• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried More Recipes! Plus More...

In summary, the Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas recipe is not a fan favorite and the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake is not a good show recipe.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Did the Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas. I never have tried the normal fajita recipe that has been running around. I did it as said in the recipe cards. Not a big fan of the chipotle seasoning. Maybe the southwestern - what do most of you use? I do plan on doing this as a show recipe. This is a quick simple recipe - do you offer any other recipe with it?

Also tried the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake. While this was good it's so not a good show recipe. Took way too long to do everything required. I got sick of working on it after a while.

So here's another question: I normally offer 4-6 recipes per season and it's usually a combination of appetizers, dinners and desserts. I have my appetizer and dinner picked out but I cannot figure out a dessert. I usually try to stick with the Season's Best but I don't like any of the recipes in there this season for desserts or think they would be good show recipes. Anyone have a good suggestion or maybe I should just stick with the 3 I have making it more simple and skip a dessert this season.

have you tried teh mini carrot cakes?!?!?!? these get a great reaction when i have made them for our church picnic, and a campout this past weekend! i have made them like 4 times in teh last 2 weeks! i think they are pretty easy, i also use the easy accent decorator to do the filling...i know it doesn't show alot of products but they are a great easy recipe!

pc_jessica said:
have you tried teh mini carrot cakes?!?!?!? these get a great reaction when i have made them for our church picnic, and a campout this past weekend! i have made them like 4 times in teh last 2 weeks! i think they are pretty easy, i also use the easy accent decorator to do the filling...i know it doesn't show alot of products but they are a great easy recipe!
I have tried those but wasn't too impressed with them as a show recipe either.

The only dessert in the SB that I would consider doing is a leftover from past seasons - the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only dessert in the SB that I would consider doing is a leftover from past seasons - the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

Hmmm... I've never offered a cookware cake before. Does this work good as either something to make before the show or a live demo (I offer both types of shows just let my hosts choose)?

wadesgirl said:
Hmmm... I've never offered a cookware cake before. Does this work good as either something to make before the show or a live demo (I offer both types of shows just let my hosts choose)?

I've done it as a demo, and also as a 2nd recipe - when I do it as a 2nd recipe, it's in the oven baking when guests arrive, so they can smell it...then I flip it out onto the round platter so they can all ooohhh and aaahhhh over it, and the wonderfulness of the 12 inch skillet, and then I just finish garnishing it.

I've been doing the Molten Lava or Cobbler in the DCB. LOVE IT and the DCB! I am not up to as many as Michael, but I have sold more since conference than I have in 2 years!

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas and the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake. It's always great to hear feedback from fellow consultants. I personally love the chipotle seasoning in the fajitas, but I've also had success using a simple combination of chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder for a more traditional flavor. As for other recipe suggestions, I highly recommend our Southwest Chicken and Black Bean Skillet recipe. It's another quick and easy meal that is always a hit at my shows. I understand your struggle with finding a good dessert recipe for this season's catalog. One option could be the Lemon Blueberry Trifle from our "Celebrate Spring" recipe collection. It's a refreshing and delicious dessert that is perfect for this time of year. However, if you feel more comfortable sticking with the three recipes you have already chosen, that is perfectly fine as well. Quality over quantity is always key when it comes to show recipes. Best of luck with your upcoming show!

1. Can I use regular ingredients in the "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." recipes?

Yes, the "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." recipes can be made with regular ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores.

2. Are the recipes in "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." are designed to be easy to follow with step-by-step instructions and clear measurements.

3. Can I make substitutions in the "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." recipes?

While we recommend following the recipes as written for the best results, you can make substitutions if needed. Just keep in mind that the end result may be slightly different.

4. Are there vegetarian or vegan options in "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..."?

Yes, there are vegetarian and vegan options included in the "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." recipe collection for those with dietary restrictions.

5. How many recipes are included in "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..."?

There are over 50 delicious recipes included in "Tried More Recipes! Plus More..." for a variety of dishes including appetizers, main courses, and desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • kristamk