• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Bowl or Cake Pedestal: Which One is More Versatile?

In summary, the cake pedestal is a great option if you don't already have one, but the trifle bowl is more versatile.
lauriedip
I'm trying to decide on another Trifle Bowl or cake pedestal, one of my past host doesn't want the 60% off!
Does anyone have the cake pedestal, worth it?

I have both and love both. I use the Trifle Bowl more (desserts, salads, etc) but am using the Cake Pedestal for cakes, display of food, platter, etc. I, personally, would get the Trifle Bowl.

If you don't already own the Cake Pedestal, I'd get that. If you own both, then I'd get the Trifle Bowl. You could use it for a centerpiece in your home, while having your other one available for recipes. Or you could save it for a special incentive for the future. Although, maybe the Cake Pedestal would be better for an incentive since it's a brand new item. Gee, I'm no help. :D

I would pick the trifle bowl. It is more practical than the cake pedestal.

Think about what you would use most in your own kitchen and to demo with. That will determine the best choice for you. Personally, I'd go with the trifle bowl if you don't already have it.

Because of all the decorative alternatives with the trifle bowl and its versatility, I would also suggest that - but if you don't have any of the Simple Addi+ion stands - then the cake pedestal makes sense. It's your choice!

We have had several questions and concerns about the cake pedastal lid and the lack there of. How is everyone else addressing these concerns and what suggestions are you making?

A little off topic....

I have a show this weekend and I think we are doing the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. I don't have any platters yet, Do you think it would look ok or be ok to serve in the Trifle Bowl?

lesliec said:
A little off topic....

I have a show this weekend and I think we are doing the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. I don't have any platters yet, Do you think it would look ok or be ok to serve in the Trifle Bowl?

I think that's a great idea!

I have yet to wish I had two Cake Pedestals, but I have more than once wished I had a second Trifle Bowl.

I don't have the Cake Pedestal, however, I love, love, love my Trifle Bowl.

reneenshelcook4u said:
We have had several questions and concerns about the cake pedastal lid and the lack there of. How is everyone else addressing these concerns and what suggestions are you making?

Someone else had a thread on here..because she was trying to figure something out to use as the lid..and she used the bowl to the salad and berry spinner.

I have both and love both. (one pedestal and TWO trifle bowls).
If I had neither, I would go Trifle bowl all the way. But, I do love my cake pedestal to put cookies and brownies on ~ it's pretty versatile for me!

I love the Trifle Bowl..I love having 2..I like having a centerpiece done up in one..and then I use the other for..imagine this..TRIFLES..LOL

Another vote for the Trifle Bowl. It's more versatile.
You can put the large round platter on the trifle base, and it will look like a cake pedestal.

ShellBeach said:
Another vote for the Trifle Bowl. It's more versatile.
You can put the large round platter on the trifle base, and it will look like a cake pedestal.

:eek:Yikes, that makes me nervous. I don't know if I'd do that. The point of getting our cake pedestal is that it is very stable. It won't tip as you try to slice and serve things.

But I do agree that the trifle bowl is more versatile. ;)

Related to Trifle Bowl or Cake Pedestal: Which One is More Versatile?

What is the difference between a cake pedestal and a trifle bowl?

A cake pedestal is a stand with a flat top and a stem that is used to display cakes or other desserts. A trifle bowl, on the other hand, is a large, deep glass bowl that is used specifically for making and serving trifle desserts.

Can a cake pedestal be used as a trifle bowl?

While a cake pedestal can technically be used to make and serve a trifle, it may not be the most practical option. Trifle bowls are designed with a wider opening and deeper sides to make layering and serving the trifle easier.

What can I use instead of a trifle bowl?

If you do not have a trifle bowl, you can use a large glass bowl or even a clear glass punch bowl. The important thing is to have a clear, wide vessel that will showcase the layers of your trifle.

Can I put a warm cake on a cake pedestal?

Yes, you can put a warm cake on a cake pedestal as long as it is heat-resistant. Most cake pedestals from Pampered Chef are made of stoneware, which can withstand high temperatures.

Do you offer any accessories or tools to use with a cake pedestal or trifle bowl?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and accessories to make baking and serving with a cake pedestal or trifle bowl easier. Some options include the Trifle Bowl Scraper, Cake Tester, and Cake Server.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies
Views
menehune
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies