• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Training New Consultants: Cook & Book or DIY?

In summary, the experts suggest using the online training center to avoid overwhelming new consultants. Some directors also offer a "what to do while waiting for your kit" letter and incorporate the Cook & Book training into their new consultant training. Others pair up with another director and offer a monthly in-person training, while some do phone trainings and use coaching guidelines. Some directors also share their "while you wait" letters with others on forums. Overall, the key is to provide a variety of training methods and resources to cater to different learning styles and ensure new consultants have everything they need to succeed.
imported_pckrissy
How do you train your new consultants? Do you use the new cook & book training or do you do your own? At New Director Training they were telling us to use Cook & Book...I used to follow what my AD did and she used to go from the Welcome Book which is no longer around...just curious and looking for tips...sometimes I tend to give TOO Much info at training and I don't want to overwhelm...my consultants in the past that I've trained are doing ok so I guess I'm not horrible but would like to streamline...thanks for any advice, tips you may have ::

I'm getting them into the online training center ASAP! That way I don't overload them... the otc is just the right amount.

I agree!! Do the OTC's right away. They're so eager to learn and they can do it on their own time!

Thanks, I do a "what to do while waiting for your kit" letter and it says in there to do the OTC..and I tell them about that verbally also...do you do a in person training?

I do also give them the training "what to do while waiting" from Debi. It's set up into 2 different classes but I give them both at the same time.

My SD says that I need to do a cook & book so I"m considering it sometime in August.

I've offered the cook & book but couldn't get it done on a day that was good for my newest consultants. Maybe in September? My newest has a show Aug 7th and I'm going to go with her to it.

I pair up with another director to do both cluster meetings and new consultant trainings. We offer each once a month. My problem is that many new consultants of mine can't come or are out of state. I try to do phone trainings with them and use the guidelines to coaching new consultants or whatever the official name is. Some are not receptive and are impossible to get a hold of. Go figure - some of those fizzle out. Now that I have a pretty good group of new consultants all at the same time, I may do training conference calls to save ME time to kill 3 birds with one stone. Unfortunately one is on eastern time and the other is on west coast time, so coming up with a time that works will be interesting.

I do love the Cook and Book training. We've done it a few times as part of our New Consultant Training and it's great. The other times we kind of structure if according to what those in attendance need.

would any of you share your "while you wait" letters? I have one, but I'd like to see others.

I've been making some changes to my training. Here's part of what I'm currently using. I'm doing revisions to some more of it. (Note they didn't upload in order.)

Attachments

• New Consultant Training - Ive Got My Kit, Now What (Tri-Cluster).doc
    82 KB · Views: 249
  • New Consutant Training - The Cooking Show (Tri-Cluster).doc
    902.5 KB · Views: 255
Debi - those are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing them.

pamperedlinda said:
Debi - those are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Thanks Linda! And everyone else! My cluster is so spread out over the US and Germany, I want to ensure my Consultant's have everything they need in case I'm not there to help in person. And since everyone learns differently, I also have at least ONE New Consultant Training at my home. I do require that they complete the first 6 online training courses before they come so we aren't covering the obvious, rather those little questions that come up.

Now, all that being said, PLEASE give me input on these documents if you see anything that you feel could be improved!

These new consultant training documents are great. My gals over there (in Germany) benefited tremendously from them.

Seeing them makes me miss our times together Debi.:cry: On a happy note, we both have our director anniversaries on September 1st. :party: Can you believe it's been a year already girl?

These are AMAZING and you are to be commended for caring for your team so well! Thanks so much for sharing!

legacypc46 said:
These new consultant training documents are great. My gals over there (in Germany) benefited tremendously from them.

Seeing them makes me miss our times together Debi.:cry: On a happy note, we both have our director anniversaries on September 1st. :party: Can you believe it's been a year already girl?

I know! It's flown by.

quiverfull7 said:
These are AMAZING and you are to be commended for caring for your team so well! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks so much! Kris did help with the original though. Gotta give her credit!

Debi & Kris - How do you use this? Do you go over it page by page with your new consultant or do you give them a brief overview of it and tell them to read it and ask if they have any questions?

