• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Food Chopper Covered Under Warranty After Vinegar Etching?

A consultant can return a product for a new one, but they should be honest about it. If they are not comfortable with the product, the client may not be either.
tinat51796
I used my food chopper to make salsa a couple weeks ago and chopped pickled jalapenos. I washed it right away but the next time I went to use it I noticed that the plastic cover is all scratched up inside...like the vinegar etched it or something. Would that still be covered under warranty? I just got my kit in September. I could buy a new chopper and keep this one here at home but if I don't have to then I'd rather spend the money on new products. Thanks!

Tina,

You will probably find that your chopper collar is going to look like that just through general use. They do not stay clear and pretty too long after you buy them. Now is it cracked or anything? That would be covered under warranty. If not, and you want it to look nicer you can just buy the replacement part for $7.50 plus tax!

HTH:)

Gee Marlene, you're just answering all my questions tonight! Thanks for all your help!

It just seemed like it changed overnight. No, it's not cracked. I might get a pretty new collar (I couldn't think of the right word when I was posting before) for my shows.

What can I say? I am just a wealth full of knowledge...and ChefAnn must be asleep! ;) Just can't sleep and looking up old posts and such and like to help when I can!

Tina
I suggest you think like a customer - sounds like you want to return it, so do it. Then you will learn about the guarantee process, and be able to inform your clients.

FYI- The guarantee does not cover use and normal wear. With the food chopper, this is normal wear.

Mine isn't all scratched up inside, and I've had it almost 2 years.

I'm not necessarily saying I want to have it replaced, I just didn't know if it would look bad at shows with it scratched up. If it's normal then I can just say something about how much I must love mine to use it so much. :)

I have heard of consultants buying a extra clear collar and using it for shows only. Keeps things looking good. :)

DebbieJ said:
I have heard of consultants buying a extra clear collar and using it for shows only. Keeps things looking good. :)

I agree Deb!! I actually have another collar just for shows and then I use my scratched one for home use!

I didn't mean to open a can of worms here! :angel: We just need to be careful what we return and make sure we are honest about it so we don't loose our amazing guarantees!!:D

My chopper collar is clear, and good-looking enough to take to shows.

I am more worried that a consultant is not comfortable about using the amazing guarantee.

PC stands behind their products - I honestly don't know what you mean about the can of worms.

I am using the same food chopper that came out when we redesigned it in 2000 (I think) I do several shows a month & would never replace mine because I want guests to know what they can expect theirs to look like. If i always kept it shiny and new when they use theirs at home they will think theirs is messed up

Teresa Lynn said:
I am using the same food chopper that came out when we redesigned it in 2000 (I think) I do several shows a month & would never replace mine because I want guests to know what they can expect theirs to look like. If i always kept it shiny and new when they use theirs at home they will think theirs is messed up

Awesome point Teresa! The collar is acrylic. it is highly possible it will get scratched. Looking like you use it everyday is a GOOD thing!

I had a host return her collar for a new one after she chopped orange peels & it got all filmy on the inside & wouldn't come off - HO gave her a new one.

1. Is my food chopper covered under warranty if it has been etched by vinegar?

Yes, your food chopper is covered under warranty for vinegar etching as long as it was used according to the instructions provided by Pampered Chef.

2. How long does the warranty on my food chopper last?

The warranty for your food chopper is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.

3. Can I get a replacement for my food chopper if it has been etched by vinegar?

Yes, if your food chopper is still under warranty and has been etched by vinegar, you can receive a replacement from Pampered Chef.

4. Do I need to provide proof of purchase for my food chopper to be covered under warranty?

Yes, we require proof of purchase in order for your food chopper to be covered under warranty. This can be in the form of a receipt or order confirmation.

5. How do I file a warranty claim for my food chopper?

To file a warranty claim for your food chopper, please contact our customer service team at 1-877-917-2433 or email us at [email protected]. We will guide you through the process and assist with getting a replacement for your etched food chopper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
time2cook
  • Polliewiggle