.

2. How often should I sharpen my can opener?

It is recommended to sharpen your can opener every 6-12 months or when you notice it becoming dull. This will ensure smooth and efficient cutting.

3. Can I replace the blade on my can opener?

Yes, most can openers have replaceable blades. You can purchase a replacement blade from Pampered Chef or from a kitchen supply store.

4. How do I know if my can opener needs to be replaced?

If your can opener is no longer cutting smoothly or is leaving jagged edges on the cans, it may need to be replaced. Additionally, if you have sharpened it multiple times and it still does not cut well, it may be time for a new one.

5. How do I properly clean and maintain my can opener?

To ensure your can opener stays in good condition, it is important to clean it after each use. Use warm soapy water and a brush to remove any food particles. Dry it thoroughly before storing. You can also use a food-safe lubricant, such as mineral oil, on the gears and moving parts to keep it running smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Mommabear