• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling by Plane With Pampered Chef Show Products

In summary, Mary plans to fly to her home state of Massachusetts to visit family and show her new wares. She is unsure if she will be able to bring her entire inventory with her, so she is considering borrowing items from family and friends. She has traveled to Florida before with her rolling suitcase and had no problems, so she is confident in its ability to hold her products.
Bren706
Gold Member
I am planning to make a trip back to my hometown in Massachusetts in March, and hope to get 1 to 2 shows in as well that week. (I live in NC) We are looking into traveling by plane (Skybus, for $40/ticket), to save wear and tear on my van.

My question is, have you ever done a show in a location where you had to travel by plane, and how did you handle getting your products there? I was thinking about purchasing the tote on wheels (not sure of the correct name), but not sure if this would fit the purpose.

Welcome to Mass :)

Can you borrow stuff from people here so you don't have to drag it on a plane with you? I'd be afraid stuff would get broken.

Yes where in MA are you going? Maybe there are people that could help.

I am going to the Berkshires. (Lee/Lenox). My brothers and sister live in Canaan, CT. (about 35 minutes away), and I was thinking about borrowing some of my sister-n-laws stuff, but I am sure she won't have everything. Oh, and a women from the church that I attended is/was a consultant, so I may be able to touch base with her to see.

I do this regularly when I visit my sisters who have stoneware and other heavy items like batter bowls. I borrow theirs, and just pack my light stuff (especially new products) and paperwork. At first, I was able to stuff everything in an 18" or 20" rolling suitcase that I carried on the plane. Then I got a forged knife, and chose to still pack everything in the same suitcase but check it.

I could have just checked the knife with my clothes, but somehow I thought it might be more tempting for a scanner to pluck it out for safety or greed if it was all by itself with underwear. I figured being packed with a cooling rack, food chopper, cutting board, etc made it pretty obvious I had a professional reason for traveling with the knife. I've done this 3 times now with no problem other than always having a note from TSA that says they inspected the suitcase. If the suitcase were to be lost, I figure I would be able to get full value of the products back from the airline since I can prove with the catalog how much they're worth. It would make the show difficult, but I'd improvise and go for sympathy orders! :)

You don't to have lots of stuff. Just pick a recipe that will have whatever you can borrow for big stuff and then pack the small things with you. You should be good!

I have traveled to Florida from PA with my rolling case and it works very well. My sister has plenty of stoneware, so I bring anything new and different since my last visit. Last time, I shipped a Trifle Bowl ahead to her, which she then kept (I gave it to her).

Mary

1. Can I bring my Pampered Chef products on a plane?

Yes, you can bring your Pampered Chef products on a plane. However, there are some guidelines and restrictions that you should be aware of before traveling.

2. Do I need to pack my Pampered Chef products in checked luggage or can I bring them in my carry-on?

You can bring your Pampered Chef products in either your checked luggage or your carry-on. However, if you are traveling with sharp objects such as knives, it is recommended to pack them in your checked luggage to avoid any issues with security.

3. Do I need to declare my Pampered Chef products at the airport?

If the total value of your Pampered Chef products is over $800, you may need to declare them at the airport. It is always best to check with your airline before traveling to ensure you are following all necessary guidelines.

4. Are there any size or weight restrictions for Pampered Chef products on a plane?

Generally, there are no size or weight restrictions for Pampered Chef products on a plane. However, it is always best to check with your specific airline before traveling to confirm any restrictions or limitations.

5. Can I bring my own food or cook with my Pampered Chef products on the plane?

No, you cannot bring your own food or cook with your Pampered Chef products on the plane. The use of any heating devices is prohibited on planes for safety reasons. However, you can bring your Pampered Chef products to your destination and cook with them there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ange13
  • Naomi Carden
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tenille V.