• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Food Chopper: Blade Guard & Chopping Issues

I'll see if I hear back.Hello:I received my Food Chopper in November and have used it only a few times. I can't get the blade guard to stay on, other than when the clear plastic cup is screwed on. I have also noticed that it doesn't chop very well - even classics like onions. So, I avoid using it at shows, even though it's very popular. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it might be the product itself and I need a new one?Thank you - SusanI would call HO and get a replacement...especially if you are avoiding using it at shows!
susanr613
Gold Member
Hello:

I received my Food Chopper in November and have used it only a few times. I can't get the blade guard to stay on, other than when the clear plastic cup is screwed on. I have also noticed that it doesn't chop very well - even classics like onions. So, I avoid using it at shows, even though it's very popular.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it might be the product itself and I need a new one?

Thank you -
Susan

I would call HO and get a replacement...especially if you are avoiding using it at shows! I had to get mine replaced about a year ago from the one that I received in my kit, and now it works perfectly again!

susanr613 said:
Hello:

I received my Food Chopper in November and have used it only a few times. I can't get the blade guard to stay on, other than when the clear plastic cup is screwed on. I have also noticed that it doesn't chop very well - even classics like onions. So, I avoid using it at shows, even though it's very popular.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it might be the product itself and I need a new one?

Thank you -
Susan

I'm confused Susan - are you trying to use it without the clear collar on it? If so, that may be the problem - the clear collar has to be on for it to work. If you do use it with it on - maybe you do just have a defective one. If so, definitely get a replacement!

Last edited:
Gina M said:
I'm confused Susan - are you trying to use it without the clean collar on it? If so, that may be the problem - the clear collar has to be on for it to work. If you do use it with it on - maybe you do just have a defective one. If so, definitely get a replacement!

This is what I was wondering about also - it won't work w/o the clear collar - that is part of the structure of the chopper. Do you have a recruiter, or director
who lives close to you and could give you a visual lesson on how the chopper works?

The only time I have ever had anyone have problems with the chopper is when they tried to use it without the collar and of course it kept falling apart.

If you are having trouble with the collar on, I would call HO.

thanks!Thanks for the advice! I called Home Office and explained the problem - they will send a new one.

Susan

susanr613 said:
Hello:

Thank you -
Susan

Exactly what I was thinking too...the only thing you take off for use is the cap on the bottom...the rest stays together...

:confused: :confused:

Remember they have online training on consultant's corner for all of the products in the New Consultant Kit.

Mine does the same thing. I have to hold it upside down to put the clear sleeve on or else the blade guard falls off. It's been this way since I got it but I didn't know if it was supposed to do that. It chops fine but is kind of a pain when it falls apart faster than I can hold it together. lol

I called HO and the guy I spoke with was no help. I think I confused him. lol He transferred me to Test Kitchen where I got to leave a voicemail.

What is the best way to clean my food chopper?

The best way to clean your food chopper is to disassemble all the parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. Be sure to remove any food particles or residue before rinsing and drying thoroughly.

How do I use my food chopper for different types of food?

To use your food chopper for different types of food, start by chopping the ingredients into smaller pieces before placing them in the chopper. You can also adjust the blade and speed settings to achieve the desired consistency.

Can I put my food chopper in the dishwasher?

Most Pampered Chef food choppers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the product manual or packaging for specific care instructions before putting it in the dishwasher.

How do I sharpen the blades on my food chopper?

Pampered Chef food choppers have self-sharpening blades that do not require manual sharpening. However, if you notice that the blades are becoming dull, you can contact our customer service for assistance.

Is it safe to use my food chopper on hot foods?

No, it is not recommended to use your food chopper on hot or boiling foods as it can damage the blades and other parts of the chopper. It is best to let the hot food cool down before using the chopper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Polliewiggle