I truly love these documents! They are wonderful and so much better than the 'to do' list that I was giving out. These just say it all! So much of what I was already telling them, but in a handy dandy notebook form that they can refer back to.

pamperedlinda said:
Debi & Kris - How do you use this? Do you go over it page by page with your new consultant or do you give them a brief overview of it and tell them to read it and ask if they have any questions?

I truly love these documents! They are wonderful and so much better than the 'to do' list that I was giving out. These just say it all! So much of what I was already telling them, but in a handy dandy notebook form that they can refer back to.

I don't know why I missed these the first time around!! I want to say I love them too. I haven't looked very closelyl at them, but Debi they look awesome!! I'm curious to know how you use them. I've been doing an initial email (probably a few) with similar information, but this is MUCh more organized!!! I'm going to send these out to those who signed in the past month just to reiterate everything. And these are easier to print up and look at.

Thanks!!!

We used to have classes but all we basically did was go over the documents themselves. Now, what I do is this:1. When they sign I send them a copy of our Cluster Statement, Rules, and Recognition Program along with a welcome email outlining what they can expect from me and what I expect from them.2. I also send them What Can I Do While I Wait for my Kit?3. When they tell me they've received their kit or about 2 weeks later (remember, I'm in Germany as are most of my Consultants), I send them the second training.4. About 2 weeks after that I send the final one.This last month I did offer a New Consultant Training but required they complete the first 6 online training courses first. I'm also always available to them for questions and such.

Would you be willing to share your Cluster Statement, Rules, and Recognition Program? I love to see and learn from what others do

Sure! The team primarily created most of this.

Attachments

• Effatt Cluster Statement:Goals:Rules.pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 204
    24.5 KB · Views: 208
    24.5 KB · Views: 200
    24.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Effatt Cluster Welcome to Our Team.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 197
    37.3 KB · Views: 196
    37.3 KB · Views: 228
    37.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Effatt Cluster 2008 Recognition Program.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 210
    24.4 KB · Views: 203
    24.4 KB · Views: 199
    24.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Effatt Cluster 2008 Indivdual Goals Worksheet.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 202
    65.5 KB · Views: 206
    65.5 KB · Views: 197
    65.5 KB · Views: 200
Man Debi! Those docs are great! They will be very helpful. I especially love your Welcome to our team letter! I wil be using THAT!

Oh you guys! Thank you but many of the things I use were based on or inspired by other documents I found on CS. I know the Welcome to the Team document was but I did alot of tweaking. The recognition program is pretty original because I really wanted to find a way to recognize EVERYONE who was meeting their goals, not just the top sellers because some of my consultants just don't have THAT goal.I know in the actual training documents, I made a very conscious effort not to repeat a bunch of info, which is why I have so many references. I'm trying to get away from so much hand-holding but I'm more than willing to point them in the right direction.And I always welcome input and suggestions so if you have any, please don't hesitate!

Debi, I was just looking at your recognition doc. The silver whisk is given for reaching $15K in sales not promotion to FD.

Just thought you might want to fix that.

Thanks for the docs.

1. How long does the training for new consultants typically last?

The training for new consultants typically lasts for about 2-3 weeks. This includes online training modules, in-person training sessions, and shadowing experienced consultants at parties.

2. Is there a cost for the training program?

There is no cost for the initial training program for new consultants. However, there may be additional training materials or resources that can be purchased for an extra cost.

3. What topics are covered in the training program?

The training program covers a variety of topics, including product knowledge, best practices for hosting parties, how to use the Pampered Chef website and tools, and tips for building a successful business. There is also a focus on customer service and building relationships with clients.

4. Is there ongoing training and support available for new consultants?

Yes, there is ongoing training and support available for new consultants. This includes access to online training resources, regional and national conferences, and mentorship from experienced consultants.

5. Can I start hosting parties and making sales before completing the training?

While it is not recommended, new consultants can start hosting parties and making sales before completing the training program. However, it is important to note that completing the training will give you a better understanding of the products and business, and may lead to more successful parties and sales in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • finley1991