• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transforming a Show in P3: Tips for Switching Between Catalog and Cooking Shows

In summary, you can change a catalog show to a cooking show by using the edit button on the summary page.
momoftwins
I have heard that you can't change a catalog show to a cooking show in P3 - but how do you even change a cooking show to a catalog show?? I can not figure that out. Thanks in advance!

On the summary page, there is an edit button to change it to a catalog show.

Hope that helps.

I believe you can only change it once though, then the edit option goes away

Shana,

That's because you can't upgrade a show from catalog to cooking, so once you downgrade it you are set.

I used P3 for several weeks before I noticed the Summary tab! I was always looking to the right to see the next step and didn't notice to the left. Silly me!

momoftwins said:
I have heard that you can't change a catalog show to a cooking show in P3 - but how do you even change a cooking show to a catalog show?? I can not figure that out. Thanks in advance!
It STINKSthat you can't do the first, and I complained vehemently when I had to print out and re-enter 19 orders the other day. :mad:

Last edited:
wonder what the logic is behind their design in this?
Melinda

I do most of mine as a cooking show. If the host of a catalog show wants to cook a PC recipe I supply the recipe and then book as a cooking show and give them the additional FPV for doing the recipe - some take it to work and all to entice people to look at the catalog.

I guess HO does not think there is a way for a catalog show to be turned into a cooking show in real life for some reason. :D :rolleyes:

I just installed P3 last night, so, I have not done anything with it.

jrstephens said:
I do most of mine as a cooking show. If the host of a catalog show wants to cook a PC recipe I supply the recipe and then book as a cooking show and give them the additional FPV for doing the recipe - some take it to work and all to entice people to look at the catalog.

LOVE that idea!!!!

DebbieJ said:
LOVE that idea!!!!

Yeah- that's a good idea.

As for changing out the show type- it's such a pain- I usually end up just re-entering all the orders and messing up my number system.

I have had plenty of catalog shows where after getting several orders together the host says "I want to have a ckking show after all" and invites friends over. Some of those have been among my best attended shows!

PC needs to re-think making it hard for us to change on our programs!

Related to Transforming a Show in P3: Tips for Switching Between Catalog and Cooking Shows

1. How do I transition between a catalog show and a cooking show smoothly?

To transition smoothly between a catalog show and a cooking show, make sure to have all necessary cooking equipment and ingredients organized and easily accessible. Use a clear and concise script to guide the audience through the transition and explain the purpose of the cooking demonstration. It can also be helpful to have a separate area designated for the cooking demonstration to keep the focus on the products being showcased.

2. What are some tips for keeping the audience engaged during a catalog show?

To keep the audience engaged during a catalog show, try to incorporate interactive elements such as games or hands-on product demonstrations. It can also be helpful to share personal stories or tips related to the products being showcased. Utilizing visual aids and incorporating humor can also help to keep the audience engaged.

3. How can I effectively switch between showcasing products and demonstrating recipes during a show?

One effective way to switch between showcasing products and demonstrating recipes is to have a clear plan and timeline for the show. Incorporate product demonstrations throughout the show to break up the recipe demonstrations. It can also be helpful to have a designated helper or assistant to help with product demonstrations while you focus on the recipe demonstration.

4. What are some ways to make the transition between a catalog show and a cooking show visually appealing?

To make the transition between a catalog show and a cooking show visually appealing, consider using different backgrounds or props to differentiate between the two segments. Utilizing colorful and visually appealing ingredients and cookware can also make the cooking demonstration more visually engaging. It can also be helpful to use a variety of camera angles and close-up shots during the cooking demonstration.

5. How can I effectively incorporate product sales into a cooking show?

To effectively incorporate product sales into a cooking show, be sure to highlight the products being used in the recipe demonstration and explain their benefits and features. Encourage the audience to ask questions and provide opportunities for them to try out the products. You can also offer special deals or discounts on the showcased products during the show to incentivize sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefcarole