• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble With My Food Chopper - Any Suggestions?

In summary, the food chopper is one of my best selling products, but lately after I wash it I've had trouble getting the plastic piece that covers the blade to fit back on correctly. Does anyone else ever have this problem? Some people have found that if they give a little squeeze to each section of the blade (think of it as a series of V's) it usually lines things back up. However, mine has gotten to the point where it doesn't cut the food all the way through. Can the blades be sharpened or should I just get a new one? I am going to send it back to the company that I bought it from after my show on the 7th.
ChefMoore
The food chopper is one of my best selling products and my husband and I use it all the time. However, lately after I wash it I've had trouble getting the plastic piece that covers the blade to fit back on correctly. Any suggestions? Does anyone else ever have this problem?

That happened to one of mine many years ago - I had put it in the dishwasher and the heat-dry switch as on w/o my knowing it - it warped it ever so slightly. It has a 5 year warranty - get it replaced.

Mine started doing that last year. I always put it in the dishwasher, so I stopped for awhile. Then all of a sudden it started fitting better & now I put it in the dishwasher again.

I have that problem and I use the energy saver option on my dishwasher, so I don't think it's from that. I also put it on the top rack. I could be from the dishwasher, I guess, but it's supposed to be dishwasher safe. I can get it on, but I have to work it a little.

I have the same trouble occasionally. I find that if I give a little squeeze to each section of blade (think of it as a series of V's), it usually lines things back up.

I will have had mine 5 years in Feb. It has never been in the diswasher (we don't have one) & it does that. It has gotten to where it doesn't cut the food all the way through. Can the blades be sharpened or should I just get a new one? I got it with my kit, how do I get it replaced?

Edit: I figured it out. I guess I will send it back after my show on the 7th. That way I will have it in time for my next show in 2008.

Last edited:

1. How do I troubleshoot my food chopper not chopping properly?

First, make sure the blade is properly attached and not dull. Next, check if the food is loaded too high or if the chopper is overfilled. If these solutions do not work, try cleaning the blades and making sure there are no food particles stuck in the chopper.

2. My food chopper is making a strange noise, what should I do?

Check to see if the blade is properly attached and not dull. If the noise persists, make sure the food is loaded correctly and the chopper is not overfilled. If the issue continues, it may be a sign of a malfunction and it is recommended to contact customer service for further assistance.

3. How do I clean my food chopper?

First, make sure the chopper is unplugged and disassembled. The blades and lid can be washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly. The base of the chopper can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Do not submerge the base in water. Allow all parts to fully dry before reassembling.

4. Can I chop hard vegetables or nuts in my food chopper?

It is not recommended to chop hard vegetables or nuts in the food chopper as it may damage the blades. It is best to use a knife or other kitchen utensil for these types of foods.

5. My food chopper is not turning on, what should I do?

First, make sure the chopper is properly plugged into a working outlet. If it still does not turn on, check the power cord for any damage. If the issue persists, it may be a sign of a malfunction and it is recommended to contact customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Polliewiggle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies